Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheNewCulverized

Chitin Bow may not just be for looks.

This is a discussion on Chitin Bow may not just be for looks. within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well I decided to do some test of certain things and weapons because I have nothing better to do with ...
Page: 1

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Validating

Default Chitin Bow may not just be for looks.

Well I decided to do some test of certain things and weapons because I have nothing better to do with my time. Turns out the poison resistance actually works, both with R attacks and with normal skills when your opponent is using a weapon with poison on it.

166/135 with arrow shower 393.5/352 with shadow shot

arrow shower was tested with 12 different arrow damages and the shadow shot with 4.

Just thought some people would like to know.

Testing was done with a scorpian scythe +6 which has 10 less resistance to poison so the differences would have been more with a chitin bow.

Elemental resistances have been known to work on weapons, but thanks for confirming it further... I remember reading at some point a person went to test what was more effective to tank a baal +10, an IN (10 axe def) vs a WP +3, and the WP mitigated more damage.

What has always been bugged is the arrow def, and last test I did with a talia around +9 months ago it didnt work.

In any case, the bows with most elemental would be Enion, Helenid then Windforce. Helenid should be better due to lower glacier resist, but this bow is really hated because of inconsistent dmg.

So what you are stating is that having a higher flame resistance would cause less damage from a weapon such as a Hell Breaker?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewCulverized View Post
    So what you are stating is that having a higher flame resistance would cause less damage from a weapon such as a Hell Breaker?
    Yes, it should work, but honestly if you play USKO, +10 baal gonna hurt no matter what ._.

Edit

Just tested a baal +8 vs two kinds of talias:
    50axe vs 200 flame

200 flame reduced range 25-50 dmg, average 43
    50 axe reduced 100 dmg on average

base damage done vs shell 8 pauldron (1 less ac)

50dmg would be a lot on a character with maxed out AC, like a warrior, but weapon def is still king for low ac class...

Also, comparing the cost of each stat, its easier and way cheaper to get close to 200 flame def, than it is to get 50 axe def (20 with an iron set 0), so judge yourself.
    Last edited by Goathorns; 01-17-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Well put, glad I actually did these tests and thank you for yours as well.
    Goathorns likes this.