Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Archer Discussion

This is a discussion on Archer Discussion within the BETA chat forums, part of the Archive category; can i assume that the huge orc babarian build orc/humans are doomed now, cause due to their size they will ...
Page: 2

can i assume that the huge orc babarian build orc/humans are doomed now, cause due to their size they will get hit by all 5 arrows easy :P ?

and the human male warrior (thats me )because they are thin, will find it easier (if at all) to avoid atleast 2 arrows (out of 5)

Everyone get female el morad characters! xD

Orcs have the disadvantage against Archers if character size is an issue. h34r:

tommyleonghk

Everyone get female el morad characters! xD

Orcs have the disadvantage against Archers if character size is an issue. h34r:[/b]
    lol... i dont think size is an issue here but who knows...any archers out there wanna try that out and tell us the outcome?

Its well known that its hard for all arrows to hit a female character.

Usualy only hit with 3 up close.

StoneColdAngel

I will definatly go archer when a new server comes out cuz it sounds very interesting and challenging to play one now with the new patch coming

HastaLaVista

I will definatly go archer when a new server comes out cuz it sounds very interesting and challenging to play one now with the new patch coming [/b]
    Would be good, if you test it on beta before going archer. ^^
    Anyone said there is still a problem with dcing.
    I thinks thats annoying if you keep dcing, but dunno if its true.

Alright I just got Access to the Beta and heres what I found out so far at lv40.

Ranged Attacks
    It will not let you combo with this anymore, damage will not be dealt if your attacking faster than what archers originally attack for without a combo. I tried using two different ranged attacks but that didnt work.

You can still attack and then immediately move but you have to stick to how fast archers are suppose to attack, no change other than the fact that you can basicly run and shoot now![/b]
    this is somewhat "fair"...to let archer combo on distance would be idiotic, noobs would just hit'n'run, theyre doing it today also, but because dmg is slow its useless. ice arrow+combo on distance would not be fair

Multi/AS Attacks
    Yep, you can combo with this![/b]
    so youre basically saying that you can cancel these kind of skills animation, i wouldnt call it combo cause combo is basically "combining" multiple skills and R dmg faster than the animation allows you to. but still i like this, because archer will now become much tougher oponnent in VS, which will lead to archers actrually VS you, and not run away as soon as you get in a range. I like this...it will spice up things in PK

when you get to higher lvl and get a bigger mana pool, pls post how is minoring working like this, that we will be able to call combo...archer minor combo ftw!

H
    o
    l
    y
    s
    h
    i
    t

Ill be able to win shitloads of vses against babashopped warrior when this patch comes
    And everyone wants archer in their xp parties haha.

H
    o
    l
    y
    s
    h
    i
    t

Ill be able to win shitloads of vses against babashopped warrior when this patch comes
    And everyone wants archer in their xp parties haha.[/b]
    ye we'll just have to see this xD you and warrior are gonna deal somewhat similar dmg to each other now, you got styx he got bleed, you got light arrow he got shockstun

and ya'all keep forgetting that lvl 83 warrior is getting a howling sword in BERSERK. so there will be neat skills for warrior there, like self-restoration, dexterity boost, a skill that makes dmg goes to mana and not to HP allowing warrior to heal with 1920 (outrage FTW) xD

interesting times are coming cant wait

Cruinne

Using W and S buttons and calling it combo didnt make sense to me; if u press S, 2-3 of your arrows will fail, when u press W, your opponent will go back and same thing will happen. Its already happening in current game, as many ppl know tanking archers is useless, they either slide or use S&W in Vss. Even if shooting speed is increased in new patch using arrow shower with W ans S buttons will be a handicap in my opinion.

If we re to call something ''combo'' in archers, then it must be adjusting Soul and Hp pots' balance well enough to survive a vs.

Using W and S buttons and calling it combo didnt make sense to me; if u press S, 2-3 of your arrows will fail, when u press W, your opponent will go back and same thing will happen. Its already happening in current game, as many ppl know tanking archers is useless, they either slide or use S&W in Vss. Even if shooting speed is increased in new patch using arrow shower with W ans S buttons will be a handicap in my opinion.

If we re to call something ''combo'' in archers, then it must be adjusting Soul and Hp pots' balance well enough to survive a vs.[/b]
    no using W and S we're calling it skill animation cancelling (at least i am as i said it previously) which will now be possible in new patch for archers, at least with arrow shower according to metalkon and beta test. today if u cancel AS animation skill will fail. in new patch it wont, which will allow you to deal more arrow showers then before.

and also if u can cancel skill animation it should be possible to throw in minor healing since you cant MH while animation lasts but you CAN if u cancel the animation, now that IS combo, youre comboing AS and MH. this needs to be tested, so we're waiting for metalkon to lvl up, get a bigger mana pool and test it

If a mh/hp pot combo is possible then it would have to be a couple mh's between attacks or something since you still have to wait for half of your skill animation, it would be extremely hard to do if its possible I would imagine.

I DC now more then EVER on KO with this new beta on Archer. I leveled a priest to 83 and ran around all day and didn't dc once, went back on my Archer and dced 4 times in 10 min pking.

I have been DC'ing a lot also, but I don't know if its the server or if its all about being an archer.

I hardly d/c'd when I was under lv70 though.

misterfrisco

If archer become stronger and their skills are better then what they are now i will consider making one, cause i know on my warrior with good gear i VSed an archer on Ares with a +10 Iron Bow and another one with a +9 i still beat them maybe they werent buffed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast