Resistances + Defence/HP Question

This is a discussion on Resistances + Defence/HP Question within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi I know this is a topic a lot of people want to know so I am going to ask ...
Page: 1

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Default Resistances + Defence/HP Question

Hi I know this is a topic a lot of people want to know so I am going to ask it.

Resistances:

There are 6 type of resistances:
    -Lightning
    -Fire
    -Glacier
    -Magic
    -Curse
    -Poison

What does each one protect against (first 3 are obvious, maybe also last one)? And how much does X resistance really make a difference?

------------------

Defence:

How much does defence really apply? In terms of the damage it reduces? X defence = Y damage reduced (in average).

-----------------

Defense vs Hp:

Whats the trade off? Whats better X HP or Y defense?

-----------------

Weapon defence:

How much does it affect? I made a post about Weapon Defence before and the answer people gave was that it reduces in percentage starting from the highest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyria15 View Post
    The way I understood it was a percentage as well.

Lets say a sin's spike usually does 1000 damage (yes I know some will do more, but it's easy math) With more DD the damage is reduced by each pc even further. Damage reduction seems to be taken from higher dd pcs first.

+25dd helm = damage now 750 (1000 x .75)

+25dd Gab's+7 = damage now 562 (750 x .75)

+10dd from master 5 skill = damage now 506 (562 x .90)

+10dd iron neck = damage now 455 (506 x .90)

+10dd iron belt = damage now 406 (455 x .90)

So instead of that spike causing 1000 damage, it only causes 406 damage.

I could be wrong, but that's the way it was explained to me.
    Well I hope someone can answer these questions and helps everyone.

Thanks.
    Last edited by MushtMan; 03-02-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ;2589396
    Hi I know this is a topic a lot of people want to know so I am going to ask it.

Resistances:

There are 6 type of resistances:
    -Lightning ( decrease the dmg from lighting skills and the chance of getting stunned )
    -Fire ( decrease the dmg from flam skills and flame dot dmg)
    -Glacier ( decrease the dmg from ice skills and the chance of getting slowed)
    -Magic ( i tested this in arena it make mage skills hit less but not that much only -30 dmg when i tested it i was using that buff i forgot its name .. and it dont work agains mage staff atk)
    -Curse ( i belive curse meant to be the dot dmg where ur hp bar become
    yellow .. so it should decrease the dot dmg but i didnt tested it )
    -Poison ( this one when ur hp become purble which is useless in pk cuz only mob do that )

What does each one protect against (first 3 are obvious, maybe also last one)? And how much does X resistance really make a difference?

------------------

Defence:

How much does defence really apply? In terms of the damage it reduces? X defence = Y damage reduced (in average).
    if damage was applied from person ap defense will take placa but if it was from weapons elemental then defense wont apply to it .. for the average i cant really tell but dont worry about it

-----------------

Defense vs Hp:

Whats the trade off? Whats better X HP or Y defense?

i belive hp vs defense debend on ur server if there is more mages u will need more hp if there was more melles u will need more ac
    if they were balance i think it can be around 300hp vs 50ac

-----------------

Weapon defence:

How much does it affect? I made a post about Weapon Defence before and the answer people gave was that it reduces in percentage starting from the highest.
    im gonna give u example dagger defense
    rogue wear dual daggers so each 10 dd will take 20% from the dmg
    if u spike someone 1500 it will be 1200
    then 10 dd from neck : 1200 x .2 = 960
    and so on
    if u got dd helmet i belive it will apply first
    and for other weapons like warrior dual wield it will apply as this but for single wield it will take only 10% from each 10 weapon defense

Well I hope someone can answer these questions and helps everyone.

Thanks,

UndeadAssassin.
    hope this will help u
    Last edited by Draven; 04-12-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Thanks for the help, all's good but i think ur DD defence is wrong...

If i wear dual daggers and it takes off 10% from each dagger this would equal 10% of the total damage i do because the daggers are my damage, thus it would not be 20% from the total damage.

But i think it's a more complicated math to do when using dual warrior weapons, because the left handed weapon does less than the right handed weapon, therefor you really have to know how much each applies (not that hard to figure out though, just check how much ap it adds and then calculate the percentage of it and multiply that percentage on the normal damge you do and then you calculate how much less you would do with the defence against that weapon).

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    02-03-2011, 06:00 AM
  2. Hits: 7
    02-04-2010, 06:19 PM