Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By razor

How would you build your archer?

This is a discussion on How would you build your archer? within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well I am currently looking to build an Archer 70+ on Ares. I currently have around 270gbs to spend +/- ...
Page: 1

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Default How would you build your archer?

Well I am currently looking to build an Archer 70+ on Ares. I currently have around 270gbs to spend +/- possibly a bit more.

O_o Senior Member

Donnu about the prices, but I prefer a tank archer then ap.

I'd go for Krowaz set or Krowaz and pauldron pads shell / chitin +10.

Windforce +8/9

Legos for resis. Iron set with AOD and bod. And silver earrings or howling roosters (cocaktrice if I'm not mistaken)

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

I do see your point in a tank archer as I have played one in the past. However as for a windforce +8 or +9 don't quite follow. Consdiering a +9 iron bow has the same ap as a windforce +8 and an Iron Bow +10 has more ap then a windforce +9.

O_o Senior Member

I didn't really put much of thinking on the weapons, but I guess you're right.

lego's
    hr's
    ib 10
    chitin / shell +9/10
    iron set

There's 3 main archer builds: Tank, balanced, and AP. Tank archer is the standard, viable build.
    Tank archer would go like this:
    Krowas set
    Iron set -> interchangeable with ap necks and belts, but ideally you want to tank...
    Rols/Legionaires -> balanced resistances or high def, depends on you
    Earrings could go either way... Dual HR is pretty balanced, but EME + and SE + combinations still good enough for tank.

best tank bow hands down is the Eagle Eye, not the Windforce. EE combined with krowas, lol undy. WF would be better for a balanced build: Balance builds usually work on swapping items from the tank build, so it all depends on what your notion of balance is.

As for myself, I hate tank and balance builds. Tank archer has the benefit of being able to get down and dirty to arrow shower priests, but I dont really care for party PK these days, so I just kite, snipe and KS, and all I need is AP... its extremely, extremely hard to pk full AP but I love it, makes it much more rewarding.

Lastly, balanced archer kinda went extinct after the arrow shower cooldown nerf... not enough ap to kill, not enough stats to tank, so you're kinda stuck doing support in 8vs8, which isnt as appreciated as say, killing.
    Last edited by Goathorns; 01-19-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar

ee+10
    krowaz+8/+9
    Lego's+2/+3
    HR+3
    EME+3
    PP+3
    IB+0/+1

Little archer Senior Member

prioritizing offense over defense.

enough offense to be a threat from afar (700-1000 damage dark pursuers in my screen) and enough defense to not die to CP-happy rogues in 3 hits.
    TheNewCu1verized likes this.