Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ilterates
  • 2 Post By razor

need help understanding Archer skill bar set up/item build

This is a discussion on need help understanding Archer skill bar set up/item build within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I have started to play a private server with a couple of friends and since i've been out of the ...
Page: 1

Default need help understanding Archer skill bar set up/item build

I have started to play a private server with a couple of friends and since i've been out of the loop for a few years I am obviously not very aware of the new changes that have occurred.

Could some nice chap give me an idea on the basic set up for items and skill bar that archers use these days? Any help would be much appreciated.

Little archer Senior Member

I can help, but first I must know what's the version of the private server (KE, RoFD or the latest).

I am currently playing the Titan server

MaxKo -(TITANKO)- Light Farm / PK SERVER

also if yourself or anyone knows what the endgame items are for a sin/archer on this server that would be greatly appreciated. Its a little difficult to find information on the subject

I'm not as good as razor but one thing I've noticed is that with especially servers like MAXKO where you have lots of HP, it's better to invest in HP accessories for vs. I could be wrong but it's something you can look into.
    Dumar likes this.

Little archer Senior Member

Was giving a quick look to the server so called tutorials and found at least 10 custom items that I know nothing about, so I'm afraid I can't help you regarding BiS stuff and such.

As for the skill bar, I have an identical F1 and F2, only changing the skills 3,4,5 and 6. In F1 those slots are occupied by arrow shower, multiple shot and blow arrow (melee range skills) and F2 has the long range ones (Dark pursuer, ice and lightning shot, blinding strafe). The other slots are for potions / light feet / minor or whatever you want to put in there, keep in mind that these slots are identical in their position in both F1 and F2 (if you have soul pot in 2 in F1, then you will also have it in 2 in F2).

From there it should be easy to create a skill bar with the rest of the supporting skills and leftover archer stuff. Near 1-5 what you use often (closer to WASD) and 6-7-8 for those things that are only casted every now and then (Hide, Swift). My F3 looks like this in the server I play:

Evade and Safety are close because you need quick access to them. Weapon Cancellation in F3-4 for a quick access. Ignore Swift. Both Swift and Wolf need a better position in my skill bar seeing how they are not that high up in the priority list. Power shot in F3-6 due to its large cooldown (It could fit in F1-F2 though if you're the kind of player to use light feet in right click, or to put it outside F1 / F2). Then minor and soul to mimic the other skill bars.

F4 I put stuff like cure curses, magic shields, hide, etc. F5 I keep poison arrows in there. F6-F7 can have whatever. F8 for scrolls. Hope this was useful
    NuclearWinter and Dumar like this.

much appreciated. thank you razor

I would love to see other archers reply to this thread with guides/tips/pointers. A few people I have spoken to are very interested in the idea of seeing some updated archer guides and to be honest I have spent many hours searching for guides only to come up short. Anything posted will be appreciated.

And to anyone thinking of possibly trying archer - watch razors video to get a feel for how archers pk. it really is a grand video and has some great pk moments