Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The Complete Guide: Priests

This is a discussion on The Complete Guide: Priests within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Love guide, thank you thank you thank you, haven't played priest in a while, going INT on new server....
Page: 3

Banned

Love guide, thank you thank you thank you, haven't played priest in a while, going INT on new server.

Havoc

you did well in creating the guide ^^ looks like a LOT of work and time. I personally like paper bp (max str and rest into hp) which i am now and i'm lovin' it.

Druide_Fr

Good guide. I would add the following information on stats required for armor.

A support priest primary function is to keep his party alive. In order to be successful at this, he must be able to stay alive. This means a combination of HP, defense, and weapon ice and light resistance. It's been my experience that two builds have been proven to be very good for this.

In the first case, you put 146 points in INT and 100 to 102 in STR (depending on your shield), the balance in HP. You will use a Goblin FP pauldron, plate +8 or +9 helmet and pad, full plate +8 or +9 gloves and either plate +9 or full plate +8 boots. Get the best shield you can, but remember that in pk the dread shield at +5 or lower is not sufficient. This should be the typical build for a priest between levels 60 and 70. It combines satisfactory defense with very good HP. The ice and light resist are however a bit weak (you get a base resist of 1 point for every 2 points you put in INT above 100, so you only get a base resist of 23.) This build allows you to wear a full plate DD helmet if it's available on your server. You get a defense boost because of the extra points you put in HP (one extra defense point per stat point in HP above 100).

Above level 70, you can consider sacrificing a bit of HP to increase your defense and your resist. You then put 160 stat points in INT, 100 to 102 in STR depending on your shield and pads, and the balance in HP. You can then use a Goblin Chitin pauldron (rare but worth every penny), full plate +8 or +9 helmet and pads, either full plate +9 or chitin +8 or +9 gloves and either full plate +9 or chitin +8 gloves. The defense becomes very good, especially if combined with a personal shield +4 or better or a dread shield +6 or better, weapon resistance is good because of the shields, and you get better ice and light resistances (30 base resist). The HP is lower by about 210 hit points or so (14 points in HP times about 15 hit points per HP point), but this is more than compensated by the 1500 hit points or so gained between levels 60 and 70.

With the latter build a mid-70 level priest can have, unbuffed and with some +1 jewelry, about 1200 defense, 7500-8000 hit points, 20 to 40 points in weapon resist for every weapon and 110 to 170 fire / ice / light resistance. That kind of priest becomes very hard to kill in pk.

A last word on +9 armor. It is worth it for a support priest to upgrade to +9 armor. Buy (or build) +8 armor and try to upgrade it to +9 if you have spare cash (difficult these days, but not impossible). With a Trina you have about a 20% success rate so don't get discouraged if you burn a lot. Once you succeed, however, the extra defense and HP rock.

EpsaNomaly

First, I'll thank you for taking the time to write that addition.

Sadly, I'll have to say that I don't want to add it to the guide for a few reasons. One is that I did not want the guide to completely favor any builds, or simply make a build for someone (with points, etc.) so that they have no room for improvisation or changes according to their needs, because some people will only feel OK using what was on the guide. Also, I don't agree with a good amount of the info you put into your post, or at least it has no actual evidence to support it (like the upgrading to +9 is 20% with a Trina's Piece, prove it to me somehow please?). Things like that can't be put into a guide, because they have nothing to back it up, and therefore can't be put here.

Another big problem I see is that I think that you're just summing up a build that you've tried, with the gear that you have used. What if someone can not afford the items that you used, or can get much better? How will that help them at all, as your guide only fits someone who has the same items as you do, or at least very similarly to them.

Sorry for rejecting, but I don't feel that it is a good addition.

Druide_Fr

First, I'll thank you for taking the time to write that addition.

Sadly, I'll have to say that I don't want to add it to the guide for a few reasons. One is that I did not want the guide to completely favor any builds, or simply make a build for someone (with points, etc.) so that they have no room for improvisation or changes according to their needs, because some people will only feel OK using what was on the guide. Also, I don't agree with a good amount of the info you put into your post, or at least it has no actual evidence to support it (like the upgrading to +9 is 20% with a Trina's Piece, prove it to me somehow please?). Things like that can't be put into a guide, because they have nothing to back it up, and therefore can't be put here.

Another big problem I see is that I think that you're just summing up a build that you've tried, with the gear that you have used. What if someone can not afford the items that you used, or can get much better? How will that help them at all, as your guide only fits someone who has the same items as you do, or at least very similarly to them.

Sorry for rejecting, but I don't feel that it is a good addition.[/b]
    Information on upgrading from +8 to +9 is sparse because it's difficult to get enough money to try it 30 or 40 times. I tried it 15 times and succeeded 3 times. That's not a big enough sample I agree, but I don't have better data.

I felt that some guidance is required to help people allocate their stats at various levels. While you may not agree with my recommendations, I have seen too many priest try what I feel are inappropriate choices for their levels. At level 60 a support priest should not be in shell, he would lose too many hit points. As you increase in level you can start sacrifying HP to get more AC, and that's my key message.

Be nice if you could explain how to use the skills/and in which situations and talk about turn takeing healing and ect.

KillKnight

really nice guide ^^

oOapplesOo

sim come back to ko and come my vent

KillKnight

Angry

Any test Shell Batle Priest whit HB+8 and Shell set+8?

Low hp but great mana , great AC and decent atack ^^

I like rusty spoons Senior Member Holocaust's Avatar

very nice guide, handy thanks!

j3ster555

hmm which is better? +8 HB or +8 Exc II or +8 Exc MS? oO

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Didn't notice a mention of this in the guide anywhere, and I've seen lots of low level BPs with Bills...

Priests receive HALF their attack power if they are using a weapon type other than CLUB (1 or 2 handed).

Once a priest completes their master quest, they do full damage also with SWORDS (1 or 2 handed).

Worth mentioning though that if you are dual weilding, then you can use an HP or MP absorb weapon in your off hand and it doesn't matter if its type.

Holy Animor - Also a very good support priest hammer. It has good Health and Int bonuses, along with good repel damagebonus and some bonus defense. It only has Magic/Curse/Poison resistances (kind of useless).[/b]
    I just wanted to add that the repel dmg from the holy animor is bugged

KillKnight

Angry

HB+8 > Excep. II+8 >Excep MS+8

Hell Breaker+8 beter coz 155 flame damage in +8 and 20 int bonus ^^

EpsaNomaly

hmm which is better? +8 HB or +8 Exc II or +8 Exc MS? oO[/b]
    HB+8

Didn't notice a mention of this in the guide anywhere, and I've seen lots of low level BPs with Bills...

Priests receive HALF their attack power if they are using a weapon type other than CLUB (1 or 2 handed).

Once a priest completes their master quest, they do full damage also with SWORDS (1 or 2 handed).

Worth mentioning though that if you are dual weilding, then you can use an HP or MP absorb weapon in your off hand and it doesn't matter if its type.[/b]
    About the weapons, I put that at the very top at the links section for weapons.

The HP or MP absorb is at the very bottom in Random Tips/Misc.

I just wanted to add that the repel dmg from the holy animor is bugged[/b]
    Thanks, didn&#39;t know that. Can&#39;t edit the topic anymore though, oh well >__<

Also, thanks a lot to everyone who has been complementing the guide

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast