Wepeons defense DUELS

This is a discussion on Wepeons defense DUELS within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I was Wondering exactly how wep defense like IN IB etc work with duel weps like Tota spear and huanguk ...
Page: 1

Default Wepeons defense DUELS

I was Wondering exactly how wep defense like IN IB etc work with duel weps like Tota spear and huanguk etc... is it just each take there own wep defense/?

thanks

I think that both weapons get a -10% penalty but since the left hand weapon counts as 50% of attack power, the damage is reduced by 15% not 20.
    So lets say that with a two handed weapon you have 2500 ap and with duals you have the same, hitting a person with iron belt, the two builds will have 5% difference in damage.
    If the other person has iron set your damage will be -30% and if he has a chitin shield on.... nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by daddids View Post
    I think that both weapons get a -10% penalty but since the left hand weapon counts as 50% of attack power, the damage is reduced by 15% not 20.
    So lets say that with a two handed weapon you have 2500 ap and with duals you have the same, hitting a person with iron belt, the two builds will have 5% difference in damage.
    If the other person has iron set your damage will be -30% and if he has a chitin shield on.... nevermind
    confusing...

I dont have have formuas etc to count the damage difference but in my personal experiences with dual i could make much less damage on shielded players than with 2 handeds.

Should be something like this..
    -20% on right hand and -20% on left hand would be devastating for dual wep users lol. Could be like daggers

The weapon on left hand gives half the attack power that it should.Use a hanguk sword +7 on ur right hand and then use it on ur left hand ( use only hanguk,not a second weapon).
    When you use hanguk on right hand u will have say 1200 ap, whereas on the left hand u will have 600.
    So if u have toto + hanguk and u deal say 600 dmg, 2/3 of the damage come from toto and the rest 1/3 come from hanguk.
    So if ur opponent has iron set ( 20% weapon def) your damage will not be reduced by 20% it will be reduced by 15%, 10% for the damage from toto and 5% from the dmg from hanguk.
    Hope this helped!

So if u have toto + hanguk and u deal say 600 dmg, 2/3 of the damage come from toto and the rest 1/3 come from hanguk.
    wrong .

im pretty sure its right cuz i have played warrior in all zone and if i hit 500dmg with duals,when i had shield on i hit like 350-380 with 1 weapon.sooooo

i agree 100% with daddids..

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Ive never believe the "dual wields are affected more by iron set" myth because i dont think its just based on attack damage i think affects attack power of a weapon.

For sake of argument lets not focus on AC or Absoluteness or Match
    Lets make it all simple with number we choose.

A raptor has 300 AP and with it you have 3k Attack

With Dual Wields you have Main hand weapon 200 Ap and off hand weapon has 200 Ap but its automatically reduced to 100ap since its in off hand, so in total you have 300 AP with 3k attack.

100AP= 1000 attack power

And every hit you do on a person will do 1/3 damage i thinks thats the rule not sure.

With raptor your normally hit hit people for 1k flat with your 3k ap.
    When you go up against a priest with chitin shield you would hit him 500 damage right? Cuz it reduces you Raptor AP in half so you do half the damage.

3k attack power turns to 1500 attack power because Raptor Ap was 300 and went to 150AP.

Thats my theory.

With dual wields I think i can apply the same scenario. Main hand is has weapon with 200 ap and off hand has 200 ap as well but is reduced to 100 so in total you have 300 ap with 3k attack power.

You meet a priest with chitin shield I would think you would d the same damage which is as a raptor which is 500.

Why? Well if main hand is spear with 200 ap then chitin shield cuts it to 100 and the off hand weapon is an axe. Its 200 ap was already cut in half too 100 so the chitin shield cuts that in half again so you have in total 150 AP and with that you would have 1.5k ap.

so hitting 1/3 you would hit 500 too...

Thats how i see it.

Unless im issing something?

me and a friend tried this out, first attacking a priest without iron set with dual wield (tota 9 and hs 7) then with raptor +8 rev to see the dmg, then attacking the priest with his iron set, to see if the dmg would be lowered by more % with dual wield than raptor, It didnt, the dmg % were pretty much the same

Daddids is right

and is that same situation for rogues ? o.o

or its apply just for warriors ?

It applies for different types of weapon but quantity of weapons used.
    If for example you use 2 hanguk +8 , iron bet will reduce only 10% cuz you only have swords.
    Same for rogues,both weapons are dagger,so only 10% reduction.

Well I tested this with murky +9/hanguk +9 vs ii +9 attacking chitin shield.

The ii average was 563 over 10 hits and the murky was 486 over 10 hits...

The hanguk +9 and murky +9 had i think it was 32xx ap with duals
    while the II had 31xx ap.

I know there wasnt much difference in AP although i dont remember exact figures i know that there was no more then 150 attack difference, but the duals which had more AP hit alot less..

this included against iron sets aswell not just a shield yet the murky was hitting average 80 damage less per hit and it had more AP....