Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warrior Guide

This is a discussion on Warrior Guide within the Game Questions & Tips forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Author: oks (F9DeviL) Server: Ares - USKO Race: El Morad (oks), So, someone someone PMed me for info about playing ...
Page: 1

Default Warrior Guide

Author: oks (F9DeviL)
    Server: Ares - USKO
    Race: El Morad (oks),

So, someone someone PMed me for info about playing a warrior and how to combo etc.
    While typing up my reply, I decided to turn it into a small guide for you all here and try to set an example like zero did for everyone.

1. Skill bar

First Page

1 - HP Pot
    2 - Mana Pot
    3 - Sword Dancing
    4 - Scream
    5 - Legcut

Second Page

1 - Binding

2-5 Scrolls

This is my personal skillbar, I use attack skill on 3 because it is in between r and w/s so it is easy for me to reach. I use binding on the 2nd page just because it's my preference, you can use it on the first page 6-8 or w/e.

2. Weapon Types

Raptor -
    I personally prefer a Raptor because of its range and it deals more damage than any other weapon.

Dual Wielding -
    If you are planning on using dual wields, you MUST have a totamic spear as on of your weapons, simply because it is the best 1 handed warrior weapon.

Totamic Spear : A MUST have for dual wielders.
    Impact : Probably the second best one handed weapon as far as AP
    Graham : Decent 1 handed weapon, not as good as Impact
    Gig Axe : Good hp/resist bonuses but not great AP.
    Hanguk Sword : An impact may be better/worse or equal, not sure.

Dual wielding is suppose to be "faster" but comboing pretty much negates the effect. I believe dual wield does interupt more often however. People have claimed that dual wield is better for bosses, but I still prefer the raptor.

Gigantic Axe -
    Great for its bonuses, good for a switch off weapon if someone is using spear defenses, a +8 is better than a +8 raptor because of it's bonuses.

Mirage Sword -
    Mostly used as a last resort weapon for people using extreme weapon defense armors, if this is the case a Mirage Sword is invaluable.

3. Accesories/Armors

This section is to explain what you are looking for when creating a warrior as far accessories and armor. It is organized from Most Expensive/Expensive/Mediocre/Cheap As you may have noticed, the most expensive is the best item for Warrior.

Accessories -

Pendant : Iron Necklace/Warrior Pendant/Amulet of Strength/Lupus Pendant
    Belt : (all most expensive)Skeleton, Iron, Glass Belts, Bronze Belt, Kekuri Belt
    Earrings : Warrior/Platinum Earrings, Opal Earrings
    Rings : Ring of Courage, Diamond Rings

Armor -
    For a warrior, shell makes a pretty large difference in comparison to chitin, that is why unlike rogue and priest it is sought after much higher. Unless you are a duper or quite lucky you'll have to settle with 7/12 most of the time. Unless your shell is +7/12 I advise you to use chitins 7/12 or +8/15 ones instead, because the Ap difference will make up for the minimal defense loss.

Special Defense Armors :
    For a solo warrior, defense armors are often crucial if you want to take on more than just 1 person. Try to have a dagger and a spear helm handy for these situations. These defense armors can also combat debuffs and alot you to continue the fight.

4. Combo Aspect

Tanking Combo -
    There are various versions of the tank combo from which you can choose from based on what you prefer.

W/S R Combo :
    My personal favorite combo for its movement which allows you to move freely during the combo. To use this combo press R to run at your target, once you reach your target press R + 3 (skill) at the same time. After your first skill use, tap W or S depending on your range from the target, after this quickly pess R + 3 (skill) again. Rinse and repeat. You'll have to develop the correct timing to use this combo effectively.

R+R Combo :
    I personally do not use this combo because it doesn't allow you much movement in your attack. However, this combo is performed by tapping R+R twice and then 3 (skill). This combo is pure timing and can easily be messed up, in my opinion.

Running Combo -
    Comboing with R and skill on a moving target. I find it quite difficult to pot with this combo, so I just make sure to kill my opponent before they can run too far .

W+R Combo :
    Holding W down, press R + 3 (skill) on your opponent as they run.

To practice the combos above, especially the tank combos, use Apostles or Stone Golems. Bosses are also a great way to test the endurance of your combo over time.

5. Potting

Well, in Ares at least if you solo be prepared to carry a mountain of HP pots for all the mages. It's a bit difficult for me to explain the potting of a lvl 60+ warrior because 70+ is completely different. I'd like to start with this, DONT COUNT ON YOUR PRIESTS TO HEAL YOU EVERY 2 SECONDS WHEN YOU ARE IN A PARTY TAKE IT UPON YOURSELF TO STAY ALIVE IF NEED BE, ok with that out of the way lets move on.

Learning to pot properly is more important than comboing can ever be, all though they do coincide. It's all about timing and personal judgement depending on your opponent. Just remember that 0 mana is death in a 1v1, make sure you time it correctly. Often in an open CZ fight I instantly soul pot after 1 attack, no matter what my mana is this allows me to hp pot more later on and will keep my mana at full. The main point is to soulpot at the least crucial times and allow yourself to have always have the HP pot choice at all times.

I do realize that this section is a bit weak, but potting isn't something that can be taught, rather you just have to practice it until you are comfortable enough.

Zzz this forum doesn't allow spacing in posts, oh well. This guide is © of me 2005, blah blah. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Nattefrost

when he says R+3, does he mean press both of them at the exact same time, ( i know stupid question, but i didnt work for me) or does he mean R then 3 right after?

I got the Skill R R Skill combo mastered on fixed objects, timing is key (obviously). My suggestion, develop a finger motion, that fits in the perfect timing.. What i did was press R, then R again then just before my index finger gets off the R i use my middle finger to hit the 3 button. works very good for me. now i need to get the running combo in hand :P and Skill W R combo.

Im sure "Eric" will be happy to comment on this guide if you have any queries

Originally posted by Festo
    Dual wield is actually really good if you are a very very fast comboer, like myself. For some reason people think you should dual wield when you are a total loser when it comes to comboing, but it's not the truth. If you are slow then just use a raptor, better damage, for a warrior r attack isnt that good :roll:

Originally posted by MeeP+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MeeP)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Festo
    Dual wield is actually really good if you are a very very fast comboer, like myself. For some reason people think you should dual wield when you are a total loser when it comes to comboing, but it's not the truth. If you are slow then just use a raptor, better damage, for a warrior r attack isnt that good :roll:[/b]
    That might be because I used to tell arnitsos ( a dual wielder on ares) that real men hold their penis with both hands.

Originally posted by Matt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Matt)</div>
    Originally posted by MeeP@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Festo

Dual wield is actually really good if you are a very very fast comboer, like myself. For some reason people think you should dual wield when you are a total loser when it comes to comboing, but it's not the truth. If you are slow then just use a raptor, better damage, for a warrior r attack isnt that good :roll:
    That might be because I used to tell arnitsos ( a dual wielder on ares) that real men hold their penis with both hands.[/b]

That has to be one huge penis then :shock: .

Ruthless

either that or his hands r too small h43r:

Arphetic

What skill/statpoints?

Shadow_flame

ok? what about the babas that want to start a warrior from scratch..cant we have a guide for that too? (would be quite handy in my opinion) ^_^

Shadow_flame

ok? what about the babas that want to start a warrior from scratch..cant we have a guide for that too? (would be quite handy in my opinion) ^_^

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by MeeP+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MeeP)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Festo
    Dual wield is actually really good if you are a very very fast comboer, like myself. For some reason people think you should dual wield when you are a total loser when it comes to comboing, but it's not the truth. If you are slow then just use a raptor, better damage, for a warrior r attack isnt that good :roll:[/b]
    I tried dual wield out and found it to be little different from raptor/2h gig ax. The other warriors I've fought also had their preferences.

I've come to the conclusion that dual wield is a choice. There is little difference between dual wielders and raptor old schoolers.

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    Originally posted by MeeP@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Festo

I tried dual wield out and found it to be little different from raptor/2h gig ax. The other warriors I've fought also had their preferences.

I've come to the conclusion that dual wield is a choice. There is little difference between dual wielders and raptor old schoolers.[/b]
    Wtf happend to you? ._.

Dual wield has the HUGE draw back of negative damage when there's weapon defense for both weapons.

Also Giga 1h can usually do more damage compared to Impact as second hand weap. Maybe cause of the higher elemental, maybe cause its a unique and we dont know of some secret properties. The fact remains that even if the AP is higher on the second hand weap, might not add more damage than a lower AP weapon.

Hell breaker is a very "odd" weapon. Either club defense is bugged, or this weapon has something else that is not listed in its features. It pretty much ignores club defense on Chitin Shield. HB +7 has same AP than Giga +8, but more elemental damage. Hit a priest with CS and u will notice a considerable difference in damage.

Just my 2 cents ...

Originally posted by Devile
    It pretty much ignores club defense on Chitin Shield.
    Thanks, good to know! =D

Satty

hmm we tryed that about hell breaker on me with CS and with diff shield and there was diff in dmg like 200
    so i guess club deff does affect dmg :blink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast