• Nicely worked out, very informative

28 34.57%
  • Its ... decent

36 44.44%
  • You suck

17 20.99%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My priest guide

This is a discussion on My priest guide within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i didn't read everything carefully but my first observations are : - syphioric+7 > dotl+7, at least for a fp ...
Page: 2

i didn't read everything carefully but my first observations are :

- syphioric+7 > dotl+7, at least for a fp build (and probably for a chitin gob build too) and since u already wear a dd helmet
    - ss > dotl if u wear dd helmet, lower ac but higher hp/resist, str bonus (), what's the use having higher def against that little sin while this little light mage is constantly stunning you and you can't heal you and your party .
    - level 70 duffer = 60 heal, 57 duff, 5 master, massive is not that important, most of the time u don't have time to use it between cure, heal, torment and parasite, but absoluteness is always active.
    - priest chitin set+8 can go up to 391 ac with shell gaunts+8 (same req than chitin pauldron+8), same observation for fp+8 build with chitin gaunts+8
    - systematic use of dd helmet is not that obvious, for example my priest got 1450+ ac, 7500+ hp with CS, IN, IB, valkyrie ac and ac350 + hp2k + armor enchant, most of the time i have a lot more high level warrior than high level sin hitting me, using my fp+6 dd wouldn't be a good choice at that moment.
    - chitin +8 build is +20 hp stat, not +16 (4 str + 16 int)
    - don't know for the ep+2 > in part (i think it depends if u wear dd helmet or not ), never tried, but i'm pretty sure wp+2 > ep+2 because of resists and str bonus (i'm using helis a lot even in int mode , and having more pots is still a good idea), same applies to wp+0 and ep+0.
    - be+0 suck, i even prefer quest earring. be+1 is correct earring
    - light is more annoying than fire so if u have correct overall resist (let's say 150+), dual rol > rof/rol (except if u use helis a lot like me :P)
    - pking with 60 in buff is useless, go xp to 74 for group cure (first correct skill for pk buffer) instead .
    - lupus is a nice hammer since his "update" (hp/int bonus now), better than sh/dth for a real int priest (one who heal and don't hit :P)

Wink

Priest Chitin Shell set +8
    Stat requirements: 108 Str / 190 Int
    Advantages : high ac. ( 515ac)
    Dissadvantages : lower hp due to a high int requirement.

Priest Chitin set +8
    Stat requirements: 104 Str / 174 Int
    Advantages : high ac ( 477ac ), higher hp ( + 16 hp stats )*
    Dissadvantages: Still a reasonable high int requirement
    482ac with Shell+8 guantlest (same int as chitin +8 pauldron)

Priest Chitin goblin built
    Consists of: Chitin goblin pauldron / pad, chitin +8 gaunts, chitin rb+4 boots
    Stat requirements: 96 Str / 160 Int
    Advantages : high ac ( 351 ), higher hp ( + 30 hp stats )*, 32 resistance to all.
    Dissadvantages: somewhat lower ac than with chitin+8

Priest Fp +8
    Stat requirements: 101 Str / 158 Int
    Advantages : medium ac ( 374 ), higher hp ( + 32 hp stats )*
    Dissadvantages: the ac is lower, but still reasonable.

Priest Fp goblin built
    Stat requirements: 95 Str / 146 Int
    Advantages : medium ac ( 272 ), Higher hp ( + 44 hp stats ), 32 resistances to all.

(IMO, def and Elemantal Def isn't worthit if it doesn't reach the next 100th
    so WE's would be nice if you have like 182 resistances and wana boost it to 200
    I dunno, its my opinion...)

Priest Chitin Shell set +8
    Stat requirements: 108 Str / 190 Int
    Advantages : high ac. ( 515ac)
    Dissadvantages : lower hp due to a high int requirement.

Priest Chitin set +8
    Stat requirements: 104 Str / 174 Int
    Advantages : high ac ( 477ac ), higher hp ( + 16 hp stats )*
    Dissadvantages: Still a reasonable high int requirement
    482ac with Shell+8 guantlest (same int as chitin +8 pauldron)

Priest Chitin goblin built
    Consists of: Chitin goblin pauldron / pad, chitin +8 gaunts, chitin rb+4 boots
    Stat requirements: 96 Str / 160 Int
    Advantages : high ac ( 351 ), higher hp ( + 30 hp stats )*, 32 resistance to all.
    Dissadvantages: somewhat lower ac than with chitin+8

Priest Fp +8
    Stat requirements: 101 Str / 158 Int
    Advantages : medium ac ( 374 ), higher hp ( + 32 hp stats )*

Priest Fp goblin built
    Stat requirements: 95 Str / 146 Int
    Advantages : medium ac ( 272 ), Higher hp ( + 44 hp stats ), 32 resistances to all.

(IMO, def and Elemantal Def isn't worthit if it doesn't reach the next 100th
    so WE's would be nice if you have like 182 resistances and wana boost it to 200
    I dunno, its my opinion...)
    [/b]
    He said with dd helmet

I disagree with the Debuff

At Level 70, I would much rather go 60 heal, 57 debuff and 5 for absoluteness. Your goal as the tank priest is to keep your party alive... but that of course can only happen if you can stay alive. So... Absoluteness > Massive.

Everything else I like, except maybe the whole IN vs EP2 part :S But yeah I guess if you have CS/IB taking an EP2 would be reasonable. Anyway I'll never have a CS since they stopped dropping so one day gotta get me an IN xD[/b]

Good point, noted

- syphioric+7 > dotl+7, at least for a fp build (and probably for a chitin gob build too) and since u already wear a dd helmet
    - ss > dotl if u wear dd helmet, lower ac but higher hp/resist, str bonus ( ), what's the use having higher def against that little sin while this little light mage is constantly stunning you and you can't heal you and your party .
    - level 70 duffer = 60 heal, 57 duff, 5 master, massive is not that important, most of the time u don't have time to use it between cure, heal, torment and parasite, but absoluteness is always active.
    - priest chitin set+8 can go up to 391 ac with shell gaunts+8 (same req than chitin pauldron+8), same observation for fp+8 build with chitin gaunts+8
    - systematic use of dd helmet is not that obvious, for example my priest got 1450+ ac, 7500+ hp with CS, IN, IB, valkyrie ac and ac350 + hp2k + armor enchant, most of the time i have a lot more high level warrior than high level sin hitting me, using my fp+6 dd wouldn't be a good choice at that moment.
    - don't know for the ep+2 > in part (i think it depends if u wear dd helmet or not ), never tried, but i'm pretty sure wp+2 > ep+2 because of resists and str bonus (i'm using helis a lot even in int mode , and having more pots is still a good idea), same applies to wp+0 and ep+0.
    - light is more annoying than fire so if u have correct overall resist (let's say 150+), dual rol > rof/rol (except if u use helis a lot like me :P )
    - pking with 60 in buff is useless, go xp to 74 for group cure (first correct skill for pk buffer) instead .
    - lupus is a nice hammer since his "update" (hp/int bonus now), better than sh/dth for a real int priest (one who heal and don't hit :P )[/b]
    Several good points. However be's +0 arent bad for the poor priests out there. I said i didn't include the str stats gained, because these are determined by what shield you wear/what mace you wear. The only hp gains i stated are the ones you gain by lowering the int requirement of your armor. Its still my opinion you should always have your dd hat, Its not a bad idea to have a normal helmet allong with you incase you need a couple of extra ac's against warriors, but its not really necessairy to have.

Wink

- syphioric+7 > dotl+7, at least for a fp build (and probably for a chitin gob build too) and since u already wear a dd helmet (+1) but, there are more sins that any other char so a high DD is kinda important...
    - ss > dotl if u wear dd helmet, lower ac but higher hp/resist, str bonus (), what's the use having higher def against that little sin while this little light mage is constantly stunning you and you can't heal you and your party . (+1) Lr in the SS more important than def and wep. def on DotL....-
    level 70 duffer = 60 heal, 57 duff, 5 master, massive is not that important, most of the time u don't have time to use it between cure, heal, torment and parasite, but absoluteness is always active. (+1) you should have high ac and wep def to hold on on pots against variable enemies and with the lvl 65 master skill...
    - priest chitin set+8 can go up to 391 ac with shell gaunts+8 (same req than chitin pauldron+8), (+1) True but the def is 482, not 391...
    same observation for fp+8 build with chitin gaunts+8 (+1) same goes with FP+8 build but FP+9 gaunts > chitin+8 gaunts
    NOTE: True but not every1 can have a CS or IN + IB...so a 40spear/axe/club would work nice in this case in addition with some FP weap def
    - light is more annoying than fire so if u have correct overall resist (let's say 150+), dual rol > rof/rol (except if u use helis a lot like me :P) (+1)
    - lupus is a nice hammer since his "update" (hp/int bonus now), better than sh/dth for a real int priest (one who heal and don't hit :P)[/b]

IMO, you should get the highest "REASONABLE" AC>Light Ressist>fire Resist>HP>Glacier Resist in that order
    that way you can hold on againts variable enemies, without getting stuned while healing party members...
    s, for those buffers like me, they should hold on 720 pots while healing some1 else if you don't have party heal yet...

IMO, you should get the highest "REASONABLE" AC>Light Ressist>fire Resist>HP>Glacier Resist in that order
    that way you can hold on againts variable enemies, without getting stuned while healing party members...
    s, for those buffers like me, they should hold on 720 pots while healing some1 else if you don't have party heal yet...
    [/b]

the order you put them in is quite interesting. Would it be wrong to say hp = glacier resist, cuz not getting slowed is important aswell i think, thats what gets you killed when your running from a party, getting slowed.

and the armors i don't include the ac from helmets, i only add up pauldron pad boots and gaunts.

I think it's a pretty nice guide. I only got a question wouldn't it be better if u did like for example : 60 duff 45 heal 10 master? or would that be shitty to put points in master?[/b]
    If you want to be able to effectivly keep your party members alive, one should get full heals most off all, duffs / buffs are secundairy to that, and master even more. However, if you are high enough lvl to have full heals / duffs and 10 in master thats what i would advice you to do

Talking

the order you put them in is quite interesting. Would it be wrong to say hp = glacier resist, cuz not getting slowed is important aswell i think, thats what gets you killed when your running from a party, getting slowed.

and the armors i don't include the ac from helmets, i only add up pauldron pad boots and gaunts. [/b]
    KK, I understand about the armor now...

About the glacier resist, that's why we priest have cure curse
    LR is important so you don't get stunned
    FR cause most mages are fire mages and mage skils mage a lot of DMG
    With my priest I really go DEF>LR>HP cause with large amounts of HP, I would have enough time to heal myself forom anydmg inflicten\ted by various mages

KK, I understand about the armor now...

About the glacier resist, that's why we priest have cure curse
    LR is important so you don't get stunned
    FR cause most mages are fire mages and mage skils mage a lot of DMG
    With my priest I really go DEF>LR>HP cause with large amounts of HP, I would have enough time to heal myself forom anydmg inflicten\ted by various mages[/b]
    AC>Light Ressist>fire Resist>HP>Glacier Resist ,

noted ( jewlery )

bumb, any more comments, things i should add / change / remove ?

bd-hoz

bumb, any more comments, things i should add / change / remove ?[/b]
    shell advantages:

1-good AC... 2-Insane mana bar, you can heal pot alot more often and this is important. healing with 1920 while takin a 720 HP pot is awesome cause even if it's cancel, you still heal for 720. with the FP and chit build, you need to soul pot more often.
    3-resist are really high cause when you put points in INT after 100, it boost your resist. it's a big advantage if you can't afford dual ROL/WE

shell advantages:

1-good AC... 2-Insane mana bar, you can heal pot alot more often and this is important. healing with 1920 while takin a 720 HP pot is awesome cause even if it's cancel, you still heal for 720. with the FP and chit build, you need to soul pot more often.
    3-resist are really high cause when you put points in INT after 100, it boost your resist. it's a big advantage if you can't afford dual ROL/WE
    [/b]

good point, noted

=> Armor build i tried and which is working nicely : 160 int for chitin gob pad & pauldron + fp dd helmet + fp +8/+9 boots and gaunts. A lot better than both your fp build in my mind, and very nice for someone who switch between shield + priest mace & 2H club a lot without restating (i'm bp atm :P, ss "int" and ss bp from some times ago for those who wanna see ).
    => Having 180+ lr is a must, choose your jewelry considering that : we (over sse), rol (over rof) and even wp (over in, but only if you wear cs or shield of player + IB, otherwise always prefer in) are best choice if you don't have 180+ lr without them. Having lycaon hammer helps a lot. Going one grade higher or using gob for armor helps too.
    => Having 5k+ mana is a must, could be a good reason for choosing ce instead of we or wse instead of sse.
    => Shell build is good only if it don&#39;t lower your life too much (base hp > 3.5k) and you need a larger mana bar (< 5k)

For me, armor build is very dependent on shield you have, my order of preference is :
    1.Chitin Shield build : you&#39;ll need a dd helmet if your ac is not high enough to resist against sins (let&#39;s say 1400+ ac).
    2.Shield of Player build : same (+ need high str so using chitin +8 build or perhaps shell build is a good idea).
    3.Syphioric build : same.
    4.Scorpion Shield build : low ac and no def ability, holy animor + a lot of def ability on armor will probably be the best choice, personally i&#39;ll use fp gob pad/pauldron + fp dd 25 helmet + fp boots/gaunts def spear 20 to walk in cz with that one (and some def ax in inventory in case you meet some avedon users).
    5.Defender of the Lord build : correct ac but a lack of def ability, need high str so using chitin +8 build is a good idea, having full set of chitin def armor is very important too in my mind.

=> Armor build i tried and which is working nicely : 160 int for chitin gob pad & pauldron + fp dd helmet + fp +8/+9 boots and gaunts. A lot better than both your fp build in my mind, and very nice for someone who switch between shield + priest mace & 2H club a lot without restating (i&#39;m bp atm :P , ss "int" and ss bp from some times ago for those who wanna see ).
    => Having 180+ lr is a must, choose your jewelry considering that : we (over sse), rol (over rof) and even wp (over in, but only if you wear cs or shield of player + IB, otherwise always prefer in) are best choice if you don&#39;t have 180+ lr without them. Having lycaon hammer helps a lot. Going one grade higher or using gob for armor helps too.
    => Having 5k+ mana is a must, could be a good reason for choosing ce instead of we or wse instead of sse.
    => Shell build is good only if it don&#39;t lower your life too much (base hp > 3.5k) and you need a larger mana bar (< 5k)

For me, armor build is very dependent on shield you have, my order of preference is :
    1.Chitin Shield build : you&#39;ll need a dd helmet if your ac is not high enough to resist against sins (let&#39;s say 1400+ ac).
    2.Shield of Player build : same (+ need high str so using chitin +8 build or perhaps shell build is a good idea).
    3.Syphioric build : same.
    4.Scorpion Shield build : low ac and no def ability, holy animor + a lot of def ability on armor will probably be the best choice, personally i&#39;ll use fp gob pad/pauldron + fp dd 25 helmet + fp boots/gaunts def spear 20 to walk in cz with that one (and some def ax in inventory in case you meet some avedon users).
    5.Defender of the Lord build : correct ac but a lack of def ability, need high str so using chitin +8 build is a good idea, having full set of chitin def armor is very important too in my mind.[/b]
    i hope you don&#39;t mind if i just copy your order of shields, it makes quite allot of sense so ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast