Returning to KO USKO vs SteamKO

This is a discussion on Returning to KO USKO vs SteamKO within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello all, I used to play Xig back in the day, and lately I've been reminiscing with some of my ...
Page: 1

Default Returning to KO USKO vs SteamKO

Hello all,

I used to play Xig back in the day, and lately I've been reminiscing with some of my buddies and we've decided to dabble in KO again. So none of us have logged on in at least 7 years, and we're all getting the "no such registered ID" when we try and log onto USKO. So I have a couple of questions, assuming we have to start from scratch, why should we play USKO over SteamKO? It is my understanding that USKO is hosted in Turkey now and SteamKO is hosted in Canada. Also, assuming we have to start from scratch, wouldn't a game hosted on Steam generally be more trustworthy and reliable than USKO was?

Lastly, and the most important question, where are the English speaking players? We're not interested in playing a private server, and we're really just looking for a spot that has some fellow English speaking semi-active clan members.

Thank you

now USKO will start 3 new servers 22.1. deffinetly usko more players then steam. also steam is much expensive from usko

Thanks for the reply, which USKO server has the most english speaking players? I always felt like new servers didn't pan out for group transfers. Especially with the difficulty of leveling when it is so crowded

Validating

Steam KO is more expensive, and USKO definitely has some newer servers (if that appeals to you). However, I think steam KO is the place to be. I feel like my account is way more secure through steam and I love how many english players are on the server. Even a lot of the turkish players speak English, if you do come steam KO come orc side!

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Quote Originally Posted by Spires View Post
    However, I think steam KO is the place to be. I feel like my account is way more secure through steam and I love how many english players are on the server. Even a lot of the turkish players speak English, if you do come steam KO come orc side!
    I think this is true, and well worth consideration.

Biggest english player population seems to be on Steam Cypher/USKO Altar (Karus side for both servers) from what I've found. Cypher has been around for 3 years and is on Steam if that's your cup of tea. It has less lag for NA users, and when people say it's more expensive it's only a few items in PUS that are a bit more, not all items. Altar is more crowded atm since it's new server but people may not stay. Both are solid options.

I’m on SteamKO Cypher along with Spires and we have two full clans in our alliance with all English speaking players. There’s other clans also on Karus side who are English speaking too, it’s pretty good.

I was playin private servers for a few years and wanted something a little more long term and came to Steam KO around 4 weeks ago and loving it so far, would highly recommend it.

Validating

Quote Originally Posted by Simbaaa View Post
    Biggest english player population seems to be on Steam Cypher/USKO Altar (Karus side for both servers) from what I've found. Cypher has been around for 3 years and is on Steam if that's your cup of tea. It has less lag for NA users, and when people say it's more expensive it's only a few items in PUS that are a bit more, not all items. Altar is more crowded atm since it's new server but people may not stay. Both are solid options.
    what he said ^^ A lot of english players on Altar usko but a lot of the time the new servers get a huge pop in the beginning and then everyone goes back to the older server they were on

Hey,
    I will refresh the topic.
    I was playing Steam KO since it's begining (Human Cypher). Got 80 lvl rogue with over 200k nps, chitin set8, shard 8, md 8 and stuff such as old yewels (it's propably nothing atm, isn't it?). BUT as far as I remember it was SO EXPENSIVE on Steam.
    Premium, genie, scorlls overall - the prices are crazy. So is it the same thing on USKO?

I would love to come back - but Im not sure where should I. Any recommendations? Im looking for english speaking clan.

Only reason I don't play on Steam ko is because of the prices.. But Now almost lvl 82 and starting to regret that!

Quote Originally Posted by sandro View Post
    Hey,
    I will refresh the topic.
    I was playing Steam KO since it's begining (Human Cypher). Got 80 lvl rogue with over 200k nps, chitin set8, shard 8, md 8 and stuff such as old yewels (it's propably nothing atm, isn't it?). BUT as far as I remember it was SO EXPENSIVE on Steam.
    Premium, genie, scorlls overall - the prices are crazy. So is it the same thing on USKO?

I would love to come back - but Im not sure where should I. Any recommendations? Im looking for english speaking clan.
    Come join Alter active lvling english and pking / farming clans. I'm in supreme and we lvl daily!

If any1 wanna make a come-back on cypher, hit me up as well ^^

Cypher ftw ,best atm i think