Diddy Crowns Lil Wayne “The Greatest, Youngest, Rapper Alive” and More

This is a discussion on Diddy Crowns Lil Wayne “The Greatest, Youngest, Rapper Alive” and More within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; With Tha Carter III hitting retail stores nationwide today, Diddy is the first to co-sign Lil' Wayne's latest project calling ...
Page: 1

MirZa117

With Tha Carter III hitting retail stores nationwide today, Diddy is the first to co-sign Lil' Wayne's latest project calling it a "classic" and claiming the rapper has helped him fall in love with hip-hop again.

In his latest video blog, the Bad Boy president admitted to being surprised at Weezy's talent and the overall quality of the new album.

"The Lil' Wayne album-you know a lot of times when you get a lot of hype on cats, they don't really deliver," he said. "I was totally surprised by his selection of beats, his variation of flows and his content. The boy really delivered. He's a genius. The album's genius. It's a classic."

In addition to giving props to Weezy by titling him "the greatest, youngest, rapper alive," Diddy took the time to show his support for various rappers helping him enjoy the genre he has contributed to.

"There are a lot of cats out there that are giving you a reason to be excited about hip-hop," he affirmed. "Jay Z is back doing his thing. That kid Puff Daddy. T.I., thank God he's free at last. Young Jeezy, oh my God. Busta Rhymes. That's it-oh, Rick Ross. That's all I'm going to say right now."

In related news, Diddy has also addressed the rumors of him going through yet another name change. As heard on O'Neal McKnight's "Check Your Coat" remix featuring Jermaine Dupri, Diddy identifies himself as Puff Daddy. Despite confirming his name as Puff Daddy throughout the record, he has denied any official name changes.

"I have not changed my name," he clarified. "I want to stress and kind of ask the people in the power positions-the bloggers, and the outlets, and the reporters. Let's utilize our time with something more important than if I changed my name. There are millions of Americans out there that not registered to vote. Let's utilize our power through your blogs to get these guys registered to vote."

As previously reported by SOHH, Diddy has publicly expressed his support for Democrat candidate Barack Obama. Jokingly, he made a special request for his upcoming birthday, Diddy admitted to the one thing he wants from everyone.

"Let's make sure you vote on my birthday, November fourth," he said. "That's my birthday present that I want from all of you guys."

Weezy's album Tha Carter III is in stores now.

---

Source: SOHH.com

5DollahSuckySucky

Nobody likes Diddy so his opinion doesn't really count

MirZa117

Nobody likes Diddy so his opinion doesn't really count[/b]
    Fail.
    If nobody likes Diddy then how come hes so popular? I like him, and I'm sure millions of other people like him too.

5DollahSuckySucky

Fail.
    If nobody likes Diddy then how come hes so popular? I like him, and I'm sure millions of other people like him too.[/b]
    His opinion on rap doesn't count considering the fact he can't write his own lyrics (ghostwriters) and can't rap to save his own life

He's chased away many rappers, sold out Shyne, and fucks up people's careers in BadBoy records

Right now he's even suing a company called Cuff-Daddy Cufflinks for having a name close to his (Puff Daddy)

and the fact that he is calling Lil Wayne the Greatest, Youngest, Rapper Alive and calling The Carter III a CLASSIC means he is just considered a joke in the music business just like MTV..

No one really likes him except people he appeals to which are groupies, suburban wiggers, and ingrates who don't know shit about Hip Hop

MirZa117

His opinion on rap doesn't count considering the fact he can't write his own lyrics (ghostwriters) and can't rap to save his own life[/b]
    Having ghostwriters and not being able to rap doesn't make his opinion not count. Even though I do think he can rap.
    His opinion counts more than yours ever will because he is a legend in the music industry no matter if he has ghostwriters or not, and thats a FACT.
    For example, Dr. Dre also had ghostwriters and even co-producers but hes still a legend, but I guess because he had ghostwriters his opinion doesn't count too, right?? LOL

He's chased away many rappers, sold out Shyne, and fucks up people's careers in BadBoy records
    Right now he's even suing a company called Cuff-Daddy Cufflinks for having a name close to his (Puff Daddy)[/b]
    So? How does that make his opinion not count?

and the fact that he is calling Lil Wayne the Greatest, Youngest, Rapper Alive and calling The Carter III a CLASSIC means he is just considered a joke in the music business just like MTV..[/b]
    How is MTV considered a joke in the music business? lol
    No matter if people like MTV or not, they will still watch it and pay attention to MTV cause its fuckin MTV

No one really likes him except people he appeals to which are groupies, suburban wiggers, and ingrates who don't know shit about Hip Hop[/b]
    Wrong. I know a lot of people who like him and are not "groupies", "suburban wiggers" or "ingrates".

5DollahSuckySucky

Having ghostwriters and not being able to rap doesn't make his opinion not count. Even though I do think he can rap.
    His opinion counts more than yours ever will because he is a legend in the music industry no matter if he has ghostwriters or not, and thats a FACT.
    For example, Dr. Dre also had ghostwriters and even co-producers but hes still a legend, but I guess because he had ghostwriters his opinion doesn't count too, right?? LOL[/b]
    What I'm trying to say is that this tool is wack as a mother fucker. He chased away G-Depp, Black Rob, Craig Mack, The Lox, Total, Loom, and others to steal the spotlight for himself. The guy is so full of himself he has to change his name every 2 weeks. In the music business he's only known for signing in artists then fucking them over later, dancing like a fool in the back of B.I.G.'s videos, and banging J-Lo way back in the 90's. He doesn't represent Hip Hop in the purest form ..
    So? How does that make his opinion not count?[/b]
    I was stating the fact of how shitty this guy is
    How is MTV considered a joke in the music business? lol
    No matter if people like MTV or not, they will still watch it and pay attention to MTV cause its fuckin MTV[/b]
    MTV is a joke. MTV = Musical Television, but how much music does MTV actually play? Yeah, exactly. None.
    Wrong. I know a lot of people who like him and are not "groupies", "suburban wiggers" or "ingrates".[/b]
    Who? Bosnians? Foreign people will like anything from Soulja Boy to Lil Mama

Vishnu

Man, ya'll got it wrong, it's not Puff daddy, it's Poof daddy.

And yeah MTV is a joke, a really bad one.

5DollahSuckySucky

Man, ya'll got it wrong, it's not Puff daddy, it's Poof daddy.

And yeah MTV is a joke, a really bad one.[/b]

One bad rapper complimenting another bad rapper.

Oh-- the irony.

Black Walling Senior Member ReKon's Avatar

Oh-- the irony.[/b]

MirZa117

What I'm trying to say is that this tool is wack as a mother fucker. He chased away G-Depp, Black Rob, Craig Mack, The Lox, Total, Loom, and others to steal the spotlight for himself. The guy is so full of himself he has to change his name every 2 weeks. In the music business he's only known for signing in artists then fucking them over later, dancing like a fool in the back of B.I.G.'s videos, and banging J-Lo way back in the 90's. He doesn't represent Hip Hop in the purest form ..[/b]
    So? Still doesn't change the fact that hes a legend in the music industry. I'm sure EVERYONE knows who Diddy is, even the people who don't listen to Hip-Hop.

I was stating the fact of how shitty this guy is[/b]
    Even though you think hes "shitty" hes still a legend and his opinion will always count more than yours ever will, no matter what. And thats a fact, sorry.

MTV is a joke. MTV = Musical Television, but how much music does MTV actually play? Yeah, exactly. None.[/b]
    Umm, when was the last time you actually watched MTV?
    I have 9 different MTVs and on most of them theres almost always music. I'm watching MTV right now, Kanye West - Homecoming is on. ^^

Who? Bosnians? Foreign people will like anything from Soulja Boy to Lil Mama[/b]
    No, not really. I don't know anyone here who likes Soulja Boy or Lil Mama . To be honest I don't know ANYBODY who likes Soulja Boy, except Curly. :\
    Most of the people here who listen to Hip-Hop listen to stuff like The Game, Kanye West, Eminem & Lil Wayne.

Oh-- the irony.[/b]
    If they're so bad then how come they sell so much? Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.
    And please don't make me rip your sorry ass apart AGAIN like I did in the other topic, Curly Boy. I almost felt bad for you.

sime217

meh, i liked p diddy, he was always a bit more laid back than the other rappers.
    lil wayne maybe the youngest best rapper, but not the best.
    kanye west hands down. at least HIS music means something to him.

Manboy101

Umm, when was the last time you actually watched MTV?
    I have 9 different MTVs and on most of them theres almost always music. I'm watching MTV right now, Kanye West - Homecoming is on. ^^[/b]
    Damn what kinda cable do you get? :huh:
    I only get MTV and MTV2 and both of them suck ass.

MTV only shows all the sucky ass rappers, and MTV2 shows every rapper with the same "Lil" Or "Yung" in their name.

MirZa117

Damn what kinda cable do you get? :huh:
    I only get MTV and MTV2 and both of them suck ass.

MTV only shows all the sucky ass rappers, and MTV2 shows every rapper with the same "Lil" Or "Yung" in their name.[/b]
    I pay 10€ a month and i get like 800 more channels, without that I'd only have 3 MTVs =[
    Got MTV Music (only music on this one), MTV Euro, MTV 2, MTV F, MTV Hits, MTV Base, MTV NL, MTV Pulse, MTV Idol and the normal MTV :P

but lets not go off topic >.<