Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

upgrading +8s

This is a discussion on upgrading +8s within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; just id say i burned 10 +8s to go +4 on my bomba windforce and it still burned all about ...
Page: 2

just id say i burned 10 +8s to go +4 on my bomba windforce and it still burned all about luck and if anvil likes what youe wearing that day

in my experience (alot) , the burning technique is a damn sham, its useless. ive burned 20++ items in a row before so where does this 'technique" come into play?

Yes its pure luck, the anvil doesn't have a brain that stores how many burns its put out. You can burn 50+ items and the upgrade success will still be the same.

I used to try the burn +8 trick, and it didn't make any difference. I did once make a +10 wood staff though :P

Hob

This burn technic are only to be more optimist about the dont fail " the item need up " but i think its personnal technic its not work its only for courage

If there's a technique nobody will tell you cuz game will turn more boring that it is, just try few burns and try your luck.

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

there were times i upgraded 5x uniques +7 and 4 went up to +8 and there were times i couldnt even upgrade a single +4. and i burned my personal dagger from +5 to +6 with trina. this is all about pure luck.(especially when my friend made a wood staff+10 when he was boring)

It sometimes makes me think it`s about what has been upgraded that day - or since last maint . I find it rather easy to get a deepscar or priest impact accidently to +7, while shells always break. so if someone tried hard on shards before it`s impossible to get them to +8 or something. Would fit to the `do it after maint` theory.

Quote Originally Posted by BufferdYa View Post
    Yes its pure luck, the anvil doesn't have a brain that stores how many burns its put out. You can burn 50+ items and the upgrade success will still be the same.
    It has. Nothing in this game is PURE LUCK, thats just bullshit. I has some rythem (dont know whats its called in english but for the dutch here, logaritmes), this makes the chance of burning and succeeding calculatable. However, with this u only now it what percentage burns or succeeds. If u know how to do this, it helps u in upgrading but u can still burn the item.

Tho i dont have the time to do this, i came to a personal percentage of 8.65% going +7to +8 unique item with trina. 11.1% going 7-8 high class item with trina. I always do trina. This helps me to wait for burns (i believe still helps, dont care what u think but my theory is true for me). However this doesnt make u 100% able to make a +8 or higher. But if u would work for ko tech crew u can know the exact percentage of any item going any + with or without trina.

Realsies

I think upgrading is just random. Some people do their upgrading in karus/elmo and burn a ton of items before they try. Me I like to use the mora anvil at a busy time. I have found most of my upgrades go through there. I also do not burn things. I just upgrade a bunch of items that if they burn I can just hope that at least one of them gots to +8/+9. For example I upgrade a lot of shards/II/rappy's, etc...The other day I upgraded two shards to +8 and a rappy to +8 in one go all from +1, all from one invent of stuff I was upgrading. Of course I also burned about 11 shards/II's/rappys in the process, but not intentionally, if you get what I mean.

Then after that I spent about 15gb's failing to upgrade and ended up with a shard+1 rev and toto spear+1 rev...which is fail...IMO just scratch your ass and hope for the best. <-- best method by far.

its all luck but if ur taking somthing valuable worth alot of money to +8 i would say rebirth it thats when i saw the biggest sucess rate imo ive made 2 +5Rb hb but i also burned a chaos wirnom going to +2rb xP i hate anvil just learn to saty away from it

MrH

i would say its all about BADLUCK :P

Validating

I just dont even bother with the anvil

do it. i made many great +8 items this way.

henriique is offline now Senior Member henriique's Avatar

you need trina's bro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12