Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kanye outselling 50!

This is a discussion on Kanye outselling 50! within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; It looks like 50 Cent is headed for retirement, if store reports continue to trend the way they were by ...
Page: 1

MirZa117

It looks like 50 Cent is headed for retirement, if store reports continue to trend the way they were by mid-afternoon today (Sept. 11). 50 Cent had told SOHH.com that he would quit the rap game if his new G-Unit/Interscope album, "Curtis," was outsold by Kanye West's Def Jam set "Graduation," both of which were released today.

Sales data is finalized Sunday at midnight when the Nielsen SoundScan week officially ends, but early indications are that West will be the victor, at least in the first week.

According to executives with three of the major labels, whose job duties include projecting first week scans based on early store sales reports, "Graduation" could come in at the 575,000-700,000 range, while "Curtis" is being projected in the 500,000-600,000 range.

Meanwhile, Kenny Chesney's "Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates," also released today, is projected to arrive the 400,000-550,000 range, with one sales projecting guru putting the country star neck and neck with 50 Cent.

A check with one Northeast urban-oriented store selling both the 50 Cent and West albums found the former outselling the latter seven copies to three copies today.

But when asked why there was such a light turnout for the two biggest urban music stars, the store owner admitted selling 144 copies of "Curtis" and 91 copies of "Graduation" over the weekend, "Of course, you realize Sept. 11 wasn't the release date in my store," he said.[/b]
    But yeah.. in the end, we all know that 50's gonna win -.^

Banned

After 1 day it's at

1. Kanye West
    2. Kenny Chesney
    3. 50 Cent

too bad they sucks

redbluegreen44

would be cool to see 50 cent give up rapping and join or start a rock band xD

5DollahSuckySucky

50 has already said he wont retire if graduation outsells curtis he took back the retirement statement back in august

lol it was funny though when Kanye refused to go on TRL because they didn't give him a MVA, and when he didn't 50 took that as a prime time to talk even more shit on him.. but it all comes down to the numbers at the end of the day.

if you have anything to do with Mtv as an artist.. you are a joke

Banned

if you have anything to do with Mtv as an artist.. you are a joke[/b]

it's how you promote your shit.

money isn't everything

if you have anything to do with Mtv as an artist.. you are a joke[/b]
    lol so tell me which artist u worship ? please explain

i don't worship anything.. i listen to everything except country

MirZa117

Kanye West looks to top next week's The Billboard 200 chart, according to results that will be posted later today (Sept. 12) on Nielsen SoundScan's new Building Charts feature.

All eyes are on the Sept. 11 album schedule, with anticipated new releases by West, 50 Cent and Kenny Chesney. SoundScan's recently launched Building Charts post unweighted tracking-week sales from eight leading accounts through close of Tuesday each Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET, and sales through Thursday each Friday afternoon.

Billboard has learned that today's SoundScan Building Chart indicates first-day sales of 437,000 for West's "Graduation," 310,000 for 50 Cent's "Curtis" and 107,000 for Chesney's "Just Who I Am: Poets and Pirates." The Building Charts offer an indication of how races shape up each week for SoundScan's final charts, which post projected national sales each Wednesday morning, extrapolated from a panel of merchants that represents more than 90% of the U.S. music market.

Retailers now contributing data to the Building Charts include Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Borders, Circuit City, iTunes, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. The last two mentioned are rackjobbers that place music into mass merchants, including WalMart's stores. More retailers will be added to that panel in the near future.

Some pundits project West will surpass 750,000. His own August 2005 release, "Late Registration," was the last album to start above that mark. It bowed at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 with opening sales of 860,000 copies and led the chart for two weeks. The largest sales week this year belongs to Linkin Park's "Minutes to Midnight" with 623,000, while Rascal Flatts' "Me and My Gang" had the biggest frame of 2006 when it started at 722,000.[/b]

well after listening to the 50 cd I hope he does retire...its pretty terrible...first cd was good, and the first g unit cd, everything since then has been terrible.

5DollahSuckySucky

September 13, 2007. If you thought the battle between 50 Cent and Kanye West was over, you'd be wrong. While just about every expert is projecting that Kanye West will sell more albums, 50 Cent isn't taking his apparent loss sitting down.

MediaTakeOut.com exclusively learned that the Queens rapper has ordered executives at his record label Interscope to go out to record stores and purchase 300K copies of his album Curtis.

According to an Interscope insider, 50 Cent laid down the gauntlet to the record company on a conference call yesterday. The tipster told MediaTakeOut.com, "[50 Cent] basically told us that we were being too cheap with his project ... He laid out an ultimatum, either we go out and, using our own money, buy up 300K copies of Curtis. Or he'll leave [the label]."

And 50 Cent's strong-handed tactic may just work. The tipster explained to MediaTakeOut.com, "For [Interscope] to do what [50 Cent] is asking, we'd have to significantly increase our post-production budget ... But 50 Cent is our most important artist, so we're looking for ways to make accommodations."

Right now music industry experts are speculating that Kanye will sell approximately 750K copies of his album Graduation this week. Without Interscope's 300K album purchase, 50 Cent's Curtis is projected to sell only 600K.

not anymore kk

Banned

what a bitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast