Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reselling tips?

This is a discussion on Reselling tips? within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I heard many people do this to make alot of money. I got a few questions.. If anyone here do ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default Reselling tips?

I heard many people do this to make alot of money. I got a few questions..
    If anyone here do this technique, how much money have you made doing this?
    What specific items do you usually look for to do this?

I got 20 gb to start .

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jap190 View Post
    I heard many people do this to make alot of money. I got a few questions..
    If anyone here do this technique, how much money have you made doing this?
    What specific items do you usually look for to do this?

I got 20 gb to start .
    Regarding how much money u can make out of it - a lot.

I started with 0 cash and made 70gb+ in like 3 months. And that was with ZERO to start with.

20 gb will be a lot better. Basically you just need to learn the prices of the market, whats cheap? whats expensive? How many people want this item? How many of this items are there? How long will it take me to resell it?

You just need to spend sometime going over all the shops. If you really want go write down the prices of all the items you see and check out whats their average cost.

"What specific items do you look for" - Basically anything that is cheap and you can sell it fast enough. AND ofcourse think of how much profit you are gonna make out of it.

50m is nice profit right? WRONG - it depends on how much you spent on making that 50m profit, it depends in what context you made that profit. What i mean is let's say you buy something for 100m and make 50m profit - thats 50% profit and damn tats nice. But let's say you spent 10gb on something and make only 50m profit and you wasted 4 days trying to sell it... That kinda sucks.

Try to see if prices are dropping/going up on some items. If they drop sell that item fast / go up you might think of buying one fast for cheap and selling it when it reaches it's peak price.

Hope this helps.

Edit: You sometimes can buy something you know won't sell straight away if you know you have money lying around anywayz, so you might as well use it.

Edit 2: I got reminded that the most steady profit is buying BUS for like 2.3m and reselling it for 2.5m.
    Last edited by MushtMan; 04-20-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MushtMan View Post
    Regarding how much money u can make out of it - a lot.

I started with 0 cash and made 70gb+ in like 3 months. And that was with ZERO to start with.

20 gb will be a lot better. Basically you just need to learn the prices of the market, whats cheap? whats expensive? How many people want this item? How many of this items are there? How long will it take me to resell it?

You just need to spend sometime going over all the shops. If you really want go write down the prices of all the items you see and check out whats their average cost.

"What specific items do you look for" - Basically anything that is cheap and you can sell it fast enough. AND ofcourse think of how much profit you are gonna make out of it.

50m is nice profit right? WRONG - it depends on how much you spent on making that 50m profit, it depends in what context you made that profit. What i mean is let's say you buy something for 100m and make 50m profit - thats 50% profit and damn tats nice. But let's say you spent 10gb on something and make only 50m profit and you wasted 4 days trying to sell it... That kinda sucks.

Try to see if prices are dropping/going up on some items. If they drop sell that item fast / go up you might think of buying one fast for cheap and selling it when it reaches it's peak price.

Hope this helps.

Edit: You sometimes can buy something you know won't sell straight away if you know you have money lying around anywayz, so you might as well use it.

Edit 2: I got reminded that the most steady profit is buying BUS for like 2.3m and reselling it for 2.5m.
    holy shit dude... 0 to 70gb??!

Whats the average profit you make a day?

I resell trinas, BUS, and armor/weapon enchants. I'm not setting the world on fire, but it makes me money. 20 GB is a great start, and it helps if you can have your merch up for long periods of time (like all day at home when you are at work, school, etc.). Patience will make you money in the long run, don't get frustrated if you don't sell something right away. You'll find your own tricks along the way

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dansanchez80 View Post
    I resell trinas, BUS, and armor/weapon enchants. I'm not setting the world on fire, but it makes me money. 20 GB is a great start, and it helps if you can have your merch up for long periods of time (like all day at home when you are at work, school, etc.). Patience will make you money in the long run, don't get frustrated if you don't sell something right away. You'll find your own tricks along the way
    yeah I can have merch up 24/7, time is all good for me

1. You have to study the market. Follow price changes, check which items people are looking for & how much they are willing to pay.
    2. When I played I used to resell items like iron neck, iron belt, glass belt, skeleton belt, shard+8, raptor+8, ii+8, hb+7, roc, rol and other items that people were looking for all the time.
    3. If you spend a lot of time in moradon (not being AFK), you will probably find some nice deals because sometimes people are desperate to sell/buy things and are willing to sell cheap/buy expensive.
    4. Also, I usually didn't buy items that many people (+3) were selling at the same time. If there is too much competition, it's hard to sell the item for a high (and profitable) price. Sometimes it helps to be one of the first people to login after a server restart, because there's a better chance you'll be the only one merchanting the item for a while, and a better chance someone will buy it.
    5. Reselling cheaper items like trinas, gems and chests can get you nice profits if there isn't too much competition.
    6. Always start with very low offers when you try to buy something for reselling. Some people might just accept them, and if not, you can raise the offer a bit, so it will still be a low offer (lower than the average value, so you can resell it).
    Remember, never look desperate. If someone wants more than what you're willing to pay, just say no thanks.
    7. Don't look desperate when selling items, because it will just make people give you lower offers. Stay cool.
    If someone gives you a terrible offer, say no ty and let them go. They might come back with a better offer.
    If someone gives you a normal offer and you're happy with the profit you'll make, go for it - unless you are absolutely sure you can sell it for more.
    If someone gives you a good offer, don't accept it right away - it might make the buyer think he's paying too much. Act like you're unsure if the deal is good for you. Say things like: "i'm not sure if i should sell it for that price... dunno if it's worth it", "hmm... let me think", "i guess its a decent offer.. ok...".
    8. Never take hard-to-sell items in trades, unless you KNOW someone who is looking for it. For example, someone offers you a trade that includes a white dragon necklace+2. AFAIK, that's kinda hard to sell - so in most cases, don't take it (Don't just deny the offer - tell them you don't want the WDN+2. They might offer something else instead). In case you happen to know someone who is looking for a WDN+2, pm them first and see what they are willing to pay. If you like their offer, do the trade and sell the WDN+2.
    9. If you already have items you bought for reselling and someone is selling something that is easier to sell than the item you already have, try to offer them the item(s)+coins (assuming their item costs more than yours). For example, if you have a skeleton belt and someone is selling an iron belt, try to get it for the skeleton belt+coins. If you manage to do this, it's a double profit - for both the skeleton belt and the iron belt - because you got the skeleton cheap, but in the trade for the ib, it counts as the average price and not the cheap price you got it for - so basically it's like you sold the skeleton belt (and made profit).
    10. Always remember - BUY LOW SELL HIGH - max out your profits!. Always pay lower than the real/average price, and always sell for a high price (overprice!). If you know what you're doing and people really want your item, it WILL be sold. Don't worry. And if you've waited long enough and nobody bought it, you can just sell it for the average price and make a smaller profit. If you still can't sell it (which is unlikely if you did your homework and it's an item people always need), you can sell it for the price you got it for (which is lower than average, so it shouldn't be so hard to sell) just to get rid of it so you won't lose money.
    11. Get as many people as you can to know what you're selling!
    - If you're in moradon - shout all the time using /macro
    - Set up your merchant in a place where most people walk by. Many people believe the inn hostess is a good place for this, however I think it's best to be on top of the stairs.
    - PM your friends from other clans and ask them to tell their clan/alliance what you're selling
    - King chat is overrated. It almost never helped me, but if the king is already doing some selling notices for people, ask for one too - it's worth a try.
    - Shout when waiting for Juraid Mountatin, even if you're not 70+. I don't know if it's still the same, but when I used to play there were many people in eslant town during the 10 minute wait.

Damn, I must be bored if I wrote all of this. lol.

I am also looking for nice ways to start making money with around 80m.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
    1. You have to study the market. Follow price changes, check which items people are looking for & how much they are willing to pay.
    2. When I played I used to resell items like iron neck, iron belt, glass belt, skeleton belt, shard+8, raptor+8, ii+8, hb+7, roc, rol and other items that people were looking for all the time.
    3. If you spend a lot of time in moradon (not being AFK), you will probably find some nice deals because sometimes people are desperate to sell/buy things and are willing to sell cheap/buy expensive.
    4. Also, I usually didn't buy items that many people (+3) were selling at the same time. If there is too much competition, it's hard to sell the item for a high (and profitable) price. Sometimes it helps to be one of the first people to login after a server restart, because there's a better chance you'll be the only one merchanting the item for a while, and a better chance someone will buy it.
    5. Reselling cheaper items like trinas, gems and chests can get you nice profits if there isn't too much competition.
    6. Always start with very low offers when you try to buy something for reselling. Some people might just accept them, and if not, you can raise the offer a bit, so it will still be a low offer (lower than the average value, so you can resell it).
    Remember, never look desperate. If someone wants more than what you're willing to pay, just say no thanks.
    7. Don't look desperate when selling items, because it will just make people give you lower offers. Stay cool.
    If someone gives you a terrible offer, say no ty and let them go. They might come back with a better offer.
    If someone gives you a normal offer and you're happy with the profit you'll make, go for it - unless you are absolutely sure you can sell it for more.
    If someone gives you a good offer, don't accept it right away - it might make the buyer think he's paying too much. Act like you're unsure if the deal is good for you. Say things like: "i'm not sure if i should sell it for that price... dunno if it's worth it", "hmm... let me think", "i guess its a decent offer.. ok...".
    8. Never take hard-to-sell items in trades, unless you KNOW someone who is looking for it. For example, someone offers you a trade that includes a white dragon necklace+2. AFAIK, that's kinda hard to sell - so in most cases, don't take it (Don't just deny the offer - tell them you don't want the WDN+2. They might offer something else instead). In case you happen to know someone who is looking for a WDN+2, pm them first and see what they are willing to pay. If you like their offer, do the trade and sell the WDN+2.
    9. If you already have items you bought for reselling and someone is selling something that is easier to sell than the item you already have, try to offer them the item(s)+coins (assuming their item costs more than yours). For example, if you have a skeleton belt and someone is selling an iron belt, try to get it for the skeleton belt+coins. If you manage to do this, it's a double profit - for both the skeleton belt and the iron belt - because you got the skeleton cheap, but in the trade for the ib, it counts as the average price and not the cheap price you got it for - so basically it's like you sold the skeleton belt (and made profit).
    10. Always remember - BUY LOW SELL HIGH - max out your profits!. Always pay lower than the real/average price, and always sell for a high price (overprice!). If you know what you're doing and people really want your item, it WILL be sold. Don't worry. And if you've waited long enough and nobody bought it, you can just sell it for the average price and make a smaller profit. If you still can't sell it (which is unlikely if you did your homework and it's an item people always need), you can sell it for the price you got it for (which is lower than average, so it shouldn't be so hard to sell) just to get rid of it so you won't lose money.
    11. Get as many people as you can to know what you're selling!
    - If you're in moradon - shout all the time using /macro
    - Set up your merchant in a place where most people walk by. Many people believe the inn hostess is a good place for this, however I think it's best to be on top of the stairs.
    - PM your friends from other clans and ask them to tell their clan/alliance what you're selling
    - King chat is overrated. It almost never helped me, but if the king is already doing some selling notices for people, ask for one too - it's worth a try.
    - Shout when waiting for Juraid Mountatin, even if you're not 70+. I don't know if it's still the same, but when I used to play there were many people in eslant town during the 10 minute wait.

Damn, I must be bored if I wrote all of this. lol.
    haha thanks, it was verry helpful

Quote Originally Posted by thinan43 View Post
    I am also looking for nice ways to start making money with around 80m.
    Even with 80 mil, there's lots of things to do, buy armor / weapon enchant scrolls at cheap price, and sell them for double (buy at like 100-200k, sell at 500-800k), or you can buy Chitin armor +7 for about 6-10 mil cheaper than what you see in market, and sell it higher.

Renegade21x

I have like 8m... What can i buy to begin ?

i tried but not didnt turn out good u need to know all the prices and what sells quick

This is completely off topic, but you can always try the anvil.

JK - Don't do it unless you are willing to lose a few gold bars so you can figure out how to upgrade.

So far this week, I have made about 5 gb's in 4 days. But there is a lot of risk involved and it takes time and money to get comfortable with the anvil. Upgrading high class items is not like upgrading paper. You actually feel the loss when that red bar goes across the screen.

KpDeranged

Anvil if you buy +5 stuff yeah you can make money, If you go buy paper. 10 +7 = 15m, Take those to the anvil, should have a +8 paper(20-30m) and hopefull you'll have 1 or 2 maybe more +7's so that also gives you a bit more money

i started off with 10 gbs then made like 3gbs more couple days later then k2 decided to wipe gold from every1s accnt who had more than 10gbs or something.

Mes

i did same like MushtMan started 0 and made 92 gb in 3 moth but i got scamed 22 gb....

Best way to get cash!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast