How to run 2 clients in the same computer, w/o 3rd party programs and w/o APR ERROR

This is a discussion on How to run 2 clients in the same computer, w/o 3rd party programs and w/o APR ERROR within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; topic title...
Page: 1

Little archer Senior Member

Default How to run 2 clients in the same computer, w/o 3rd party programs and w/o APR ERROR

topic title

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    topic title
    if you have to usernames, for example, uhm "real Name", and admin, log on 1 load up ko, have a copy of your ko folder on the other user name and log in their..

yeah but it was getting apr error

infectedknit

I remember you could do this somehow with a virtual box or something (I believe the program was Sandbox).

how does it work

Well you could always use vmware player, virtualbox, or microsofts virtual pc.

Just install the software, set up a virtual machine, install windows, and then KO.

Its basically the same thing as having 2 separate computers but controlled by 1 mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

all 3 work with ko but vmware player seems to be the least buggy atm. vmware is having dc issues when both set up overnight. vmware player is the easiest to switch back and forth, virtualbox and microsofts virtual pc are laggy when switching although with new windows 7 patch vmware is also having lag issues when switching.

each virtual pc needs about 1cpu and around 512mb memory for its own use.

I'm running AMD athlon x3 and 8gb ddr3 and it runs at about 90% cpu with vmware player and ko running on both. With windows 7 on host computer and plain XP on virtual pc. Wana try 3 when I get new hard drive but I think it might be to much with cpu.

hope this helps

Banned

A good program for this is Oracle VM virtual box.
    It´s easy to set up and it works!

Banned Senior Member

i get apr via user accounts as well never use d to but now i do