Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Babashopper?

This is a discussion on Babashopper? within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I've thought about it and wondered about it, when do you recognize a user as a babashopper? How much usd ...
Page: 1

Question Babashopper?

I've thought about it and wondered about it, when do you recognize a user as a babashopper? How much usd must he have spent on his character to be recognized as a babashopper? I'm also asking this question because I want to confirm if I'm a babashopper or not. Thanks.

As soon as you buy one item with usd your considered a babashopper.

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by halelus07 View Post
    I've thought about it and wondered about it, when do you recognize a user as a babashopper? How much usd must he have spent on his character to be recognized as a babashopper? I'm also asking this question because I want to confirm if I'm a babashopper or not. Thanks.
    well people on cwest will recognize someone as a baba as soon as they beat them in a vs hehe

Personally I define babashoppers as people who spend more $$$ then normal people to get the items they want to have an advantage / not having to work for it over others.

Theres also people who just buy gold and use it for "basic" gear too just compete a little bit, tho ofc they are rare

But as said above technicly anyone that has ever bougth from goldfarmers or spent USD to get something ingame (excluding PUS) is considered babashopping.

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgske View Post
    Personally I define babashoppers as people who spend more $$$ then normal people to get the items they want to have an advantage / not having to work for it over others.

Theres also people who just buy gold and use it for "basic" gear too just compete a little bit, tho ofc they are rare

But as said above technicly anyone that has ever bougth from goldfarmers or spent USD to get something ingame (excluding PUS) is considered babashopping.
    not have to work for it? whats your definition of work? last i checked you had to work a lot harder in real life to earn enough money for good items, rather then playing a computer game 24/7.
    Last edited by trytankme; 04-18-2011 at 01:35 AM.

if you have anything shiny and ppl are jealous....u would be called baba :P!

Different people have different points of view.

Purist - someone who has never bought premium, KC, or items with USD. These people are about as rare as a 4 leaf clover.

K2/G1 supporter - KC and premium only (purists still call these people baba's)

If you buy things with USD (gold, items, accounts, etc..) outside of K2/G1, then you are a baba (K2/G1 suporter views this as baba'ing even though they are technically spending the same USD amounts while this group is cutting out the middleman, ie. K2/G1)

Personally, I take the view of a purist and claim most everyone is a baba. It helps me sleep at night since most people have, at some point, spent real money on this game. There's no difference in someone who has bought GB's from a reseller and someone who buys items on this forum. 1$ purchase = baba.

When you start getting into +9/+10 high class weaps and armor, unless you have been playing a long time to rack up enough boss drops or make insane amounts of money from the market, that's when I say "crazy baba".

This is all just MHO though and opinions are just like a-holes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

D44N

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckyb0by View Post
    Different people have different points of view.

Purist - someone who has never bought premium, KC, or items with USD. These people are about as rare as a 4 leaf clover.

K2/G1 supporter - KC and premium only (purists still call these people baba's)

If you buy things with USD (gold, items, accounts, etc..) outside of K2/G1, then you are a baba (K2/G1 suporter views this as baba'ing even though they are technically spending the same USD amounts while this group is cutting out the middleman, ie. K2/G1)

Personally, I take the view of a purist and claim most everyone is a baba. It helps me sleep at night since most people have, at some point, spent real money on this game. There's no difference in someone who has bought GB's from a reseller and someone who buys items on this forum. 1$ purchase = baba.

When you start getting into +9/+10 high class weaps and armor, unless you have been playing a long time to rack up enough boss drops or make insane amounts of money from the market, that's when I say "crazy baba".

This is all just MHO though and opinions are just like a-holes. Everyone has them, and they all stink.

Just logged in this forum; which I rarely do, to reply to what you've written.

Just wanted to say that your post was very well thought-out and written. Good job!

I also agree with everything you've said, besides the a-hole part, because your opinion didn't stink rofl.

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trytankme View Post
    not have to work for it? whats your definition of work? last i checked you had to work a lot harder in real life to earn enough money for good items, rather then playing a computer game 24/7.
    This. Obviously he has never been out there to make some real money. Once he does he would know what work means....lolz

I was hoping to get a value that tells me when I exceed and reach the "Babashop" level, but I clearly misunderstood the term "Baba" and "Babashoppers" as I thought they were the ones who spent alot of usd on this game. But it seems you will be considered a Babashopper as soon as you spend usd on this game aside from PUS.

halelus07 I love the GIF in your sig...

hmm... yea thats a tricky question as stated everyone has different opinions. i would say once you start spendiing 500$+ for a single item you start to get in "my" babashopper radar XD. if your entire account is worth less than that..you are most likely someone just like me..who works 2 jobs all day, or someone with a family,job,wife,school etc.. and just do not have all day long to sit in their mothers basement and go to every ko event to make money :\.

not to go off topic..but if you play strictly dcz...there is barely ANY way for you to get money without babashopping unless you have been playing on server for a long time and have enough money to gamble with and end up lucky. Or unless you got time to merch and resell and go to every event during the day. With the new chaos stone inbowl at dcz..waiting on a boss drop could take months....and the odds of that boss drop after months being worth over 2gb is unlikely. and the odds of you being in a party with someone that wont scam it is highly unlikely.

/ end rant.

ps. yea halelus from the "buying" topics ive seen of yours in the past..you just might be leaning towards babashopper status..just maybe. :P

Alright, it's determined, I'm definitely a babashopper. A big one actually...

Android Man Senior Member E Mon's Avatar

Babashoppers are ppl who wanna play and get some fun for shorter time so dont want to waste that time in trading then they buy items and then sell when they get bored

Banned

Would you concider me a baba-shopper?

I've bought several items, I've geared my whole character with USD....but....

I have never spent one USD on this game minus KC. In fact, I made money. I started early enough to gain a pretty good amount of value with buying and trading(in game). I quit, sold off everything I ever made(usd). When I started back up, I spent less then I did before and I even ended up with better gear (market changed from time off).

So, before I quit, I never bought and item, and i never bought one untill after i sold off my gear that I earned, but then came back and fully geared a character via USD....am I a baba-shopper?

____bottom line: at this point in USKO, who really gives a fuck? Have what little fun you can!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast