How to make Cursed Weapons

This is a discussion on How to make Cursed Weapons within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey there guys. I'm interested in making Cursed Weapons (Windforce) but I'm somewhat confused and need a bit of clarification ...
Page: 1

Unlimited

Default How to make Cursed Weapons

Hey there guys.
    I'm interested in making Cursed Weapons (Windforce) but I'm somewhat confused and need a bit of clarification as to how I actually go about doing this.
    On the KO website, it says I have to kill one of the bosses in Ronark - how many people do you need to go about killing these bosses?

And also, does having a golden Mattock make any difference than a regular Mattock?

The bosses in Ronak need to be killed to get the stones that they drop, its those stones you use to make the cursed weapons. I'm not sure which stone is for which weapon though. If you go to the Heppa Pupil NPC in moradon he'll tell you what you need for each weapon.

Depending on your lvl's you might need a full party you might not. Definatly a couple tank warriors a DB, and a rouge for drain.

And as far as the golden mattock goes you get the same crap you get from the regular mattock you just get it faster, it takes about half the time.

Unlimited

Ah, thanks for the clarification.
    Are any of the items that drop from mobs/bosses untradeable/un-resellable? I see people merchanting all the time in Moradon some of the requirements for the Cursed weapons and was just wondering if I could just buy them from the merchants

Ya, everything you need to make cursed weapons you can buy in merchant. Also I forgot to mention that not all materials come from the bosses in ronark, some of the materials come from Krowaz land bosses, and mining in ronark.

Unlimited

Ah, OK, well that makes it a bit easier to try and get a Windforce though. What is the compounding success rate on Cursed weapons? I saw a few videos on Youtube of people trying to compound and sometimes it's a hit or miss. Should I spend for about 5 tries or so?

5 tries should get you at least one for sure, but i would strongly suggest using a shadow piece.

For me, success rate is about 20% without a shadow piece.

It went to 40% when I used a shadow piece.

For 1 cursed weapon you need 80xdraki fossils, 50 dredium fossils, 10 blessed stones, 10 nightmare crystals and shadow piece (optional). In fossil/blessed stone description you'll see what types you need for cursed weapon you attempt to craft. And what comes to succesfull rates with shadow piece it's like 50% or more imo.

Unlimited

All right, so I calculated how much per try would be for a Windforce and it's about 115 million noah per try, so I'd have to have at least 10-20 gbs in the bank before I try this.

The question is: are Cursed weapons worth it in the long run? What I mean is that if I manage to make one +7 or +8, would the resale value be actually worth the trouble?

The reason I ask is because I'm looking at the C-West market place and it seems that no one is in the market for +8 Cursed items, other than Krowaz and Gabs, but as far as weapons go, no one offers on the +7 or +8, which is kinda sad considering how much trouble one has to go through before acquiring one then of course the risk of breaking it while upgrading. Most would rather just have +8/+9 Iron Bow or +8/+9 Shards, which of course isn't bad but it would be nice to see a +8/+9 Windforce or +8/+9 Raum in the mix.