Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

DCZ Art of War

This is a discussion on DCZ Art of War within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I read through it and the only thing I noticed missing was a reference to skele belts. I'm not sure ...
Page: 2

I read through it and the only thing I noticed missing was a reference to skele belts. I'm not sure if it was an accident or you just despise them for some reason :P

Kain_the_heartbreaker

Just a quick note on the fire mage build & specifically paper:
    yes the lvl 57 is projectile before you are mastered which is hell annoying. However, the choice is not that simple as by going 54 in fire you lose manes. If you are paper manes does a lot more dmg than blade, which was reason enough back then not to take the lvl 45 ice aoe, even though you have to stand/tank in order to cast manes. Also when I played, ice was not as effective plus I had Erida with me, crimson build 45 ice/45 light, which covered that part.
    Now, if you are int you will use blade more than manes and especially if you dont have a regular ice mage in your party, it could be worth giving it up.
    :Silverblade: was stated 92 INT, 57 fire/42 light. The light spells I used were blade, thunder, the lvl 33 aoe and the resist light. Blade for stunnning (when Erida was not around), thunder for the insane distance and the lvl 33 just for the fun of it.
    I could not afford a g1 DD helm, hence the 92 int. But apart from that, she had just enough mana to use soulpots. I think a paper mage at 70 int, unless your uniques give you INt/mana, will be very hard to play simply because you will have to pot blue too often.
    And yes, i have a crap load of def armours for her - paper is not playable without them.[/b]
    ah very very true silver. i knew i forgot about the manes part ^^. I did realise that ive no where near finished with the mage section and ill probably revise it later tonight. Theres still a bit more to go on fire mages, ice mage and i havent even touched on lightning mage yet!.

not to mention indepth battleguides for different styled mages too!

soooo much work damn it....

explain more

isn't holy animor a great club for a healer? 13 int can bring 300 mana or so, whilest getting 22 ac(on +7) and 13 hp[/b]
    The reason why we prefer a lupus hammer over a holy animor is 1) we've burnt about 4 holy animor +6s to 7 2) we feel that the resists you get from the lupus is much more useful than the 22 ac since as chitin build, you shouldnt have any problems in that department nor would your mana pool pose any problems either. Heck, i might even prefer a dth over holy animor.

but yea, ill get vincent working on writing more about HAs later.

just note, the guide is roughly 50% done atm. we have a lot of indepth battle guides for different party makeups that are coming at the end. Right now we are trying to figure out an anti 'glarfist-party' party.

SonOfaGun

Some tips for sin.
    A sin skill bar depends on the type of computer keyboard u have.
    my skill attack skill bar is standard w/ 1-lf,2,3,4,5 atk and rest mh/soul. But, since i use a laptop its a lot easier for me to press R and then press 3 (spike), since my #3 button is right under the F3 button i use F3 and F4 as my 2 attack pages. This makes it a lot easier than moving my finger to F1 or F2 to use my attacks. My 4 main pages are F1 through F4. F3 and F4 are for attacks and mh and F1 and F2 are my utility belts (LIKE BATMAN ). F2 has wolf, lup, cheap mana pots, cure, LF and swift. My F1 bar is my healing/running bar w/ mh on 1 and 2, soul pot on 3, and LF on 4. This helps me to heal party members and myself while running and whatnot. As for comboing, u gotta know the beat and it takes time to learn how to combo well but you'll get it eventually...

Basically u gotta know how big your hands are, how big your keyboard is, and how comfortable you are with certain setups. What works for someone else might not work for you.
    AND DONT BE AFRAID TO PRACTICE NEW TECHNIQUES (my friend was thinking about triple and quadruple minor heal XD)

Kain_the_heartbreaker

I read through it and the only thing I noticed missing was a reference to skele belts. I'm not sure if it was an accident or you just despise them for some reason :P[/b]
    seeing as how ive never actually owned a wep def belt, ill have to ask others about the skele belt. The only thing im not sure about is the 50% attack rate and if that helps with cleave against rogues.

Some tips for sin.
    A sin skill bar depends on the type of computer keyboard u have.
    my skill attack skill bar is standard w/ 1-lf,2,3,4,5 atk and rest mh/soul. But, since i use a laptop its a lot easier for me to press R and then press 3 (spike), since my #3 button is right under the F3 button i use F3 and F4 as my 2 attack pages. This makes it a lot easier than moving my finger to F1 or F2 to use my attacks. My 4 main pages are F1 through F4. F3 and F4 are for attacks and mh and F1 and F2 are my utility belts (LIKE BATMAN ). F2 has wolf, lup, cheap mana pots, cure, LF and swift. My F1 bar is my healing/running bar w/ mh on 1 and 2, soul pot on 3, and LF on 4. This helps me to heal party members and myself while running and whatnot. As for comboing, u gotta know the beat and it takes time to learn how to combo well but you'll get it eventually...

