Dagger/Jamadar defense question

This is a discussion on Dagger/Jamadar defense question within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So from what I understand, if you have a mainhand dagger with 100 AP. Attacking someone with an Iron neck ...
Page: 1

Default Dagger/Jamadar defense question

So from what I understand, if you have a mainhand dagger with 100 AP. Attacking someone with an Iron neck you will lose 10%, so it would have 90 AP. Does this make jamadar better in main hand, even if it has lower AP? For example, Shard 9 has 114 AP, Moonlight has 105. If you fight someone with an IN your shard has approximately 103.5 AP, but Moonlight still has 105.

Or does dagger defense apply as a .5 multiplier to your total attack( since you are using 1/2 daggers)? In other words 10 dagger defense would be a 5% defense against a dagger/jamadar combo? This is all confusing to me.

Thanks

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spires999 View Post
    So from what I understand, if you have a mainhand dagger with 100 AP. Attacking someone with an Iron neck you will lose 10%, so it would have 90 AP. Does this make jamadar better in main hand, even if it has lower AP? For example, Shard 9 has 114 AP, Moonlight has 105. If you fight someone with an IN your shard has approximately 103.5 AP, but Moonlight still has 105.

Or does dagger defense apply as a .5 multiplier to your total attack( since you are using 1/2 daggers)? In other words 10 dagger defense would be a 5% defense against a dagger/jamadar combo? This is all confusing to me.

Thanks
    If player has 10 DD, it will take damage off your dagger only, not from jamadar. so you will be hitting more as with 2 daggers. Not sure how is official game now are you still able to get high AP from dual jamadars? In that case, if player has only DD, dual jamadars are your best bet.

However on older servers I've seen high geared assassin constantly switching between jamadars depending of what kind of shields priests would have equiped. If they had gabs blessing, they'd rush them with dual jamadars, if Adaga, then they would attack them with 2 daggers. But we're talking daggers like Raums+9 or khanjars+8/9 and spare set of moonlights +8/9 in inventory for switching.

I am in cypher, we don’t have that kind of weapon.

Currently, I have Moonlight 7, was wondering if switching my wb9 to khanjar 7 in offhand was worth? Even though khanjar has more ap than moonlight

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Khanjar in right hand, moon in left. Antidefense calculated on both weapons, you simply use stronger one in right for more ap.

Little archer Senior Member

I don't know who told you that's how it works but it's wrong. Are you telling me that if you someone with an Iron neck and you equip the starting 6 AP knife, each R attack will heal the IN wielder?

It's a % decrease on the damage from the weapon it has defense against. So if you spike with double daggers for 1500, with an IN it would be roughly 1350 instead (idk how passive defenses are calculated).

It is true however that the most AP is provided to your character stats from the mainhand slot, so if you were to divide the previous 1500 into 2, assuming now you have a dagger and a jamadar equipped, I wonder if it would be an equal 750+750 division from each or the right hand dagger would contribute more out of the 1500 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    It is true however that the most AP is provided to your character stats from the mainhand slot, so if you were to divide the previous 1500 into 2, assuming now you have a dagger and a jamadar equipped, I wonder if it would be an equal 750+750 division from each or the right hand dagger would contribute more out of the 1500 damage.
    That was basically my question... after doing some testing it feels like it is not an equal division and it is instead based on ap

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by spires999 View Post
    That was basically my question... after doing some testing it feels like it is not an equal division and it is instead based on ap
    Only way to test this is to get similar 4 identical weapons (2 jam, 2 dag) AP-wise then test against weapon defense (dagger talia pref).

If your theory is true, right hand jamadar (with offhand dagger) should do more damage than right hand dagger (offhand jamadar).

Sword breaker and weapon breaker share the same AP I think.

I have also a question about def system , does anyone know how it works .. Not only weps def , defance also?