Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

INT Priest build for 2016 (steamKO)

This is a discussion on INT Priest build for 2016 (steamKO) within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; what builds are everyone using in new steamKO server? what accessories are viable? no glass belt for me...
Page: 1

Default INT Priest build for 2016 (steamKO)

what builds are everyone using in new steamKO server?
    what accessories are viable? no glass belt for me

First of all sorry for my english about build - it's hard to say, you need to realize if you will play with clannies or with random pt. You have to know about builds of other priests in clan. I prefer to play party cure as a buffer (lvl = aura, 60 heal, 3 malice, rest to master). About gear - I think you don't need oveprized gear for good pk. SteamKO is new so go for chitins +7/12hp, old EP, dual old SSE, old Skele, dual old rols (in some time), personal shield +5 and tooth/smite hammer +5. It's decent gear which is not expensive and you will enjoy lot of fun with this gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Manothai View Post
    First of all sorry for my english about build - it's hard to say, you need to realize if you will play with clannies or with random pt. You have to know about builds of other priests in clan. I prefer to play party cure as a buffer (lvl = aura, 60 heal, 3 malice, rest to master). About gear - I think you don't need oveprized gear for good pk. SteamKO is new so go for chitins +7/12hp, old EP, dual old SSE, old Skele, dual old rols (in some time), personal shield +5 and tooth/smite hammer +5. It's decent gear which is not expensive and you will enjoy lot of fun with this gear.
    Thanks mate. I actually have half of that right now and got lucky person shield to +7. So SSE better than priest earring?! need some resist against mages lol

Purrminator Senior Member

what level are we talking about?
    If we are talking about 80 you should not put the rest in master, no one max out master

I'm running 190 int 108 str rest HP for stats and then 60 heal 12 master 70 debuff, I didn't go 80 into duff because 1. I'd lose my damage mitigation from 5/10 master and 2. I can't afford to unlock my 70 skill let alone 75 and 80 too, the build works great, can wear full +8 shells, whatever mace and shield you like and have lots of health, ac and mana/resistances to boot. After 83 cap I could see myself going 80 duff and 5 master to keep a bit of mitigation but also get superior para (amazing for raping mages and priests) and the often overlooked discountis which obliterates mage parties and is a pretty decent aoe Styx against any other kind of party.

EDIT: I forgot accessories, SSE's are basically mandatory for any support priest, as are RoL's though you can get away with mano or gold rings if you're super broke, belt is a glass belt preferably but an iron or bronze will do the job too, just not as well and finally we strive for an iron neck like everyone else on the planet, until those can actually be acquired without spending a retarded amount of USD I personally use an Elemental Pendant for its 10 health and 20 ac, there are alternatives but its basically IN or EP or you might as well not be wearing a necklace.

Some people will tell you that ROMs are okay for priest, those people are idiots, they give less ac and health than a rol and also don't provide you with the always valuable lightning resist that rols have which is invaluable as a priest because if you get stunned, your party and you will die.

Also to the guy suggesting chitins I say that's silly, you can get rental gear that gives +7 shells, a holy animor 6 and a shield that is actually absurdly good as it gives 15 DD and 15 club D (bb hell breakers and ii's), the health you lose from taking shells over chitins is negligible, the ac from having less health stat is made up by having shells rather than chitins, priest shells are extremely cheap and you can get a non rental set for pretty dang cheap and of course shells loom significantly better than newby chitins

Source of info: Playing a priest off and on since 2005.

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    the health you lose from taking shells over chitins is negligible, the ac from having less health stat is made up by having shells rather than chitins, priest shells are extremely cheap and you can get a non rental set for pretty dang cheap and of course shells loom significantly better than newby chitins
    16-18 more health (190 vs 172/174 chit 7 or 8) is not "negligible"; that's like dual ROL... That's 16-18 health + 60% undying = significantly higher red ball. Health is anti everyone. AC is anti mele. Red ball>all
    SkyHunter likes this.

Purrminator Senior Member

I'd take chitins over shells everyday, the HP boost is so much better, but most parts I agree with you azreal

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    16-18 more health (190 vs 172/174 chit 7 or 8) is not "negligible"; that's like dual ROL... That's 16-18 health + 60% undying = significantly higher red ball. Health is anti everyone. AC is anti mele. Red ball>all
    The difference between statting for +8 chitins and +8 shells is 286 health before factoring in Undying it provides 457.6 more HP, after factoring in Undying you also lose 16 ac from the health stat. Wearing a shell set 8 over a chitin set 8 provides you with 38 extra AC simply because its a tier higher armour so you would have a net gain of 22 AC by wearing shell 8 over chitin 8, statting for 190 int will also provide you with 8 extra resistances to all sources of elemental damage. As I don't have the actual damage calculation formulas for KO I can't say where 22 AC and 8 resist at all times is better than 457 HP with undying is better, I personally prefer to take less damage at all times so the AC and resistances provided by shells is more important to me than slightly more than half an HP pot's worth of Health by going with chitins. When you're tanking 5+ attackers at the same time I can almost guarantee you that the scalar of AC and resistances will provide you with more "tankiness" than the flat health you receive from chitins, since nobody has the damage calculation formulas its basically down to personal preference, you prefer chitins, i prefer shells, they both have their benefits and drawbacks and are both good for different situations and environments of PKing.

As for your claim that AC is anti-melee you neglect to mention that you also get more resistances from the extra int you need to wear shells so you're getting more mitigation from all sources of damage, not just rogues/warriors.

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    personal preference
    This. I've always been a proponent of having the highest red ball possible. High HP = Higher parasite HP which I've always >>>>>>>>>>>>>> preferred to AC, though I did like holy animor when the damage reflection was working.

Personally I prefer chitin build because I like more HP as well, and youre going to have high AC on a priest regardless so the extra bit of AC doesn't make too much of a difference. There's nothing wrong with shell build though, I would say it is just as good.

Also, I like RoMs for the glacier resistance. I find that I get slowed much more than I get stunned as a priest and they're much cheaper (you can usually make a +1 for less than an old RoL, but it depends on how the market is), but again its just a preference thing.

As for earrings, SSE are great but until Juriad comes out and you can get the lillme earrings from gems I would suggest 1 SSE and 1 Priest earring (old is fine, like 1M) for the extra resistances.

Skele belt and EP (both old) are the best belt/neck you'll get for awhile unless you get a lucky boss drop.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

probably depends on the server too, atm in steamko you would want HP over AC simply because the ridiculous amounts of mages, and the extra AC won't save you from novas (WOAH REALLY?)

All wrong wrong and wrong get 245 int full shell with int bonus on it
    ye, go get dual mace stone splitters, personal maces, smite hammers dont matter. And go flank parties 1 hit everybody fkin b1tch
    int>hp always always
    dont help your party just be a ego let everyone die and go yolo with these dual maces.
    DoomBringer, SkyHunter and iNyppaN like this.

Ps: Priest impacts are not bad either.
    Specially the Execptional ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast