Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Using Blink to bug thru castle in CSW

This is a discussion on Using Blink to bug thru castle in CSW within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; most mages Ive ever played with think this bug is of the lowest sort of bugs to abuse in CSW. ...
Page: 1

Default Using Blink to bug thru castle in CSW

most mages Ive ever played with think this bug is of the lowest sort of bugs to abuse in CSW. My friends wont do it.

Im asking the community is Blinking thru a closed gate in CSW considered GG?

if you think it is, please list reason why. Before anyone flames, this isnt a flame topic. Mages who use light skills arent bug abusing. Its the character's skill and if the stun rate is hi in game - not the mage's fault. BUT! using blink to get thru a closed gate is actual abuse to get thru a wall. Blink isnt intended to bug thru a wall. It is intended as a defense skill to evade and or use to help get a more advantagous position on ur opponent.

opinions please.

Regards,
    Draven

Banned

Well seeing as how ive never been 70+ YET.
    and never had this happen to me
    but to me it sounds liek it would be okay.
    i mean they have to put so many skill points in tog et to use that skill.
    nowhere ont he description does it say " blinking through a wall is a bug" for all we know the koreans ( no im not using it as a racist term just meaning mgames is based in korea i believe) could have WANTED that skill to be able to blink through doors/walls/obstructions and such.

we will probably not actually know what the programmers thoughts ar eon this though.

so no i don't think this would be bug abuse until if and when someone fromt he mgames development team says this skill was not intended to be able to teleport through obtrusions.

sheercold

I agree with Serious.... you would have to ask the developers of the game... what were they thinking about when they made that skill. I personally stay neutral about it.

Dosnt blink says "BLocked by an object" when u try to cast it trough something? Its the same case here. It makes a bug the fact that for some reason, the client dosnt recognize the gate as an object. But it is still a bug imo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoveToHate View Post
    Dosnt blink says "BLocked by an object" when u try to cast it trough something? Its the same case here. It makes a bug the fact that for some reason, the client dosnt recognize the gate as an object. But it is still a bug imo.
    maybe because in that "object",
    where they would end up in relativity to "20 metres" in game is int he middle of the object?
    again im not 70+
    so i dont now for sure.

but i do know,
    that on the skill description it says nothnig about whether or not u can teleport through objects.

so we will never know what the skill was meant for.

i have a question to ask about this also
    since u feel teleporting through the gate with blink is bug abuse.

then how do u feel about a warrior using Decent in RLB to tp from the bottom layer near monument up to the top layer where the monument actually is.
    seeing as how your not supposed to be able to "walk" up that part of the hill?

i think its just about the same principle.

Banned

like athreye said one time b4...if u callin it a "bug" and u use it what it mean??....is simple math dude...if u use a bug is bug abussin no mather what

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSkrull View Post
    like athreye said one time b4...if u callin it a "bug" and u use it what it mean??....is simple math dude...if u use a bug is bug abussin no mather what

u didnt read through the first reply.

we dont know if blink was made to go through walls or not.

so u cant call it a bug since we dont know its actual use.

imo blink is a type of teleportation.

so it would make sense to me to use blink as a tp to another place.

i see it as a self tp to inside castle

Well it actually teleports you 20 meters, so in theory it should work like that.
    But in my opinion it's lame. I mean, the gate is there for a reason and now that there are so many 80+ players basically every big clan has at least one level 80 light mage.

Yesterday for example, in C-west, there was one clan (not gonna mention any names) that used it to get to the crystal room, so we couldn't defend the front gate. We had to go in to the crystal room to kill them. But while we were killing them there, all the other clans could get in through the gate. So after 10 minutes we had to be in the crystal room for the entire war. Together with at least 5 other clans (+ some koxpers). We were bound to loose it at some point, which we eventually did. And it caused us loose the castle.

we'll get it back, dont worry

Quote Originally Posted by Serious606 View Post
    maybe because in that "object",
    where they would end up in relativity to "20 metres" in game is int he middle of the object?
    again im not 70+
    so i dont now for sure.

but i do know,
    that on the skill description it says nothnig about whether or not u can teleport through objects.

so we will never know what the skill was meant for.

i have a question to ask about this also
    since u feel teleporting through the gate with blink is bug abuse.

then how do u feel about a warrior using Decent in RLB to tp from the bottom layer near monument up to the top layer where the monument actually is.
    seeing as how your not supposed to be able to "walk" up that part of the hill?

i think its just about the same principle.

Its not same because in rlb you can walk up on that hill anyway, in csw you cant just walk there theres a gate you need to get down first.

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serious606 View Post
    Well seeing as how ive never been 70+ YET.
    and never had this happen to me
    but to me it sounds liek it would be okay.
    i mean they have to put so many skill points in tog et to use that skill.
    nowhere ont he description does it say " blinking through a wall is a bug" for all we know the koreans ( no im not using it as a racist term just meaning mgames is based in korea i believe) could have WANTED that skill to be able to blink through doors/walls/obstructions and such.

we will probably not actually know what the programmers thoughts ar eon this though.

so no i don't think this would be bug abuse until if and when someone fromt he mgames development team says this skill was not intended to be able to teleport through obtrusions.

Going by your logic...May be the Koreans left safe spots outsides the jails in wars to run up to save your lives. Who knows?

I think the problem is how the skill is coded.

I'm guessing they did it the easy way; use skill, client calls skill function, calculate the distance the char will tp to... if distance is within ''legal'' coordinates, send teleport to coordinates packet to server.

The problem is very likely in how the function defines a legal coordinate... for example, if you are in a map edge and go past the edge, the results would probably be negative or something they can identify as ''outside the map edges''. Same idea applies to solid objects, like mountains, and walls; the coordinates producd can be correctly identified.

However, the case of a wall is that... while the wall itself is a solid object, the space beyond or before it is ''legal'', players are allowed, so it carries through.
    The function is not calculating every point (and checking it) between the player and the TP spot for illegal coordinates...

This could also apply to blinking to get to deva bird. Anyways, i'm not saying with this its a bug or not... ask devs... but...

If it is a bug, then MGAME dev team are lazy bastards (probably reusing a lot of code from the TP party member skill lol ).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post
    Going by your logic...May be the Koreans left safe spots outsides the jails in wars to run up to save your lives. Who knows?
    +1

who is anyone in this forum to say that they know what mgames developers were thinking when they coded ANY part of this game.

we will NEVER know what they meant it for.

not saying i think its okay to blink through walls etc etc.

just saying liek ive said before we will NEVER know for a FACT what that specific programmer meant each specific skill to do.

same with the safe spots in different places.

my last post on topic

/flame_talia

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    most mages Ive ever played with think this bug is of the lowest sort of bugs to abuse in CSW. My friends wont do it.

Im asking the community is Blinking thru a closed gate in CSW considered GG?

if you think it is, please list reason why. Before anyone flames, this isnt a flame topic. Mages who use light skills arent bug abusing. Its the character's skill and if the stun rate is hi in game - not the mage's fault. BUT! using blink to get thru a closed gate is actual abuse to get thru a wall. Blink isnt intended to bug thru a wall. It is intended as a defense skill to evade and or use to help get a more advantagous position on ur opponent.

opinions please.

Regards,
    Draven
    This is completely off topic, but your mages abuse light burst.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337Degrees View Post
    This is completely off topic, but your mages abuse light burst.
    constantly spamming light burst when your a light mages isnt abusing anything. Its using the skill.

its like saying a warrior is abusing his spammable skills, its like a rogue abusing his spike.

my opinion is..... get better Light Resists. I dont get bothered much at all from the light burst stuns being used by the humans and you dont see me griping about it becuz ive done my work with getting my resistances up. As a mage I also LR or GR all my non-Rogues in party to help defend. If your mages arent doing that for your parties.... get new mages.

peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    06-10-2010, 06:58 AM
  2. Hits: 3
    06-09-2010, 08:46 PM
  3. Hits: 73
    06-09-2010, 08:26 PM