Basically u gotta know how big your hands are, how big your keyboard is, and how comfortable you are with certain setups. What works for someone else might not work for you.
    AND DONT BE AFRAID TO PRACTICE NEW TECHNIQUES (my friend was thinking about triple and quadruple minor heal XD)[/b]
    well yes, but those are still considered 'basic' knowledge for sins and triple minor was used by iceXD who i must say has got to be the most annoying orc sin to ever cross my path. I want more stuff like when to use a hp potion, what to do when you are minoring at max rate and you get mana drained, who to target in a party to maximise your annoyance factor, how much of a different it will make to ur ap if you switch to wep defs and stuff like that.

Also ill be writing an entire section on illusion, which i personaly think, is the most annoying (in an unnoobish way) skill a sin could possibly use. It makes me throw a completely useless cure.

Mariuszowy

what skill build do you think is best for glacier mage ?
    And i'm thinking about using Elixir staff, for example is exc elixir +8 better than garp +7 for dcz ?
    Tell me something more about ice support mages.

sexy Owa

what skill build do you think is best for glacier mage ?
    And i'm thinking about using Elixir staff, for example is exc elixir +8 better than garp +7 for dcz ?
    Tell me something more about ice support mages.[/b]
    summon friend is an ice mages best skill :/ but 45 light and enough ice for ice comet is best. ice mages are the best support mages a support mage stays behind their tankers and priests casts spells and aoe's until the moment to tp is there tp's are done for a lot of reasons, regrouping, saving lives, killing a frozen enemy :P but the important thing about an ice mage is that they know when to tp. Tp's should be done differently to each class of character. for a warrior you watch their mana when their hp is below half, if their mana is not moving they are not attacking, which means they are running. tp them either just before they die, or early to save their hp potions. mages should never be out of the priests range of heals, unless the priest is tanking orcs to cover the mages escape. Priests are hard to support because their hp and mana jumps around more then any other class. generally you want to stay close to your priest and ask yourself if you would want a tp in his situation :P a good mage never lets anyone die, but if somebody dies its their responsibility to TP them back asap. Rogues generally take care of themselves, expecially in dcz, but the best way to know when to tp a rogue is when they have low hp and low mana, or just low mana that doesnt seem to increase the party bar is innacurate when a sin is minor healing, it jumps more then a priests information will. so supporting a rogue is difficult. when supporting another mage player just watch their hp, but mages shouldnt ever be too far apart in pk. for a support mage expecially in dcz you want a staff that will slow + do decent damage + give bonus's. the staff that fits the bill is oasis or glacier erenion. garps slow nicely but they are a damage whore weapon, which isnt necesarrily bad with today's mages :P. the oasis slows less then a GE will with spells, but will slow more with blade, and has dagger defense. a garp will slow the least with spells, but the most with blade. Ap generally symbolizes damage, in all forms. but it also symbolizes with a mage how well the effect of your element will do when blading. a garp will slow more then a oasis and ge with blade nothing else. there is nothing better then a support ice mage in a party if you play it right

Lioncet

Belt: GB > IB > Kek belt > Rest (GB because bps need all the mana they can get)[/b]
    For BP in DCZ imo:
    IB>GB>Skely>Kek belt>Belt with resist against mages>Str (sucks)

In dcz your attack skills doesn't take lots of mana like in a cz (Judgment and Helis) so you really don't need that extra mana, and 20ac>50hp since they have the same resist.

I could tell you a few Warrior Strategies that are missing in your guide and maybe a few things that you can tweak, I know almost everything about a DCZ Warrior even though I have always prefered having some extra AP to enhance the fun aspect in general PK. I am no guide writer so I will only tell you how it works and you can add it however that you like. :P

Very nice guide, I only read the Warrior part but I am pretty sure that the rest is just as good.

ZeIda

omg I cant believe you wasted your time writing all that shit, lolz.

omg I cant believe you wasted your time writing all that shit, lolz.[/b]
    There is nothing wrong with trying to help others. :huh:

Mariuszowy

I asked about mage staff. What is better exc elixir +8 or garp +7, because on new server price will be like exc elixir +8 = garp +7 ....

ArminVanBuuren

I have a mini guide (if you call mini to a 9-pages guide) made by myself, which I give when my friends ask me something about sins...it is in spanish, but as soon as I get home I'll translate it and send it to ya to see if you can use it.

I'll also add some tips I think may work for priest, due to the knowledge acquired by playing my DCZ BP and a friend's lvl 75 BP.

I asked about mage staff. What is better exc elixir +8 or garp +7, because on new server price will be like exc elixir +8 = garp +7 ....[/b]
    exc elixir +8 will be much better than garp+7.

And Angel, you forgot the most important reason you tp ppl, which is when you need them

sexy Owa

exc elixir +8 will be much better than garp+7.
    And Angel, you forgot the most important reason you tp ppl, which is when you need them [/b]
    your right but you forgot... im owa i dont need anybody h34r:

your right but you forgot... im owa i dont need anybody h34r:[/b]
    Ex-Warrior's cannot TP, only go crazy and kill anyone in their path... h34r:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast