• Nicely worked out, very informative

28 34.57%
  • Its ... decent

36 44.44%
  • You suck

17 20.99%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My priest guide

This is a discussion on My priest guide within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello, i recently quitted ko. I played a priest. Looking around i noticed there arent that many priest guides out ...
Page: 1

Thumbs down

Hello, i recently quitted ko. I played a priest. Looking around i noticed there arent that many priest guides out there, and they didn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t cover everything. I worked out the Tank priest part of my priest guide now ( bp, all arounders will be next, i will require help for these so if you have good advice on anything feel free to pm me )

I edited a bit and included some commentaries i got, Please read through the whole thing and send me a personal message with things you think should be modified, added, or changed.

Tank priests.

As a tank priest your job will be to heal,cure,buff or duff depending on your skilldistrebution.
    What is most important to you is to have a high ac, hp, resistances and as much weapon defences as you can.

Armors, in order of usefullness, with advantages and disadvantages.

(These do not invole the rebirthed armors, accept with the goblin chitin built because there is no alternative there. However using rebirthed chitins and shells could be used to lower the maximum int requirements of your armor, at the expense of 1hp ( +4/14 reb )
    ( I did not count in helmets, since these should be DD helmets at all times in my opinion )
    ( * I mentionned the amount of stats gained to put in hp if lowering the int requirement. )
    ( The amount of str doesn't really affect your built, since it is all determined by your shield/weapon, which is why i don't count in the amount of str stats won. )

Priest Chitin Shell set +8
    Stat requirements: 108 Str / 190 Int
    Advantages : high ac. ( 416 ac ), very big mana bar and higher resists due to higher int.
    Dissadvantages : lower hp due to a high int requirement.

Priest Chitin set +8
    consists of: Chitin +8 pauldron / pad / boots, Chitin shell+8 gaunts
    Stat requirements: 104 Str / 174 Int
    Advantages : high ac ( 391 ), higher hp ( + 16 hp stats )*
    Dissadvantages: Still a reasonable high int requirement

Priest Chitin goblin built
    Consists of: Chitin goblin pauldron / pad, chitin +8 gaunts, chitin +4 rebirthed boots
    Stat requirements: 96 Str / 160 Int
    Advantages : high ac ( 355 ), higher hp ( + 30 hp stats )*, 32 resistance to all.
    Dissadvantages: somewhat lower ac than with chitin+8

Priest Fp +8
    consists of: Fp +8 pauldron / pad / boots / chitin +8 gauntlets.
    Stat requirements: 101 Str / 158 Int
    Advantages : medium ac ( 315 ), higher hp ( + 32 hp stats )*
    Dissadvantages: the ac is lower, but still reasonable.

Priest Fp goblin built
    Stat requirements: 95 Str / 146 Int
    Advantages : medium ac ( 272 ), Higher hp ( + 44 hp stats )*, 32 resistances to all.
    Dissadvantages: the ac is lower, but still reasonable.

I end here, because in my opinion, going down any more grades of armor is useless as a tank priest, your hp gained from lower int requirement does not make up for the ac loss.

Weapon Defence Armors

It is always usefull to have a few of these in your inventory or replacing some armor part.
    There is a set of rare Fp weapon defences that can be very usefull if you have them. But, since these armors don't drop anymore it might be rare to get your hands on them.
    The rare Fp weapon defence armors > their Chitin weapon defence counterparts when these are at +7 or lower. In my opinion when the chitin weapon defence armors are at +8 the gained ac makes up for the small loss of weapon defences. This does not count for dagger defence however, a fp +6 dd helmet still is the best to get, and a good DD hat is the main thing any tank priest should have.

After that come Spear defence boots or gauntlets. ( gauntlets only exist in fp )( raptor is the most common used weapon used by warriors, If they use dual wield this will affect their damage aswell ) After you have these 2 start collecting the rest of the weapon defence armors, depending on which ones you think you really need. I would advice to get a club defence part, because with some update came an Ap boost for the Hellbreakers, and these weapons already have a huge fire damage. So you might wanna stack some club defence up. II's and Hb's are also commonly prefered by bp's and warriors, and they will hit hard with it. Sword/ Axe defence is what you should get next, but make sure you have the dd, sd, club defence first. These are more important.

( this is something many can argue about, since allot of warriors use giga/avendon/ms+8/sword of player. This is my opinion about weapon defence armors from my personal expieriences, you people might think otherwise, if i should add anything to this pm me )

Jewlery in order of usefullness

( I only use +0, offcourse you can use lesser ones at +1 to b ebetter than the best one I listed. )
    ( You don't necessairly need to use dual rings and earrings, it might be usefull to combine bonusses of different types of earrings. For example: high ac, high hp with medium ac , hp and high resistances )
    ( These are selected by my vieuw on jewlery, this does not necessairly mean i am 100% correct, possibly you might suggest other orders )
    ( When building your priest with jewlery, go by this order : reasonable Ac> light resist > fire resist > hp > glacier resist.

Earring 1 : Sse > We > Be > Pe > Wse > Ce
    Earring 2 : We > SSe > Ce > Be > Pe > WSe (*)
    (*reason behind this is simple, using one ear that gives good hp / ac and one ear that gives medium hp /ac and high resistances balances out your total hp/ac/rs )

Necklaces : (Ep +2 **) > In > Ep > Wp
    (** If used in combination with ib/cs and weapon defence armors )

Ring 1 : RoF > Rol > Rom > Fov / Roc
    Ring 2 : Rol > Rof > Rom > Fov / Roc (***)
    (*** If used in this combination, having 2 different rings with 2 different resistances on it, also balances out your total ac/hp/rs. By using rof / rol you will have lr and fr. )

Belts : Ib > Gb > Sb > Kb > Bol (****)
    (**** This is pretty obvious, you need ac and weapon defences, pick either gb or ib, skelly belt and others arent that good at all )

When selecting your jewlery for tank priests, you must always aim for high ac/hp. If your resistances need a boost search for earrings ( these have the smallest affect on your total ac ) with medium ac/hp and high resistances. A good example of these are We's and Ce's. These are very usefull at +1 to take one of both earring spots to give a nice resistance boost.

For belt and necklace you should aim to get the ones with a high ac/ weapon defences /high hp bonusses. In that order, weapon defences will save you more than a small hp boost can, unless you use a ep+2 because this gives a Ton of hp and a Ton of ac, but only to be adviced in combination with other parts that have weapon defences.

You select your rings by order of ac/hp/rs. I recommend using either a combination of rol / rol or rol / rom. This last one because it offers you 2 types of resistances, but you do have to sacrifice 10 ac for it. Its up to you to make that choice. I wouldn't spend to much time hunting after rofs, its not worth it, your better off using rol / rol or rol / rom+1 and you'll have that much cheaper. And with the last choice you will once again have 2 types of resistances to add to your total.

Shields:

1.Chitin Shield build : you'll need a dd helmet if your ac is not high enough to resist against sins (let's say 1400+ ac).
    2.Shield of Player build : same (+ need high str so using chitin +8 build or perhaps shell build is a good idea).
    3.Syphioric build : same.
    4.Scorpion Shield build : low ac and no def ability, holy animor + a lot of def ability on armor will probably be the best choice, personally i'll use fp gob pad/pauldron + fp dd 25 helmet + fp boots/gaunts def spear 20 to walk in cz with that one (and some def ax in inventory in case you meet some avedon users).
    5.Defender of the Lord build : correct ac but a lack of def ability, need high str so using chitin +8 build is a good idea, having full set of chitin def armor is very important too in my mind.

Priest maces :

This is actually tottaly up to the wishes of the player.

If he/she wants hp, ac use a Holy animor
    If he/she wants a bit of hp, and lots of resistances use a lycaon hammer
    If he/she wants a bigger amount of hp, and lots of lightning resistance, pick a lobo hammer

Other weapons such as smite hammer / dragon tooth hammer / lupus hammer / tooth are not supposed to be used by pure tank priests.

Pk Strategies:

< This is from lvl 70 and higher, below lvl 70 and you should be xp&#39;ing not pk&#39;ing >
    < I only talk about skills at lvl 70, when you get higher you&#39;ll figure it out on your own >

If buffer: go 60 buff 60 heal, rest of skill distrebution is up to you ( at lvl 71 get malice )

When your pk&#39;ing first off all never ever loose sight of the main group of your pk party. Don&#39;t run off and leave them behind. Rouges might occasionaly run off to Chase some target, let them be they can heal themselves, your priority is to keep the mage and other priests in party alive. After that come the warriors. The ones you should least care about are rouges. Cast party heals if they really are in trouble, but never waste a heal on them unless u can afford to.
    When in party vs party fights try to remain away from the enemy. Either stand back and let the warriors / rouges / bp&#39;s take the hits. Sort of like rugby ( those 2 middle Lines bump into each other ) Then its your job to heal your party as well as you can. Mage first, then priests / warriors. If you see the enemy concentrating their attack on one particular person, cast a 10k heal on him. Try to save your 10k party heals for when you really need it ( when you see the total parties hp going down )
    If the enemy starts focussing their attacks on you, run towards your parties warriors. They will understand and try to fight some enemy&#39;s off your back ( vent is very usefull in this ) I also strongely advice, when your hp is going low, stand still, use a hp pot and at the same time use a 10k heal on yourself, then start running again while spamming hp pots, until you get out of range/ tp&#39;d or helped out.

If duffer: go 57 duff 60 heal first and 5 in master, rest of skill distrebution is up to you.

The same rules apply as mentionned above. Accept now besides just healing you will have to duff aswell. If facing a large party consisting of a mage, a few priest, and the rest melee, you should malice and then parasite the mage first, while melee&#39;s in your party go after him. After casthing those 2 buffs try to subside as many other players as you can. Use torment on the strongest looking warrior if needed. While the party is going after the mage heal them whenever you can. You can&#39;t let them die unless the mage in your party is alive and around. Now, after the mage has been taken care of or you are unable to get to him due to the party of the enemies, switch to killing of their priests, again, use malice then parasite. Accept here give them a little time interval inbetween the malice and parasite. Priests will cure themselves immidiatly, but luckely the cure skill has a short cooldown. Cast a parasite inbetween those cooldowns, then when you see him cure again, subside. At this Point the priest should go down, given that your party knows what they are doing and who to target first, second, etc. Without priests the remaining warriors / rouges will die fast when they get duffed and attacked right away. At this Point just cast your duffs onto whoever you think poses the greatest threat. Once he&#39;s out of the way the rest will start fleeing, or end up fighting to death.
    If the mage did manage to get away, and reinforces the party, get your own mage to run back a bit, tp all of you, cast a full heal, and get ready to repeat this whole list, untill you killed all of them.

A big thanks to: Tank, Lutz, Lagnox, Curly, Liliciredutemps, xox_perescangri_oxo,bd-hoz, for pointing out things i overlooked, giving tips and new insights.

bump

i dont ever do this but... wrong section? h34r:

Lun4t1C

I think it&#39;s a pretty nice guide. I only got a question wouldn&#39;t it be better if u did like for example : 60 duff 45 heal 10 master? or would that be shitty to put points in master?

Could be, i pm&#39;d a mod, if this is the wrong section i suppose he will move it.

IB + CS + EP+2 > IB + CS + IN

YEA
    also agree with above
    60heal/60duff/5 master <-- best build. don&#39;t be turkish and get a level 70 skill just because you are level 70+. sure, in some situations lvl 70 skills rock, but not so much for an int priest. having full heal is much more important.

though all questions are answered up there. with an unlimited budget i would wear full wep def rare fp gear provided you play ares, diez, xigenon, cypher, or beramus. if not, then go chitin+8 and have the upgradeable versions of dd helm, spear def boots, and club pauldron.

for rings, rols are the completely ideal rings for a pure int tank priest. i would use rols over rofs. ROF will give you 1 more health pt, 8 more str pts, 8 more mp points, 1 more dex pt, and 30fr in place of 20lr for you. so, all you gain from that is a mere 1 health point (translates to 15-16 hp) and some useless fire resist whereas you lose your most valuable resist.. lightning.

i don&#39;t believe priests stress resists at all anymore. resists are important and definitely should be taken care of before heading into areas such as hp. ROL is the completely ideal ring for an int tank priest as it gives
    -50ac <- unparalleled by any +0 ring other than rof
    -7health <- large hp bonus
    -50hp <- why not
    -20lr <- most underestimated and underutilized part of the ring.

if you are slow, you can still heal, you can still cure, you can still function (maybe you can&#39;t chase but that&#39;s definitely not as important as the aforementioned)
    if you are stunned, on the other hand, you will lose the ability to do anything at all for the party and yourself other than potting.

belt
    obviously you should use a weapon defense belt. should get the highest ac you can get on the belt meaning iron belt over glass belt.

earrings
    earrings are possibly the most arguable part to an int priest. many earrings will work fine and serve its purpose. i, being a resist whore, would prefer to have a decent +1-2 warrior earring and a +1-2 sse or be. really aren&#39;t very many wrong answers for this as long as you get some ac, hp, or resists which almost all earrings have.

hammer
    lycaon hammer over lobo hammer. lobo hammer does indeed have the same lr as a lycaon hammer, but it lacks the fr/gr. i said before that fr/gr are not as important as lr but they are definitely still important nonetheless. losing 45 flame and glacier resist (that&#39;s only comparing +6 hammers) is a big deal especially if you are using the fp wep def armors. i use a lycaon hammer anyways and i am chitin +8 build so i gain some resists from my build to begin with. the gr is not as important as lr but it is more important than the ~170 hp you will gain. 170 hp does not mean much at all anymore in this cz (and at level 72 you will be pushing quite a bit of hp regardless) and coupled with full heal a small change like 170 will not make or break your character. 45 fr/gr will give you the edge to simply keep moving through a mage party dropping novas on your party.

necklace
    EP+2. yes, i said it. fuck the IN. this is the item that i have been pushing the idea of for a while now and most priests just stick to the IN build anyways. sure, this gear alternative is DEFINITELY not for everyone. strictly for priests that have
    1. chitin shield
    2. iron/glass belt
    3. OTHER forms of weapon defense in armor

that already narrows down the general priest population quite a bit but if you have all that AND an IN, the difference of 10 weapon defense will be miniscule.

for example, let&#39;s say that a warrior normally hits for ~1000 without a shield, belt, or weapon defense armors (being pretty lenient). chitin shield gets calculated first and drops that damage to ~500. then comes your weapon defense armors (let&#39;s assume the least and say you are on a newer server and can only have +8/17 spear def chitin boots) which drops it to ~415. then comes your belt which drops it to ~373.5 damage. here the IN would be calculated, dropping the damage to ~336.15. and then the absolutness comes in dropping it to a total of 302.535. without the IN the total damage would be 336.15, making the grand total of change to be 34 damage. i&#39;m not doubting that some of my math is wrong, but i think 1000 was a fairly lenient damage count to begin with.

on the other hand you can gain 300 hp, 28 ac (huge), and 200mp/10int (large amount of mana eh?). no, my math isn&#39;t wrong, i&#39;m assuming that the 20 health from the IN cancels out the 20 health from the ep+2 when comparing the 2.

so, rather than be stuck with 10 wep def that gets counted last on the final damage count, i believe the 28ac (i think this gets calculated before the weapon defense gets calculated), 300 hp, and loads of mana is a much greater alternative than the mere ~34 damage reduction you see from an IN. these are all assuming the worst possible circumstances for the state of your gear. if you play on an older server and have access to spear def gaunts and boots, then the damage difference seen is even less.

well, if you truly have an unlimited budget.. make it an ep+3 (i can dream) and its virtually no competition.

and i&#39;d like to take a moment here before people scream dagger defense and say that a sin should not be a threat at all for an int priest compared to a warrior.

reasoning behind this:
    a sin&#39;s damage on you as an int priest comes from three skills, spike, thrust, and bloody beast. normally, these do not even end up hitting all too hard as you get hit ~700 tops for spike/bb and ~400-500 with thrust. sure, that is a lot of damage, but keep in mind these skills are definitely not spammable.. once the sin uses these he has nothing left and is stuck using r hits / weak skills which end up doing ~100-200 damage tops. this is where you pot and debuff him and he runs away. as a level 72 priest, if you are a chitin build, you should be pushing like 6.5k hp to begin with anyways so there is no way you will die from even the 3 hardest hits with r hits in between. wait for the sin&#39;s spike, throw a 10k heal, massive? parasite? torment? w/e you want. a parasited rogue goes down pretty fast if you are pking with decent warriors.

a warrior on the other hand spams a consistent damage which will always need your attention. so you need to concentrate on that the most.[/b]

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Wrooooooooooooooong section.

Thanks for moving my topic. I appologize for the wrong section

I think it&#39;s a pretty nice guide. I only got a question wouldn&#39;t it be better if u did like for example : 60 duff 45 heal 10 master? or would that be shitty to put points in master?[/b]
    Again this is a matter of likes and dislikes: If your a tankpriest its your job to heal your party, and you can only pk with a party. One could choose for party heals which heals his entire party fastly in dire situations, or one could choose to have some damage reduction. In my own opinion the party heals outweigh the 10% reduction, you have afterall, your weapon defences from shield, belt, weapon defence armor etc that cover a large part of that, aswell as your total ac. At lvl 70 i pk&#39;d with my stats 60/60 and i never had any problems with tanking ( even without a glass belt / rolls i could tank a party without breaking a sweat .)

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

For the duffer part, it&#39;s honestly pretty stupid to be parasiting anybody first.
    Think about it - a mage probably has 5k HP. Parasite them, they&#39;ll be down to, what, 2.5k? They&#39;ll still have that 900-1k AC, you&#39;ll still be spiking them for 800-900, HS for 600-ish. So, no matter what, it&#39;s still out-healable.

However, if you malice them, you&#39;ll be spiking 1.4k+, and HSing for about 900-1k. Who cares if they have 5k HP? There&#39;s no way you can outpot 1k spam damage, and if you split up your pressure correctly, there&#39;s no way you can outheal that (with decent comboers).

For the duffer part, it&#39;s honestly pretty stupid to be parasiting anybody first.
    Think about it - a mage probably has 5k HP. Parasite them, they&#39;ll be down to, what, 2.5k? They&#39;ll still have that 900-1k AC, you&#39;ll still be spiking them for 800-900, HS for 600-ish. So, no matter what, it&#39;s still out-healable.

However, if you malice them, you&#39;ll be spiking 1.4k+, and HSing for about 900-1k. Who cares if they have 5k HP? There&#39;s no way you can outpot 1k spam damage, and if you split up your pressure correctly, there&#39;s no way you can outheal that (with decent comboers).[/b]
    Noted.

Lag0nx

if u parasite a redballed target sometimes it&#39;ll make him be able to town.
    also keep in mind if u have a mage or most of ur party is mages that malice/torment doesnt help them as much and u should parasite most targets because that the debuff that helps most while being in a mage party.
    nice guide

if your parties usually have allot of healers [clan] u should think of going subsider, it rocks.

up

BoiledFrogs

Nice Guide It will help alot of noobie preists

Nice Guide It will help alot of noobie preists [/b]

thanks

and

bump

I disagree with the Debuff

If duffer: go 60 duff 60 heal first, rest of skill distrebution is up to you.[/b]
    At Level 70, I would much rather go 60 heal, 57 debuff and 5 for absoluteness. Your goal as the tank priest is to keep your party alive... but that of course can only happen if you can stay alive. So... Absoluteness > Massive.

Everything else I like, except maybe the whole IN vs EP2 part :S But yeah I guess if you have CS/IB taking an EP2 would be reasonable. Anyway I&#39;ll never have a CS since they stopped dropping so one day gotta get me an IN xD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast