Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

MINOR COOLDOWN, PROVE TO UNFAIRNESS

This is a discussion on MINOR COOLDOWN, PROVE TO UNFAIRNESS within the BETA chat forums, part of the Archive category; then you haven't played Girakon/Akara or Carnac like both of us did together. Surely you know SilverrHazee, but if you ...
Page: 3

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

then you haven't played Girakon/Akara or Carnac like both of us did together. Surely you know SilverrHazee, but if you dont, go watch some youtube video's.

i am a new user[/b]
    u joined for over a year Oo"

snipelord

okay. say this new minor heal has a .(thatd be a decimal point)2 cooldown, and a soul pot has a 2 second cool down (fuck off if you bring exact numbers its close e-fucking-nough for my point), this will permit 20x minor heal (the amount of one soul pot for my special friends) to be done in 4 seconds. Now, instead of spamming soul pots like you normally do while double minoring, you may JUST have to figure out how to yano hp and minor heal. Now for some of you .. slower.. individuals yes this may seem quite a daunting task, above your current abilities, and will go from being half way decent, to shit.

HERE IS A REASON FOR IT: say everyone has +3 uniques +9 armor and +9/+10 weps (which isn't TOO far off), yet all of these people either bent over for a GM, or borrowed mommy and daddy's CC. These individuals tend to be crap at the game, and were destroyed by assassins at the beginning of their KO careers. Now these said individuals will still have these insane items, however will be unable to use them, since they will be unable to have 2 minor heals on their bar, and just be bashing away on the keyboard, they will now be limited to say 600 hp per 2 seconds(which everyone knows is less then a 720 pot, and everyone goes for the 720 potting rogue)). NOW since you can still minor heal 10 times per 2 seconds you will have sufficient mana to say minor heal and hp pot(which is 1920 hp per 4 seconds (with full minor (say 18 per pot (cus you need for skills as well)) you can achieve about 2100 hp per 4 seconds so yes, a 180 hp drop per 4 seconds... now how long does a duel between a sin and a warrior last? 10-15 seconds? so say at the most you lose 720 hp out of an entire duel(because a rogue will be hurt equally and most bps can't move my hp maliced (and i have +0/+1 uniques) im not TOO worried about that either..), which will make all of the rogues that just spent shit loads of money, yet never learned how to actually play, be bad, which is what they should be. Now, as i previously said, it will seperate the good rouges from the bad rogues.

MortalDance, one of if not the best rogue on the Ares server said -its gonna take more skill now using HP pot and minor heal, than just minor heal pedal-

So, stop fucking whining about it and learn to play. (or there is a market section where you can go sell off your shit)

Let the bodies hit the floor.

ZasH

So, stop fucking whining about it and learn to play. (or there is a market section where you can go sell off your shit)[/b]
    lol u meant that to me? hahahahahahahhahahahahahhaahahahahhahahahahahahaha xD u see? its precisely because I know how to play that i dont want the minor-cooldown to happen, and if u know how to read, i showed that 3rd party tools like pedals or minor-hack programs are not as effective as minor can be cause u cant control it.

There is one thing that make even me whine a bit :

Minor cooldown was mode to prevent "pedalers" from abusing it.
    But at the same time, now they will have even bigger adventage* over others -
    In theory ( notice it ! only potentially ) it gos like this ( short version ) :

Being able to force game to "TRY" minor 99999 times a sec, they will have the best chance to get from new minor it full potential, where at the same time other sins will have to deal with timing as well as canceling animation ( as we all know, minor dosnt work when animation is played ) .

K and now a BONUS

How to minor on beta ? A guide for retards :

Right click is a good choice but i think its best to have 3rd hand for this option .
    Dual minor ? Yep Press minor buttons one after another - not both at same time ! ! ! - and spam R as fast as u can.
    When u start, try to "feel" the minor ( just like u do when combing with a warrior or BP ) and try to notice when it works best for u and ur fps.
    U need to know that its possible to BEAT a soul pot and go PURE minor - but only when using mana for skills ( fighting ).
    If u cant, then it means u need to practice more.

Happy ?

btw1: Don't ask WHY just do it oO
    btw2: Not much? I wonder what ppl expected Anyway it works so bb
    btw3: Need more info ? Sure np !
    Trading Assassin Minor Guide for "advanced retards" for Rogue Shell Set +9
    CHEAP

ArminVanBuuren

u see? none of you have provided true JUST reasons for it, cmon! gimme real reasons, just reasons, reasons that makes sense for this minor cooldown to be released[/b]
    I'll give you a reason. Before RoFD there was a bug with which you could actually spam minor heal just as fast as by using pedal or dual minor, you had to hold CTRL and use minor for doing it. It was labeled unfair by the people from K2 due to the extreme speed in minoring, which wasn't supposed to be like that.

When RoFD came out, also did a new bug: dual minor heal (yeah, is a bug if you don't know, 'cause you aren't supposed to be able to use the same skill twice at the same time). This new "method" would allow people to increase the minor heal speed, giving them the same capabilities in healing speed as if they were using CTRL+minor bug (which wasn't allowed).

Now, what have they done? Simple. They fixed the bug. By setting the cooldown the old CTRL+minor heal speed is over, so finally the old bug is completely gone. Why whey would do that? Because they are fixing the game... by giving advantage to the 3rd party tools users? Well, they should also be banning the offenders, but they don't so the system is not working. Unfair? Unfair is just having to still deal with cheaters, fixing the minor heal bug is not. Now you'll have to play just like real assassins and if you plan to tell me that I'm saying this because I don't know how to minor combo, well, been playing rogue since 2004 and already know how to use both dual and minor+hp combo, and I still don't see the problem in here.

Now you have 2 options: keep complaining about it and stop playing rogue 'till they set up old minor (K2 won't do anything for sure) or just keep playing and just finding out how to use your rogue with the old fashion minor style. You don't get anything by complaining, specially here. If you want to get some results, go post in the official forums, and even there they won't give a shit about it (is true u_u there are plenty topics about it already).

h34r:

A lot of good rouges use single minor and right click because it's the best minor combo. Dual Minor is good, but you ask a lot of good rouges, they will use right click and single minor.

1st of all the reson of minor cd is NOT the pedalers.. 1st it came in KOKO and i highly doubt theres any pedal user 'turk'

I want to prove that the reasons for minor cooldown are UNFAIR and why people actually approves it:

blah blah blah...

*I wanna see real JUST reasons for the minor cooldown to happen, reasons which makes sense, not the reasons from people who cry and whine about it cause they cant do it, cause this is what it is all about.[/b]
    This is getting annoying how ppl cries and then say other ppl is crying. This minor cooldown is coming, want it or not.

You ask for "real" reasons. Even if you knew the reason, what are you going to do? make them change it? not going to happend. Why instead of crying, didn't you went to try it on the beta?

The reason why they do it it doesnt matter. They could allow the 1440 hp pots and dont say shit to you, and you could cry about it, still they wouldnt care. Its coming because its coming.

Minor healing its OVERPOWERED as it is right now. Minor cooldown its just balancing the game making rogues not to be the BEST class by far over the others.

Ppl crying about the MC is ppl that started to play KO (or assassin) from KE and later, they found combo and minor heal already, they just learned it from someone, they had it easy. Thats why when a time to figure out what to do next comes, they just dont know what to do.

DEAL with the minor cooldown, a real man faces the issues in front of them and find them a solution, dont just bitch about them and hope they disappear or get fixed by magic.

Deal with it. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

"because I know how to play that i dont want the minor-cooldown to happen" Thats prolly the only way u know how to play thats why u dont want it to happen. You say it like u gotta be so pro to do minor heal right now lawl, a 5 year old kid could do minor as it is right now.

In ardream,

a warrior with iron set dual rocs dual we's chitin 8 set raptor 4 rebrith, (best setup u can get)
    vs
    rogue with skelly chitin 7 wp quest rings 2 silver earrings, shard 7's

easily the rogue will win, because the warrior will never be able to beat a good minor,
    i had to deal with loosing to undergeard rogues cant wait for this shitty cooldown, even though archers will pwn me xD

how can a dcz warrior wield both a Raptor 8 (almost) and Chitin 8 at the same time? i thought it wasn't possible because you dont get enough stats. Sorry for my noobiness, but i just simply dont play Ardream, thats why i ask.

lol yea +4 rebirth is same req as +7, req doesnt change until the +5 rebirth

BillClinton

okay. say this new minor heal has a .(thatd be a decimal point)2 cooldown, and a soul pot has a 2 second cool down (fuck off if you bring exact numbers its close e-fucking-nough for my point), this will permit 20x minor heal (the amount of one soul pot for my special friends) to be done in 4 seconds. Now, instead of spamming soul pots like you normally do while double minoring, you may JUST have to figure out how to yano hp and minor heal. Now for some of you .. slower.. individuals yes this may seem quite a daunting task, above your current abilities, and will go from being half way decent, to shit.

HERE IS A REASON FOR IT: say everyone has +3 uniques +9 armor and +9/+10 weps (which isn't TOO far off), yet all of these people either bent over for a GM, or borrowed mommy and daddy's CC. These individuals tend to be crap at the game, and were destroyed by assassins at the beginning of their KO careers. Now these said individuals will still have these insane items, however will be unable to use them, since they will be unable to have 2 minor heals on their bar, and just be bashing away on the keyboard, they will now be limited to say 600 hp per 2 seconds(which everyone knows is less then a 720 pot, and everyone goes for the 720 potting rogue)). NOW since you can still minor heal 10 times per 2 seconds you will have sufficient mana to say minor heal and hp pot(which is 1920 hp per 4 seconds (with full minor (say 18 per pot (cus you need for skills as well)) you can achieve about 2100 hp per 4 seconds so yes, a 180 hp drop per 4 seconds... now how long does a duel between a sin and a warrior last? 10-15 seconds? so say at the most you lose 720 hp out of an entire duel(because a rogue will be hurt equally and most bps can't move my hp maliced (and i have +0/+1 uniques) im not TOO worried about that either..), which will make all of the rogues that just spent shit loads of money, yet never learned how to actually play, be bad, which is what they should be. Now, as i previously said, it will seperate the good rouges from the bad rogues.

MortalDance, one of if not the best rogue on the Ares server said -its gonna take more skill now using HP pot and minor heal, than just minor heal pedal-

So, stop fucking whining about it and learn to play. (or there is a market section where you can go sell off your shit)[/b]

What you missed in your analysis is that if you use hp pot+minor, you will miss one hp pot use since you have to use a mana pot when your mana runs out after the second hp pot use. If you redo your calculations, you'll see that because of this one missed hp pot use, hp pot+minor is just marginally better than hp pot only, while old minor only is still significantly better than hp pot only.

I'll give you a reason. Before RoFD there was a bug with which you could actually spam minor heal just as fast as by using pedal or dual minor, you had to hold CTRL and use minor for doing it. It was labeled unfair by the people from K2 due to the extreme speed in minoring, which wasn't supposed to be like that.

When RoFD came out, also did a new bug: dual minor heal (yeah, is a bug if you don't know, 'cause you aren't supposed to be able to use the same skill twice at the same time). This new "method" would allow people to increase the minor heal speed, giving them the same capabilities in healing speed as if they were using CTRL+minor bug (which wasn't allowed).

Now, what have they done? Simple. They fixed the bug. By setting the cooldown the old CTRL+minor heal speed is over, so finally the old bug is completely gone. Why whey would do that? Because they are fixing the game... by giving advantage to the 3rd party tools users? Well, they should also be banning the offenders, but they don't so the system is not working. Unfair? Unfair is just having to still deal with cheaters, fixing the minor heal bug is not. Now you'll have to play just like real assassins and if you plan to tell me that I'm saying this because I don't know how to minor combo, well, been playing rogue since 2004 and already know how to use both dual and minor+hp combo, and I still don't see the problem in here.

Now you have 2 options: keep complaining about it and stop playing rogue 'till they set up old minor (K2 won't do anything for sure) or just keep playing and just finding out how to use your rogue with the old fashion minor style. You don't get anything by complaining, specially here. If you want to get some results, go post in the official forums, and even there they won't give a shit about it (is true u_u there are plenty topics about it already).

h34r:[/b]

Dual minor is not a bug. No human can press two buttons exactly at the same time and because of the random difference in the small interval between the time your first and second fingers press minor, even when you are pressing the two buttons together, you end up minoring at two different points in time. You are not using the same skill twice at the same time.

I completely agree with the maker of this post. All the arguments against the cooldown that he raises are valid. Assassin is the most complicated and difficult class in KO, but because of that you have a wide range within which you can realize your play, depending on your skill level. What the cooldown will do is it will impose a "skill cap" on assassins. Assassins can compensate for their lack of items with their skill, but with this "skill cap" they will be more restricted in doing so and items will factor in more than skill.

Not to mention, by considerably reducing their healing capability, it also makes assassins weaker relative to the other classes. I am absolutely against it unless maybe a similar adjustment is made for the other classes as well.

Trojanelf

Dual minoring was always a bug they fixed it good.
    Maybe you should've known it was a bug and actually chosen another class as this was one day going to come.
    And if you have so much "skills" it shouldn't be hard to come with a new way to minor.
    I was also a rogue and it was my favorite class but unfortunately they were like tanks so something had to be done.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    08-17-2012, 06:06 AM