Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Babashopper?

This is a discussion on Babashopper? within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; baba is who buys items from other players.. herp derp its as simple as that...
Page: 2

baba is who buys items from other players.. herp derp its as simple as that

lol people calls anyone who can beat them in pk a baba, even though the person has skills and that guys just noob who baba but cant play. Lol so everyones a baba. Well its pretty much who use money to buy stuff, i wouldnt consider people baba if they buy from the PUS store or prem and stuff, only who buy items from others.

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckyb0by View Post
    Different people have different points of view.

Purist - someone who has never bought premium, KC, or items with USD. These people are about as rare as a 4 leaf clover.

K2/G1 supporter - KC and premium only (purists still call these people baba's)

If you buy things with USD (gold, items, accounts, etc..) outside of K2/G1, then you are a baba (K2/G1 suporter views this as baba'ing even though they are technically spending the same USD amounts while this group is cutting out the middleman, ie. K2/G1)

Personally, I take the view of a purist and claim most everyone is a baba. It helps me sleep at night since most people have, at some point, spent real money on this game. There's no difference in someone who has bought GB's from a reseller and someone who buys items on this forum. 1$ purchase = baba.

When you start getting into +9/+10 high class weaps and armor, unless you have been playing a long time to rack up enough boss drops or make insane amounts of money from the market, that's when I say "crazy baba".

This is all just MHO though and opinions are just like a-holes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.
    Very nicely done. I have tried to think of a way to put into words exactly what you have written but I have always given up and moved on to shop in the market section J.

Everyone who plays KOL would fit into one of the four catagories you listed:
    Purist, K2/G1 shopper, Baba or Crazy Baba.
    You have even done a fairly nice job of defining Crazy Baba. While some +8 items can be fairly pricey, it is generally the +9 and up items that require the big $$$.

One major difference in the catagories is that while the first two are perfectly legal, even $1.00 in either of the other two catagories could “technically” get your acount banned. Since K2/G1 purchases are perfectly legal, I have a hard time considering this category as true babashopping. Although the “Holier Than Thou” attitude sometimes displayed by folks in this category can be annoying. If you buy $1000.00 worth of pathos gloves and merchant them to gear up is it really that different than buying the exact same gear with USD from a web site?

I also agree with you about Purists being rare. While I admire anyone who refuses to spend money on KOL based on principles, I think the truth is most players who fall into the Purist category just don’t have access to any $$$.

Anyway, nice job of classifying the various levels of babashopping.

P.S. Since Gold Farmers never spend money on the game would they be classified as Purists? Something about that doesn’t seem right …

~

Quote Originally Posted by trytankme View Post
    not have to work for it? whats your definition of work? last i checked you had to work a lot harder in real life to earn enough money for good items, rather then playing a computer game 24/7.
    Amen, the people who dont see it this way are honestly just ignorant, most people who baba are the people who have real jobs and dont have the time to play like most others are in smaller guilds and dont suck the guild leaders dick to get items, dont blame them because they work for there money and they choose to spend it on something they enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    Amen, the people who dont see it this way are honestly just ignorant, most people who baba are the people who have real jobs and dont have the time to play like most others are in smaller guilds and dont suck the guild leaders dick to get items, dont blame them because they work for there money and they choose to spend it on something they enjoy
    +1
    I think what you wrote there is similar to my case. I've been flamed alot for having no life and spending too much money on this game. But really... I like this game, and I wish I had more time playing it. And it's not like the money I spend on this game will go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by trytankme View Post
    not have to work for it? whats your definition of work? last i checked you had to work a lot harder in real life to earn enough money for good items, rather then playing a computer game 24/7.

There are plenty of ppl that just have big pockets and a wealthy family so no they do not work for it. And yeah some ppl work in real life for money and then spend it on babaing sure they worked for it during their working hours, but they still did not work for it in the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SaNCTe View Post
    Would you concider me a baba-shopper?

I've bought several items, I've geared my whole character with USD....but....

I have never spent one USD on this game minus KC. In fact, I made money. I started early enough to gain a pretty good amount of value with buying and trading(in game). I quit, sold off everything I ever made(usd). When I started back up, I spent less then I did before and I even ended up with better gear (market changed from time off).

So, before I quit, I never bought and item, and i never bought one untill after i sold off my gear that I earned, but then came back and fully geared a character via USD....am I a baba-shopper?

____bottom line: at this point in USKO, who really gives a fuck? Have what little fun you can!!!
    If you're not a babashopper -> that means I'm not one either lol

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post

Program users use the same excuse for cheating. If you do not have time to compete with no lifers, then too bad.

Any scrub that gets raped in a vs or whatever, will call you a babashopper. Whether u got sick items or not...

I was a baba in the pass, but sold all my stuff when I left. Just started playing again few days ago. This time I plan to only spend 50usd per month MAX. And thats for my premium and scrolls/speed pots if I need them. My goal is to get back to where I was in the past using only in-game resources. Wish me luck lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaul08 View Post
    I was a baba in the pass, but sold all my stuff when I left. Just started playing again few days ago. This time I plan to only spend 50usd per month MAX. And thats for my premium and scrolls/speed pots if I need them. My goal is to get back to where I was in the past using only in-game resources. Wish me luck lol.

Good Luck !!

Dewon

in my opinion anyone could be a babashopper. some people define it as if you pay even $1 for an item no matter if you recharge KC via pus or buy from gold farmers then you're a baba, but i think even those who do not pay real money for game are baba, you know why? because they spend time instead of money, time is money, therefore they spent money too! yes they do not pay real cash for premiums, pus items but they purchase those items with game cash from people who paid real money for those items.(applies for any kind of items)

in KO view:
    legal babashopping: pay real money to KO
    illegal babashopping: pay real money to gold farmers and players in game.

note: according to my experience if you're a legal babashopper then you're a looser but if you're an illegal babashopper, then you're a winner.
    Last edited by Dewon; 05-11-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12