Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Battle Priest guide version 2

This is a discussion on Battle Priest guide version 2 within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Cuz of those replies and a few things I missed at ranking forum, I would like to correct and add ...
Page: 1

Default Battle Priest guide version 2

Cuz of those replies and a few things I missed at ranking forum, I would like to correct and add some other things on this version :P

Firstly, u have to know BP have very low HP and def compare to int priest, many ppl get a big surprise when they restat to a BP from int priest, and even at lvl 60+ u still only have around 600~700HP without any jewelries, so thats very normal.

Weapons:

For xping u just need a large breaker +6/MP, since priests have spear penalty, that will be the only mp weapon a priest can use. (A MP hammer can be used too )

For pking I would say u need at least a Mirage sword +6 or +7 for older server, a sword like Durandal +7 is also oki, but wouldn’t kick too much ass..

If u are rich enough get a hell breaker +6/+7 or Iron impact +7. Hell breaker +6 would do better than a MS+7 in pvp imo, cuz of the elemental dmg and Int bonus (helps a lot to spam many judgments)

Jewelries:

BPs are like a paper mage with lousy HP and def, so therefore if u wanna be a good BP, u must get some nice uniques to survive and kill.

A BP must have these at least to do some decent pking:
    At least 1 Diamond ring
    Lupus pendant or WP
    Kekuri belt
    Earring can just be +9 STR

The best and the ultimate jewelries u can get for a BP would like:
    Iron necklace or WP
    Iron belt or Glass belt
    Dual ROC
    Dual WE or PE

Armors:

If u dont have unique jewelries then I would suggest u to use some HP armor part to cover up the HP "lost". Before lvl 65 u should use goblins fabric and pad, and some +8/HP cap, shoes, gloves. After lvl 65 u should have enough stats points to get full str and enough int to wear +8 fabric, so try that out too (I personally using goblin fabric and pad all the time). With a full set of +8 u can get more def but none elemental resistance, so its kinda situation that decide what armor to use.
    For pking I would say use goblin fabric and pad cause of the massive paper mages around, and for big bosses use +8 HP set. If u have really nice uniques, then u can afford to use STR bonus instead. Just make sure u have at least 1200~1500HP unbuffed.

For pking a dagger def cap +6 is a MUST! Without that u are as good as a free 50NP for any decent rogue around. And also try wear a spear def +5 boots if u have that. With that 2 weapon def armor u can tank the 2 worst classes for a BP =) With absoluteness u can pking without these def armor, since their dmg reduction are almost equal, but try get them both =)

Make sure u also have a lot of magic hammers in ur inventory cuz paper armors get easily broken by acid pots. (Especially fabric and pad, they will break first)

Skills:

As a BP u have very low mana, so being a full healer as BP is really bad idea. Mostly BPs are being used for lvling purpose, so for that stay buff/heal.

For pking judgment, 1920HP heal and malice is very important, so when u reach 62 make sure u have judgment, 1920HP heal and malice even though u may sacrifice massive or 300 AC.

If u dont planning to lvling further, then u should reskill to debuff/heal, at lvl 62 u can have judgment, 1920HP heal and torment. When u reach 63 u can have these 3 AND massive too. If thats not enough, go for 65 and get absoluteness, but then stay buff/heal till that.

Shields:

Always carry a DD shield around, if u see 2 or more rogue’s invisible lightfeet then its a good idea to switch the DD shield on to learn their attack power and see if u can take them down.
    If u are lucky enough and have a CS, take it on before u duff more than 2 warriors.

Strategy in 1vs1 (playing a BP is about duff, so these are very important to know):

VS Rogues:

This class is the most dangerous class against BP, u need to have all 3 debuff skills ready (malice, para, torment) having massive too is even better.
    When sin spike u from stealth, start pots right away, press Z to target him, and then cast malice. DONT just run away and especially dont run a straight line, cuz if u dont attack him, he will combo u perfectly, and u will die by the time, if u absolute need to run, then run in Z form or triangle. If u decides to take him down, try run in circle and get ready to duff. If his combo keep canceling ur duff try move a bit, and then duff again. After he is duffed he will prolly trying to cure (watch closely to his animation), if he try to cure it, start cast para right away, so after he cured malice he is paraed, if he still trying to cure then start to cast torment, and in meantime ur malice should be ready again. Doing this till he stop curing, if he doesnt cure one of these duffs, start pots and use judgment, he wont beat u if u hit fast enough, and he will die very fast cuz of duffs.

If the rogue hits really hard, also try use massive instead of torment/para.

VS Warriors:

This class can be a big threat to BP too, dont tank warriors if u are a bad comboer, and slide them if possible, this way he will hit u less and u will hit him less too of cause, but at least it gives u chance to poting better.
    If his scream or leg cut successed, start curing RIGHT AWAY.
    Since sword dance use 100 more mana than judgment, they will die by the time cuz of souls poting.

Mostly malice is enough to warriors, but if the warrior have good gear, then u also need to use para. And if he have a glowy raptor, then use massive too.

Warriors arent very hard when they are duffed correctly

VS Mages:

This class is one of the easiest one in 1vs1, when u see a paper mage, use malice or torment and start to hit and spam pots (dont waste time using para, cuz they will just /town, with torment/malice u should be able to hit 1~1,5k dmg). If ur HP is going too low, then use a 1920HP heal, chances of getting cancelled is not very high, since most mages are fire nowadays.

VS BPs:

This class can be easy or hard. Its all depending on both's debuffing/combo skills. Cast skills exactly the same way as u do to rogues, and cure his duff right away. The whole process with 1vs1 BP is about timing, the one who stops duffing and dont curing would be the loser, no matter how good his gear are. If he starting to duff u in the middle of the battle, decide to cure or not by looking at his HP, If his HP is below 40~50% already, then just smash till he is dead.

VS party:

Against a whole party u must know what ur limits is, at the first couple party rush, u will mostly die cuz of all fire pillars, spikes and SD.. U must know how many pillars and spikes/SD u can tank. If u know u cant tank this party, dont bother rush to it cuz u have crappy def and HP compare to a warrior who can just rush to anything. If u are rushing to a mage party and getting too many novas and starting redballing, start a 1920 HP heal right away or even better before u redballing if u know how much dmg u are going to receive, and spam HP pots too of cause.
    Mostly a torment at a mage army will make them to free NP, but always watch ur HP and who u are against to.

Playing BP need a lot of practice and skills to master this class, so u will lose a lot of NP at the beginning while learning, dont let that take u down =)

Some comment to some ppl at ranking forum:

- Dont come and tell me 1vs1 warrior is harder than rogue. A full duffed warrior cant do a dipshit, however rogues can cure themselves, and cancel a lot of ur actions, which makes the difference.

- Everything I wrote here are some basic knowledge, u dont have to follow exactly like that, BP can be played in many ways/styles, so its all about trying out and learning, create ur own style.

But otherwise, feel free to correct or add something more I might missed again :P

Good luck B)

im gonna make one of these things with my pk style.. just gotta get home from school :mellow:

Cava

Default Re: Battle Priest guide version 2

quoteont come and tell me 1vs1 warrior is harder than rogue. A full duffed warrior cant do a dipshit, however rogues can cure themselves, and cancel a lot of ur actions, which makes the difference.

tbh i think it depends on the opponent's gear/lvl/skills. if its someone like hype/batman/wherethesun you'll die really fast. i actualy find these warriors scarier than high-lvl godly-equipped rogues.

quote: Everything I wrote here are some basic knowledge, u dont have to follow exactly like that, BP can be played in many ways/styles, so its all about trying out and learning, create ur own style.

yes, bp can be of many different styles. for example for ppl like me with shit uniques i decided to go plate bp n i pwned B) but it all comes down to weaponn defence armor, they help a shit load for bps.

Originally posted by Cava
    tbh i think it depends on the opponent's gear/lvl/skills. if its someone like hype/batman/wherethesun you'll die really fast. i actualy find these warriors scarier than high-lvl godly-equipped rogues.
    They are nothing when they are massived and maliced, duffs is the best thing to fuk up a warrior

Cava

Originally posted by C4pt4iN+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(C4pt4iN)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cava
    They are nothing when they are massived and maliced, duffs is the best thing to fuk up a warrior[/b]
    sry i forgot i'm buffer atm :P only got malice T________T (thats how i beat all the wariors i face lol)

taugrim

Thanks for bringing this over from KOR. A lot of good content will get lost if/when KOR goes away.

Originally posted by C4pt4iN
    VS Rogues:

After he is duffed he will prolly trying to cure (watch closely to his animation), if he try to cure it, start cast para right away, so after he cured malice he is paraed, if he still trying to cure then start to cast torment, and in meantime ur malice should be ready again. Doing this till he stop curing, if he doesnt cure one of these duffs, start pots and use judgment, he wont beat u if u hit fast enough, and he will die very fast cuz of duffs.
    The smarter bp's I've seen use this tactic, esp when they're in a party, and it's really freaking annoying .

DeviNe

Nice guide, can't think of much more to add other then.. bp > all!!!

SirKnight

Originally posted by DeviNe
    Nice guide, can't think of much more to add other then.. bp > all!!!
    don't think so :P

Jimbo

unfortunately someone like hype has like 15xx ap when massived

Also carry a 1 handed weapon, i got a blade +8 (200 mil on market) and it gives me summin like 13xx ap which is still good damage when duffing. By equipping with CS u can tank warriors easily whilst duffing and they wont expect to be attacked :lol:

Also I carry acid pots now, as soon as some gay rogue starts doing it to me I do it back, and they are always first to town because acid pots = no skill and when they get scared they town :P

Cava

Originally posted by Jimbo
    unfortunately someone like hype has like 15xx ap when massived * *

Also carry a 1 handed weapon, i got a blade +8 (200 mil on market) and it gives me summin like 13xx ap which is still good damage when duffing. By equipping with CS u can tank warriors easily whilst duffing and they wont expect to be attacked *:lol: *

Also I carry acid pots now, as soon as some gay rogue starts doing it to me I do it back, and they are always first to town because acid pots = no skill and when they get scared they town *
    every single rogue acid pots me now <_< esp. blowone... thank god varanasi sold his character, another acid potting fag. for some reason they think i'm using talia when i'm actualy a fuckin plate priest -.- .

ps. sometimes its better to sliderogues i notice.... i tried comboing rogues but once they redball they start to minor heal n lf away, really easy for them to get away. n then i tried sliding, sometimes they get blocked heh :lol: n then they die cause they panic :rollseyes:

Originally posted by Jimbo+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jimbo)</div>
    unfortunately someone like hype has like 15xx ap when massived * [/b]
    Yeah, and when he get malice and para, he will be as weak as a buffed BP or less, wont need much skills to take him down then

<!--QuoteBegin-Cava

every single rogue acid pots me now *<_< *esp. blowone... thank god varanasi sold his character, another acid potting fag. for some reason they think i'm using talia when i'm actualy a fuckin plate priest -.- .
    The biggest acid shooter I know is RunB1tchRun, he use it everytime against me.. :unsure: That fag who shoot acid pot at me in my pking video is him :lol: and the plate BP with a destroyer +8 is cava xD

Cava

Originally posted by C4pt4iN+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(C4pt4iN)</div>
    Originally posted by Jimbo@
    unfortunately someone like hype has like 15xx ap when massived *
    Yeah, and when he get malice and para, he will be as weak as a buffed BP or less, wont need much skills to take him down then

<!--QuoteBegin-Cava
    every single rogue acid pots me now *<_< *esp. blowone... thank god varanasi sold his character, another acid potting fag. for some reason they think i'm using talia when i'm actualy a fuckin plate priest -.- .
    The biggest acid shooter I know is RunB1tchRun, he use it everytime against me.. :unsure: That fag who shoot acid pot at me in my pking video is him :lol: and the plate BP with a destroyer +8 is cava xD[/b]
    omg i got pwnd by the duff don't recall that scene plz h43r: (btw i think it was vacy who was playing my char, i usually lag in this kind of mass 12 rush.. so .. :/ )

Yeah that was me.. I had my eyes on a paper mage and was soloing.. had it to about 5% hp then it got tped :rollseyes: I figured I'd lerooy it as long as I had that mage.. damn.. got owned :lol:

Baneare

VS CS chitin Priest?

Originally posted by Baneare
    VS CS chitin Priest?
    against CS chitin priest has always been unsettled for me, at least those 1vs1 I had with _____________. None of us could kill each other. :unsure:

Actually.. Any decent priest with a CS cant die against 1 player

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast