Merching on laptop

This is a discussion on Merching on laptop within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok so i set my laptop to "do nothing" when i close it. (Means that when i open back up ...
Page: 1

Default Merching on laptop

Ok so i set my laptop to "do nothing" when i close it. (Means that when i open back up it will be at same place before i closed). Anyways i put up merch and then close it but almost everytime i get dc'd. Is there anyway to merch and NOT get dc'd with the laptop closed? (Like i said sometimes it dc's, sometimes it doesn't). I dont wanna have my comp open to merch cause i dont want laptop to overheat. Thanks!

RedBullEnergyDrink

i have the same problem as you, right now i merchant 24/7 on my laptop, overnight all the time, if u close the screen, it goes black, and you will dc when u open it, you half to leave it open i know it sucks my fan is blowing out heat, and my room is small and it is boiling and i live in canada :P, it dcs all the time when u close it, sometimes it doesent,

Heres a tip : keep ur laptop elevated, meaning put something about 1 inch by 1 inch on each corner of ur laptop leaving the bottom empty, it helps a bit... i fold a peice of paper realy small and stick one under each corner;.

It should be fine to merch on overnight without closing. I've been using this laptop to play and merch on for 2 years. Merching almost every single night. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LAPTOP COOLING PAD THO. Otherwise you will burn the CPU up after 6 months. A cooling pad makes a HUGE difference.

On another note...<3 playing KO with touchpad. I cant play with a regular mouse anymore xD. Too used to touchpad.