Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Place for mage to solo farm

This is a discussion on Best Place for mage to solo farm within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I need to farm gold and items to sell and upgrade. As a level 80 Fire/Ice mage whats a good ...
Page: 1

Default Best Place for mage to solo farm

I need to farm gold and items to sell and upgrade. As a level 80 Fire/Ice mage whats a good farm? I am AOE HOBGOBLINS atm

solo boss at slant like talos sq , it gonna take time to kill but you can,
    keep ice on so you dont die .

Any other suggestions?

fishing was quite easy for random chests/gems/scrolls it used to drop. not sure if its still as good post-merge, but try it out (golden rod only).

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

reskill full ice and go aoe the whole eslant..go get someone that loots for u...a friend or a pet...

I didn't reskill but I did slow Harpy and then AOE them. Was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Axieled View Post
    I didn't reskill but I did slow Harpy and then AOE them. Was good.
    i tell you...aoeing harpys in emc/luff using a flame/ice mage is a pretty good starting point [imo]and deffo fast. Tnx to inferno or 33flame aoe as well as ignition, u lure faster and even if paper_statted&buffless u can still do it..ofc u need to know what you're doing and watch your hp. For istance i'm tallking about solo-luring 3 slots and taking down them all all by yourself. Taking down something is actually an easy task for an 80 mage.The point is doing it fastly and safely.
    By flame spell u surely do that task fastly.....without ts..it would be slower...with ts on u cant use sw scroll so u need to be swifted..otherwise the farming would be slower again.So..that sw-factor seems to be quite a must if u wanna do things "really" fastly....
    Moreover...the main doubt comes about "being safe".
    As far as u tank low/middle lvl mobs...you should not have much probs..especially tnx to krowaz as well as buff npc [if u solo and if u ever use them] But even so..when u start dealing with 15+ things..the fail is right behind the corner: call it lag, call it crash, call it wrong mouse-click, call it wrong pot-click, call it ts-ended...call it whatever u like...and all of that...well..neither one of those aspects...is the real main problem for such a mage skilled like yours: actually u got just 1 real slow aoe skill: that's blizzard. If u fail it..if u dont time it well...the mobs start to run again...and even if u deal with harpies..u can get owned.
    Then, 33ice skill actually (just like solid) do not slow equally well like ice novas or blizzard.
    So that means if u start to think of farming something a lil bit harder...( actually i mean that hit harder ) u need to be conscious u might get hitted quite a lot. Even simple golems might own ya in a sec if u miss that blizzard.
    That means u seem to be a lil bit limited to just some kind of farming. Or... 1vs1 (where u must cast chill as soon as it refreshes..or again u can be owned in a sec if u cast it a lil bit later... -talking about some big foe ..not by an harpy or a golem- )

Or " easy " aoe. I agree harpy aoe sounds cool cuz u drop MD, Ib, time to time plates+3 and why not...even a monster stone...but actually...compared to what an ice mage can drop by farming things...like...( i would define still easy aoe ) EWs, DMs..imo...ice wins here.
    Even if (let's suppose) u drop more IBs at harpy...just dropping 1 raptor farming EW...basicly equalize it.Harpy do not drop bus...at least not often..do not drop shards...or any other high lvl item...as well as exceptional items..
    Not only...there are around eslant...the new quest-mobs...that drop dozen of middle items...great for making extra cash...u surely take them down fastly being flame...but again...lots of those mobs..are near " not easy to deal with " mobs...like dooms...TC...and again...being flame u need to watch where u cast...when u cast...as an ice mage..u really do not care about that.
    I'm not saying u can't do it as u are skilled now.I'm saying it would be easier and safer being ice.
    Keep in mind i'm talking about soloing.Imo u should try ice.At least 1 time in your life..

That reskill also asks for regear? Because I have FR +1 and + 2 and a Fire staff

Banned Senior Member

I love me some Ice Mages... in PvP they are so sexy in a party making it where people can't run

So What rings will I need if I go Ice? Sell my FR + 1 450-500 M Whats FR + 2 work?

O_o Senior Member

Shio tears is for ice. But if you wanna farm solo an you are lvl 80 Mage stay flame and reskill to 80 flame 60 ice 2 master. That way you get 2 ice aoe (blizzard and nova) and can kill anything you want.

Quote Originally Posted by typ0 View Post
    fishing was quite easy for random chests/gems/scrolls it used to drop. not sure if its still as good post-merge, but try it out (golden rod only).
    He? Fishing never dropped chests/gem/scrolls... Thats the mining ! If u fishin u can get worm and flashes

Farming dark wizards, aionclo and doom knights in eslant isn't bad money from selling the +3's they drop. Its consistent but probably not best.

Quote Originally Posted by Axieled View Post
    That reskill also asks for regear? Because I have FR +1 and + 2 and a Fire staff
    Well, i would say:
    1) go check the market and check around if u can find easely shios+2 or if there are people selling shios so that u can make easely +1 +2 or even +3 by yourself.
    - if the market lacks of shios, the best option would be farming with a pure ice mage, possibly friend of your and then u split the drops.
    * - if u can find easely shio rings and u got money just buy both those rings ( that shouldn't be too much expensive - usually/more or less: 1fr = 3x shio) and go get a random elixir staff.
    ** - if u can't afford shios without selling your flame-based items...what to do it's up to ya but again the cheapest and fastest solution would be partying with a pure ice mage.
    Moreover, take in consideration if u plan to pk often or no. If yes, pking as an ice mage is a totally different style and u might get bored especially if u are too used to pk as flame mage.

2) reskilling 80 flame, 60 ice and 2 points on master could be interesting.
    The downsides are :
    *The frost nova wont hit that much cuz u wont wear shios but surely it will slow down mobs and that's what u need and what you are looking for.
    *U can't use lvl 15 master skill that let u cast a spell twice in a row. So, 4xample, u wont be able to do the bomb-damage of incineration twice in a row. So, taking down things would be slower than your max potential, but after all, soon or later u have to stop the burning session for casting ice.
    *U wont have passive dmg reduction. Pro and cons...as everything dude.
    *U can't use mana shield skill for absorbing dmg by mana...(and mages usually have lots of mana that means lots of dmg absorbed at cost practically 0 considering u gain back whole mana with mp rec staff) Great skill for tanking and while u're dealing with lots of hard-hitters. It Can save your life deffo but again after all, people made managed to do 75lvls+ before opening that skill.
    *Pking with such a template would be like pking with a 60 char in terms of defence.Pray to have at least 2 priests on your back and even so...hope someone wont hit ya...especially archers.If they find out that setup i guess u wont be able to do one step outside of your base.
    Even in juraid fights u can make the difference...i mean..easely u can be the man that goes down and let your pt lose..that means u barely fight there and u are almost limited to play the tp/gate/esc rule from upstairs. Not that u wont play like that even now but ehi...4istance, being full ice, cube owns in that situation [u can actually disable temporaly 2x priests in a row..]as well as the "common" flame template owns. And winning juraid ensure u some nice cash. And... gaining back the exp u lose...as a mage is a joke.

The pros are quite clear, u mantain all your current gear for the cost of reskill and almost 0 pk [imo].

So, think carefully of what u want to do and what u like to do before chosing one path.

@Durishmork ..i agree but a) it's istant cash if u sell all to the npc b) u can still sell quest items for quite a lot C) those mobs are just in the way. U just lure them while u're already dealing with some other lured gg-mobs or during the way to them.
    Last edited by inarco; 11-12-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inarco View Post
    Well, i would say:
    1) go check the market and check around if u can find easely shios+2 or if there are people selling shios so that u can make easely +1 +2 or even +3 by yourself.
    - if the market lacks of shios, the best option would be farming with a pure ice mage, possibly friend of your and then u split the drops.
    * - if u can find easely shio rings and u got money just buy both those rings ( that shouldn't be too much expensive - usually/more or less: 1fr = 3x shio) and go get a random elixir staff.
    ** - if u can't afford shios without selling your flame-based items...what to do it's up to ya but again the cheapest and fastest solution would be partying with a pure ice mage.
    Moreover, take in consideration if u plan to pk often or no. If yes, pking as an ice mage is a totally different style and u might get bored especially if u are too used to pk as flame mage.

2) reskilling 80 flame, 60 ice and 2 points on master could be interesting.
    The downsides are :
    *The frost nova wont hit that much cuz u wont wear shios but surely it will slow down mobs and that's what u need and what you are looking for.
    *U can't use lvl 15 master skill that let u cast a spell twice in a row. So, 4xample, u wont be able to do the bomb-damage of incineration twice in a row. So, taking down things would be slower than your max potential, but after all, soon or later u have to stop the burning session for casting ice.
    *U wont have passive dmg reduction. Pro and cons...as everything dude.
    *U can't use mana shield skill for absorbing dmg by mana...(and mages usually have lots of mana that means lots of dmg absorbed at cost practically 0 considering u gain back whole mana with mp rec staff) Great skill for tanking and while u're dealing with lots of hard-hitters. It Can save your life deffo but again after all, people made managed to do 75lvls+ before opening that skill.
    *Pking with such a template would be like pking with a 60 char in terms of defence.Pray to have at least 2 priests on your back and even so...hope someone wont hit ya...especially archers.If they find out that setup i guess u wont be able to do one step outside of your base.
    Even in juraid fights u can make the difference...i mean..easely u can be the man that goes down and let your pt lose..that means u barely fight there and u are almost limited to play the tp/gate/esc rule from upstairs. Not that u wont play like that even now but ehi...4istance, being full ice, cube owns in that situation [u can actually disable temporaly 2x priests in a row..]as well as the "common" flame template owns. And winning juraid ensure u some nice cash. And... gaining back the exp u lose...as a mage is a joke.

The pros are quite clear, u mantain all your current gear for the cost of reskill and almost 0 pk [imo].

So, think carefully of what u want to do and what u like to do before chosing one path.

@Durishmork ..i agree but a) it's istant cash if u sell all to the npc b) u can still sell quest items for quite a lot C) those mobs are just in the way. U just lure them while u're already dealing with some other lured gg-mobs or during the way to them.
    After speaking with clannies and shit, I have decided to stay a Fire mage. Since they are useful in PK and we are going to farm and exp till we all geared then pk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast