Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By brutalsnake
  • 1 Post By brutalsnake
  • 1 Post By twostars
  • 1 Post By brutalsnake

Automatic clan contribution amounts?

This is a discussion on Automatic clan contribution amounts? within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Does anyone know how the automatic clan contributions work? Most sources seem to indicate it's a percentage of the NP ...
Page: 1

Default Automatic clan contribution amounts?

Does anyone know how the automatic clan contributions work?
    Most sources seem to indicate it's a percentage of the NP earned, while others still seem to indicate it's based on the number of players in the clan.

Anyone happen to know how it works exactly? At this point, I don't really even have any data to go on, so that would also be otherwise helpful. Thanks

Edit:
    The clan member count's retarded and doesn't work out at all.
    Got it working out with solo players (using various Youtube videos) but really need more data behind party kills (# of players in party, and their levels -- # of players is easy to see, but all of their levels are fairly impossible to glean from videos). Would really appreciate it if anyone felt like getting in and testing for me, thanks

Edit 2:
    D'oh, found a case where the calc didn't work out for a solo kill.
    Last edited by twostars; 08-29-2013 at 12:54 PM.

you mean like if i get 100 nps and 20 nps are donated? (80 on me other 20 is stolen by clan).
    earn 5 nps and donate 1 (4/1)
    earn 10 and donate 2 (8/2)
    earn 15 and donate 3 (12/3)

thats description clan leaders of accredited and higher clan grades see(and i think it rlly works like that, if you are supposed to get 84 nps, youll donate 84/5 (16,8) but the 0,8*5 stays on char (idk whats the function called trunc or whatever)
    twostars likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brutalsnake View Post
    you mean like if i get 100 nps and 20 nps are donated? (80 on me other 20 is stolen by clan).
    earn 5 nps and donate 1 (4/1)
    earn 10 and donate 2 (8/2)
    earn 15 and donate 3 (12/3)

thats description clan leaders of accredited and higher clan grades see(and i think it rlly works like that, if you are supposed to get 84 nps, youll donate 84/5 (16,8) but the 0,8*5 stays on char (idk whats the function called trunc or whatever)
    Yeah, looking to figure out how it's working it out the amount it donates to the clan.
    Unfortunately, unless I'm misunderstanding your explanation, I don't think it works exactly like that. Take this one for example:
    21(+6) / 17(+6) = 3 CONT
    (NP / ladder points)

Using the above, you'd get 4 (right?) -- but officially, it gave 3 instead. Edit: Unless it's going by ladder points?! That indeed explains a lot of the inconsistency...

As for it ignoring the rest of it, that'll be integer division. It basically chops off/truncates all decimal data so it only deals with the base numbers.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Yeah, looking to figure out how it's working it out the amount it donates to the clan.
    Unfortunately, unless I'm misunderstanding your explanation, I don't think it works exactly like that. Take this one for example:
    21(+6) / 17(+6) = 3 CONT
    (NP / ladder points)

Using the above, you'd get 4 (right?) -- but officially, it gave 3 instead. Edit: Unless it's going by ladder points?! That indeed explains a lot of the inconsistency...

As for it ignoring the rest of it, that'll be integer division. It basically chops off/truncates all decimal data so it only deals with the base numbers.

Thanks!
    im pretty sure it doesnt care about ladder points(just take ardream in consideration where they dont get LPs, and the image below)
    i have checked how much NPs im getting/donating after PK(and you can see what i found in my info bar after PK(copied it to be together in more compact form), as people were quitting). and i still think my version is plausible

this +6 nps in your version was from premium? is there a possibility that bonus NPs from premium arent counted for donating?(i really have no idea)

by the way, im playing EUKO, so there is still possibility that in USKO its counted from ladder points but i really doubt that

twostars likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brutalsnake View Post
    is there a possibility that bonus NPs from premium arent counted for donating?(i really have no idea)
    Hm, I suppose this could also explain it. I'll need to go and check against all the data we've recorded for it to see if it matches up, but I'd assume it would. :-)
    I wasn't actually aware about not getting the points in Ardream; are there any other zones/cases where players don't get LP? I'd just assumed it was counted almost everywhere PVP-related, and reset monthly.

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Edit:
    So, no -- it works perfectly fine as you originally suggested. I was just forgetting to factor in the NP that was already taken out for donation when comparing! D'oh.
    Thanks a lot! It was actually much simpler than it appeared!
    Last edited by twostars; 08-30-2013 at 01:24 AM.
    B00MSH33K4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Hm, I suppose this could also explain it. I'll need to go and check against all the data we've recorded for it to see if it matches up, but I'd assume it would. :-)
    I wasn't actually aware about not getting the points in Ardream; are there any other zones/cases where players don't get LP? I'd just assumed it was counted almost everywhere PVP-related, and reset monthly.

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Edit:
    So, no -- it works perfectly fine as you originally suggested. I was just forgetting to factor in the NP that was already taken out for donation when comparing! D'oh.
    Thanks a lot! It was actually much simpler than it appeared!
    glad i could help

well in ronark land base you arent getting LPs for killing other players(you do get LPs for killing atrosses and riotes in both RLB and DCZ)
    twostars likes this.