Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Fun Weapon/Effect Change Guide

This is a discussion on A Fun Weapon/Effect Change Guide within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey guys, Here is a quick guide on how to change your weapon colors/glow, thought i'd write one up because ...
Page: 1

Default A Fun Weapon/Effect Change Guide

Hey guys,

Here is a quick guide on how to change your weapon colors/glow, thought i'd write one up because I used to do this for private servers.
    Example of my work Effects pictures by outcastko - Photobucket

NOTE: This is only seen by you, other players wont see the changes, but you will feel leet lol.

First download the dxt editor here: http://www.multiupload.com/7YXLRFLRC1

We will be using the N3TexViewer, it's been around for a long time and is the way to go.

Finding armor/weapons to color is pretty tricky, but it's easy once you get the hang of it. They are all grouped by numbers by class and weapon, and all can be found in your Item Folder in the Knight online directory. Effects are located in the Fx folder.

In this example i'm gonna be doing a very quick edit of the Eagle Eye bow.

1. Let's start by opening the Editor, and on the top left click open.

2. Then browse to your Knight online "Item" folder, and look for "item_bow_2006_01.dxt" and open it.
    Now you should see a picture of what represents a jumbled up eagle eye bow.
    Example Picture here - ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

3. Now you want to go to file, then click "save as bmp" and save to your desktop or something.

4. Then open that bmp with paint, or photoshop or whatever you prefer to use.
    Then you can color it any color your want and save it.

5. Now go back to our dxt editor and click on "options" then click "Change File Attributes..."
    And browse to the bmp we just saved and click on it, then enter these settings.
    Dxt1
    width:256 Height: 256
    mipmap checked

Then press ok. Example here - ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

6. Now rename our new .dxt file to "item_bow_2006_01.dxt" and drag and drop into the Item folder. (save your old one so you can change back later)

7. And log into game and you should have a newly colored Eagle Eye bow, either equip one or go and stand next to someone who has it on, and look at his see if you did it right. If you have any problems post back here i'll help ya out =)

NOTE: You can do the same steps above on armor, and make your own armor set. effects are tricky but fun, and I can write a guide on how to do it later if there is enough of a request.

My quick test bow for this guide. (with effect change)
    Here - ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Last edited by matrix96; 05-20-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Updated: forgot a few steps

MrGreen

hey man this seems awesome, but can u change/edit skill animations too?

Yea you can change any animation to whatever you want, example i've changed my minor heal animation to be little skulls insted of blue dots.
    But that involves creating your own effects which i dont know if i'm ready to release how to do that yet =P

But you can change your spike effect or something for example to be like a nova, or warrior effect etc. anything you want really.

MrGreen

Quote Originally Posted by matrix96 View Post
    Yea you can change any animation to whatever you want, example i've changed my minor heal animation to be little skulls insted of blue dots.
    But that involves creating your own effects which i dont know if i'm ready to release how to do that yet =P

But you can change your spike effect or something for example to be like a nova, or warrior effect etc. anything you want really.
    sweet, can you teach me how to turn hellblade (lv80 warrior skill) to howling sword(lv70)? and how to remove group full heal and group 960 heals? it will be much appreciated. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    sweet, can you teach me how to turn hellblade (lv80 warrior skill) to howling sword(lv70)? and how to remove group full heal and group 960 heals? it will be much appreciated. cheers.
    Yea sure i'll start writing up a guide for it later today got a few things to do first.
    So look for it later.

Also you wanna completely remove those 2 heals?
    I'm guessing for lag or fps gain?

MrGreen

Yea sure i'll start writing up a guide for it later today got a few things to do first.
    So look for it later.

Also you wanna completely remove those 2 heals?
    I'm guessing for lag or fps gain?
    yeah completely removed if u can, fps gain and to lessen computer lag, my laptop is old and too much animation is making it freeze from time to time.

take your time and thanks again.

Hey MrGreen,
    Havn't had enough time to write a guide on this yet, but here is the info you need.

Download this fxb: http://www.mediafire.com/?a8m88rwaafo0c7p

Then drag and drop that into your knight online/fx folder and overwrite/replace.
    That will change your Hellblade to your howling sword. (I didn't have a warrior to test on, let me know if it's the wrong effect.)
    This will also change scream to howling sword and randomly change judgment to HS too.

Now to get rid of Heal effect, go into your Knight Online/fx folder and delete heal_target0_3.fxb

Let me know if that works for ya =)
    I'll have the complete guide up later.

MrGreen

Hey MrGreen,
    Havn't had enough time to write a guide on this yet, but here is the info you need.

Download this fxb: ability_bs62.rar

Then drag and drop that into your knight online/fx folder and overwrite/replace.
    That will change your Hellblade to your howling sword. (I didn't have a warrior to test on, let me know if it's the wrong effect.)
    This will also change scream to howling sword and randomly change judgment to HS too.

Now to get rid of Heal effect, go into your Knight Online/fx folder and delete heal_target0_3.fxb

Let me know if that works for ya =)
    I'll have the complete guide up later.
    thanks man, im going to try it now.

MrGreen

it looks great man, look more like the old howling sword but i like it better.

thanks again and i really appreciate it.

if anyone knows the ice blade code would be helpful, drivin me insane

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    it looks great man, look more like the old howling sword but i like it better.

thanks again and i really appreciate it.
    Ok good warrior was the one class I didn't have to test with so i'm glad it was the right effect.
    Your welcome man.

And what do you wanna do with ice blade Lavie?

Banned Senior Member

isn t this tbl editing ?xd

Quote Originally Posted by DexAddict View Post
    isn t this tbl editing ?xd
    Nope i'm not touching any tables to edit the effects

Banned Senior Member

ah ok my bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast