Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shios +3 or Fr's +2

This is a discussion on Shios +3 or Fr's +2 within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by valefore91 If it is possible to take imirs +3 I would highly recommend you do so in ...
Page: 2

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by valefore91 View Post
    If it is possible to take imirs +3 I would highly recommend you do so in ardream. It is not a

matter of which element is superior or not, but with lightning statted for 54 skill points in light

and 45 ice at level 59 you can take the best from both elements to your advantage. Lightning

is a very important component due to the fact it can cancel priest heals. If you break the

priest often times you break the party. As most people in ardream suffer from low base

resistance to spells, you can usually count on your blizzard to slow down many individuals at

a time in an enemy horde. One of my biggest gripes with ice is the fact the game developers

omitted a 54 thorn skill to heal your hp with. Lightning provides you with this skill to help

cushion yourself when faced with perhaps an unusually critical spike or when debuffed and

receiving a cure from your priest and cannot be healed at the same time or just in general

usage as rather high power skill coming second to nova prior to level 70.
    Thorn would pretty much never be applicable in DCZ, simply because either he is pretty much 1v1ing someone and won't have the need to do so since the stun rate will be way too high that he will just out pot the damage.... or the other situation is he will be ganked, in which case you can't stop to thorns as it's suicide. Only situation where he would be able to thorns is if it's a party vs party situation and you only have 2-3 opponents attacking you out of those 8.

valefore91

Your logic is sound, and I suppose it would be up to the mage to either charge into a large

group of enemies by him/herself or stray along the sidelines waiting for suitable prey to

present itself. I will have to disagree with your statement on thorn being useless in 1v1 due

to high stun rates. Sure I assume the stun rate shall be relatively high with dual imirs+3, but

70-100% success is usually not the case. Thorn is rather limited by its potential damage in

dcz, but with dual imir+3 it shall make a considerable difference. Lets go over 1v1 examples. 1

v1 with a warrior, any decent warrior (which is what I am assuming will be in dcz pking as

babas often transfer items from high lvl chars to low ones) should have relatively moderate to

moderately high resistance to all elements. Lightning will stun the warrior, but it shall not be

as consistent as one reading your post would be lead to expect. If the warrior manages to

drain your hp if, when let's you failed on your combo abit or got disoriented by a legcut. You

can recover quite nicely with thorn which would range from 450-600 with dual imir+3.

Combine that with a pot and you have over 1k healing which often is a third of an average

geared offense oriented dcz mage's hp (assumption, for your server could be different

depending on age of server). Not to mention since lightning thorn is projectile, not only will it

add to stun value but the user can blast a blade off with it. For mage 1v1 it would be handy

as most mage's can easily have their spells canceled with the msot meager of lightning skills.

Having a project skill that you can land together with a blade is almost a cheap shot to most

other mages who won't be able to land their own spell on prior to cancelation from thorn at a

distance. Even if the enemy mage does manage to throw and instantaneous attack spell that

is not projectile, the next spell would be canceled and most of your hp would be healed by

thorn. For rogue thorn is just a good buffer for those spikes that occasional hit harder then

they normally would for whatever reason. For bps you might not need thorn as the stun rate

would be obscenely high, however if you get maliced and take a severe hit thorn is not a bad

idea as a preacationary skill. For tank priests which you can't really 1v1, you can lube up with

static hemispheres and throw a thorn combined with blade at the time of dot occurence for

massive and usually stunning blow. I understand your reasoning though, but even if your

statement was 50% of the case of the time in dcz (which would also differ from server to

server) the other 50% of the time it would be a highly advantageous skill to maintain

althought still by no means a Godly skill that will result in 100% win. The skill of the wielder

will also naturally be your greatest factor towards success.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by valefore91 View Post
    Your logic is sound, and I suppose it would be up to the mage to either charge into a large

group of enemies by him/herself or stray along the sidelines waiting for suitable prey to

present itself. I will have to disagree with your statement on thorn being useless in 1v1 due

to high stun rates. Sure I assume the stun rate shall be relatively high with dual imirs+3, but

70-100% success is usually not the case. Thorn is rather limited by its potential damage in

dcz, but with dual imir+3 it shall make a considerable difference. Lets go over 1v1 examples. 1

v1 with a warrior, any decent warrior (which is what I am assuming will be in dcz pking as

babas often transfer items from high lvl chars to low ones) should have relatively moderate to

moderately high resistance to all elements. Lightning will stun the warrior, but it shall not be

as consistent as one reading your post would be lead to expect. If the warrior manages to

drain your hp if, when let's you failed on your combo abit or got disoriented by a legcut. You

can recover quite nicely with thorn which would range from 450-600 with dual imir+3.

Combine that with a pot and you have over 1k healing which often is a third of an average

geared offense oriented dcz mage's hp (assumption, for your server could be different

depending on age of server). Not to mention since lightning thorn is projectile, not only will it

add to stun value but the user can blast a blade off with it. For mage 1v1 it would be handy

as most mage's can easily have their spells canceled with the msot meager of lightning skills.

Having a project skill that you can land together with a blade is almost a cheap shot to most

other mages who won't be able to land their own spell on prior to cancelation from thorn at a

distance. Even if the enemy mage does manage to throw and instantaneous attack spell that

is not projectile, the next spell would be canceled and most of your hp would be healed by

thorn. For rogue thorn is just a good buffer for those spikes that occasional hit harder then

they normally would for whatever reason. For bps you might not need thorn as the stun rate

would be obscenely high, however if you get maliced and take a severe hit thorn is not a bad

idea as a preacationary skill. For tank priests which you can't really 1v1, you can lube up with

static hemispheres and throw a thorn combined with blade at the time of dot occurence for

massive and usually stunning blow. I understand your reasoning though, but even if your

statement was 50% of the case of the time in dcz (which would also differ from server to

server) the other 50% of the time it would be a highly advantageous skill to maintain

althought still by no means a Godly skill that will result in 100% win. The skill of the wielder

will also naturally be your greatest factor towards success.
    But you are quite wrong. Take it from my personal experience as I have played mage for the past 6 years and have been through all kinds of pk situations and tons of VSs. Since your post is about VSing people, that's what I will focus my explanation on. If you are VSing a warrior/rouge, and if they are above decent at their class, then all I have to say is good luck with full filling your cast of thorns. There is no doubt that the thorns will fail against good opponents, that is of course if you are tanking in the VS. If you are sliding, that's a whole different story, and in that case sure it would mostly cast if you know when and how to divide yourself from the opponent... but then again you won't need to as sliding usually messes up the warrior/rouge combo, or at least makes their combo/skills fail quite alot (once again, if you know how to do so).

Once again, trust me, I've been through everything a mage could possibly go through... and thorns is simply not anything special. There is one point I have missed out from my last post, and that is that it's quite useful when chasing people as with the dual imirs +3 in a place like dcz it's an assured stun.

One more thing I'd like to add. Yes it is true that some CZ players transfer their +3 unique sets to their DCZ characters, but even so, that's probably one in a hundred people that do that, and even those people will get stunned quite alot,.. enough for you to win your VSes without a sweat,... that is if you have a decent mage combo.

henriique is offline now Senior Member henriique's Avatar

I always prefer to use FR
    but if you have money for FR +3 is better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12