SteamKO Cypher questions and doubts :)

This is a discussion on SteamKO Cypher questions and doubts :) within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello everyone, sorry for long post and thanks in advance for responses and advices. I'm about to make some sort ...
Page: 1

Default SteamKO Cypher questions and doubts :)

Hello everyone, sorry for long post and thanks in advance for responses and advices.

I'm about to make some sort of comeback to KO and since few friends are playing SteamKO Cypher I'll probably join them too (Karus side - Mage)

Now, since it's been a long long long time since I've quit official KO (few months after 83lvl release), there is a lot of new things that I've been trying to catch on.

As I don't have neither time nor dedication as I've had years before, lot of farm comes out of the question so I'll rather spend some $$ for gold bars to gear up decently for the start and then move forward.

1) Is it worth buying EXP prem and chasing 83 or just buy 83 in a Cypher ring (prem is like 40$, but I'm not sure what prices will be for 80-83 mage (nps irrelevant)

Also, are there still mage parties at Eslant/CZ with Falcons & EW or lvl up is primarely done through quests?

2) Builds

If I decide to EXP after all, my plan is to be half paper flame with fr+1/2 for example during leveling Scorching or Personal staff, then once reaching 80 switch to Light INT, swap staff for Elysium/Faun highest + (Probably won't have money for Dark Staff or Book of Wisdom at start at least), sell FR's and buy Imirs +3 as they are cheap, rest of the jewels will remain same (IN+0 or EP+2 / IB+0 , LKP+0 for beginning as I would rather spend extra money to better armors and they seem overpriced)

Any suggestion here?

Now, since Mage with high AP staff and imirs +3 should deal decent damage in PK (at least with staff), my plan is to go with classic, 160 int, mp enough to wear staff/armor & rest hp or put 90/91 in the str for DreadShield or Gab's if I can afford one and rest hp.

What would be the best armor in this case? If I am correct, order is Holy Knight > Krowaz > Ron's > Complete ... and rest.

I could probably aim for some combination of Krowaz +7/Ron's+7 at beginning and switch to higher as I progress, but would be good to know which part combination is best to get in terms of bonuses etc.

3) Are there still defence armors (dd25 cap, spear 20 etc) or only Talias? Also, I haven't seen anyone in Moradon wearing Chitin Shield, are they not available or what is the reason behind this?

I'll fill in questions if something else comes to my mind, but this should be more than enough

Greetings to all,
    RE5PECT.

P.S. If anyone who reads this is selling GBs or some of the mage items, drop me a note here or in-game (RE5PECT90).

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by re5pect View Post
    Hello everyone, sorry for long post and thanks in advance for responses and advices.

I'm about to make some sort of comeback to KO and since few friends are playing SteamKO Cypher I'll probably join them too (Karus side - Mage)

Now, since it's been a long long long time since I've quit official KO (few months after 83lvl release), there is a lot of new things that I've been trying to catch on.

As I don't have neither time nor dedication as I've had years before, lot of farm comes out of the question so I'll rather spend some $$ for gold bars to gear up decently for the start and then move forward.

1) Is it worth buying EXP prem and chasing 83 or just buy 83 in a Cypher ring (prem is like 40$, but I'm not sure what prices will be for 80-83 mage (nps irrelevant)
    Honestly, just buy an 83. They aren't that much these days, especially a mage. Maybe 10-15gbs for a basic no NP character.
    Also, are there still mage parties at Eslant/CZ with Falcons & EW or lvl up is primarely done through quests?
    There are some, but you have to be in there at the right time. Best bet is to just get your friends in there and do what you can and add people as you see them.

2) Builds

If I decide to EXP after all, my plan is to be half paper flame with fr+1/2 for example during leveling Scorching or Personal staff, then once reaching 80 switch to Light INT, swap staff for Elysium/Faun highest + (Probably won't have money for Dark Staff or Book of Wisdom at start at least), sell FR's and buy Imirs +3 as they are cheap, rest of the jewels will remain same (IN+0 or EP+2 / IB+0 , LKP+0 for beginning as I would rather spend extra money to better armors and they seem overpriced)

Any suggestion here? Looks good.

Now, since Mage with high AP staff and imirs +3 should deal decent damage in PK (at least with staff), my plan is to go with classic, 160 int, mp enough to wear staff/armor & rest hp or put 90/91 in the str for DreadShield or Gab's if I can afford one and rest hp.

What would be the best armor in this case? If I am correct, order is Holy Knight > Krowaz > Ron's > Complete ... and rest. Exactly right, mage krowaz set would give you enough defense/hp to survive a few rogue spikes. I recommend this site to play around with builds https://www.kobugda.com/Calculator/Calculator

I could probably aim for some combination of Krowaz +7/Ron's+7 at beginning and switch to higher as I progress, but would be good to know which part combination is best to get in terms of bonuses etc.

3) Are there still defence armors (dd25 cap, spear 20 etc) or only Talias? Also, I haven't seen anyone in Moradon wearing Chitin Shield, are they not available or what is the reason behind this? I think there's 1 chitin shield on the server, as far as I know. DD helms don't exist but there are iron sets, Gabs, talias, and new Draki necklaces and belts that have weapon defenses on them. The chitin shield is an extremely rare drop, probably the rarest in the game. We'll probably see more of them as time goes on.

I'll fill in questions if something else comes to my mind, but this should be more than enough

Greetings to all,
    RE5PECT.

P.S. If anyone who reads this is selling GBs or some of the mage items, drop me a note here or in-game (RE5PECT90).
    filled in.....

1 --- is cheaper buying a lvl 83 but is more rewarding lvl up your own account
    2 --- for exp you need to go full mp half/or 160 int for pk you need light with Holy Knight > Krowaz > Ron's and a staff with high ap or a good shield if you going full suport
    3 --- only talias and acerssories

Thank you both for the comments.

@Avari, I really appreciate the insight and build site, I remember there was something similar created by Magicality & CooLTanG back in the days, but probably nobody maintains that site anymore.

One more thing, if I'm buying character, what is the difference between 83/1 & 83/10 level for example? Only additional stat points or?

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by re5pect View Post
    Thank you both for the comments.

@Avari, I really appreciate the insight and build site, I remember there was something similar created by Magicality & CooLTanG back in the days, but probably nobody maintains that site anymore.

One more thing, if I'm buying character, what is the difference between 83/1 & 83/10 level for example? Only additional stat points or?
    I remember that site, I wish they still maintained it. Stat points and a lot of time, I think you gain 2 additional stat points per level. So 83/1 would be 2 points, 83/2 would be 2 more points etc..and you get a little permanent wing above your characters head which means you've rebirthed your character past 83.

Just keep in mind, the cost difference between 83/1 and 83/10 is probably pretty big just because of how much time it would take to get to 83/10.

you can check mage builts here https://www.kobugda.com/

every rebirth lvl it's only 2 more stat points ... for a mage that is only worth if you are playing fire full mp all the extra damage matters other builts it doens't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SEDE View Post
    you can check mage builts here https://www.kobugda.com/

every rebirth lvl it's only 2 more stat points ... for a mage that is only worth if you are playing fire full mp all the extra damage matters other builts it doens't matter.
    Hi, is this community still on? Kobugda*
    Im trying to sign up but it tells me i need an invitation

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    04-30-2023, 06:41 PM