How does the Golden Mattock compare to the normal Mattock?

This is a discussion on How does the Golden Mattock compare to the normal Mattock? within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I was told it's one of the better ways to make money if you're patient and don't give up on ...
Page: 1

oXoFlashoXo

Default How does the Golden Mattock compare to the normal Mattock?

I was told it's one of the better ways to make money if you're patient and don't give up on it. I was thinking about getting one, either through my coin or through KC.

I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with it, how it performs in comparison to the normal Mattock. Like, how often do you get gold ores, are the rewards better, do you get less trash potions, etc?

Thank you.

elzeus

It's way better than the normal mattock. You still get shitty potions just npc them. I did level 79-80 casually in about 17 days by afk mining and then doing monster stones.
    Last edited by elzeus; 10-04-2011 at 08:17 AM.

oXoFlashoXo

Way better as in the rewards are way better, the ore rate is way better, or both? I'm only interested if I can make more money off of one in the 30 days I can use it then what I pay for it.

3x speed of ore drops about.

As for are they worth it, it depends. You will lvl much faster by doing monster stones so thats worth something.

You get fragments/chests fairly often and monster stones you have chance at old ROL and any other old stuff.

I haven't done one in a long time but when I did I made good gbs doing one.

oXoFlashoXo

Well, first morning and I've gotten 2 fragments, Gluttony, and Avarice.

already answered ur question then

guess im just unlucky lol
    mined for 30 days about 2-3 hours a day and didnt get a single monster stone, or fragment :C

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

golden mattock increases the drop rate..true.
    BUt u see it in the long run. i mean...u need to mine for looong. otherwise it's wasted money

oXoFlashoXo

Got my third fragment, Jealousy. And a BUS scroll.

oXoFlashoXo

Now I feel unlucky. 24 hours of mining straight and all I got was an Avarice fragment. Six hours later, not a damn thing.

Seems it's either hit or miss when mining.

imho its not worth it. Golden mattock costs way too much, get it only if ur going to be a hardcore miner.

gammeth

Quote Originally Posted by MrStoch View Post
    imho its not worth it. Golden mattock costs way too much, get it only if ur going to be a hardcore miner.
    Shhhh! I like my near 2gbs every DC prem. Don't tell everyone mining sux.. Seriously though Idk if mattok is worth it because mining is so tragically boring that after 2 or 3 inventories I wanted to jump out the window...

thisischikorita

ye u get frags and stuff but u it only makes the ore drop faster it doesnt affect on what u get from them. thats why doing it for money i think is not the best thing to do tho its good for lvling

Quote Originally Posted by thisischikorita View Post
    ye u get frags and stuff but u it only makes the ore drop faster it doesnt affect on what u get from them. thats why doing it for money i think is not the best thing to do tho its good for lvling
    I totally agree,
    for sure if u get it free its a way to earn some cash, but its much better to farm mastodonts actually but if u want to buy that mattock from merchant i dont recommend it. U can still mine using normal mattock, drop rate is 3 times lower but u can obtain exactly the same items.