Kurt Cobain #12 on top 100 guitarist on all time?

This is a discussion on Kurt Cobain #12 on top 100 guitarist on all time? within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/593...sts_of_all_time Do you agree with Kurt Cobain being #12?! I mean John Frusciante is 10x better then Kurt and yet ...
Page: 1

redbluegreen44

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/593...sts_of_all_time

Do you agree with Kurt Cobain being #12?! I mean John Frusciante is 10x better then Kurt and yet hes 6 places behind ~_~ anyways do you guys think this list is accurate...

Speed

lol that list is way off dude.. theres PLENTY of better guitar players then the top 10 or even top 25... that list sux

whole list is bullshit.. and they didnt't specify best in what way

if it is sticking to written music then hendrix fails...

Cocaine

Yeah, that list is fucked. Trey Anastasio at 73? Yeah right. David Gilmour at 82? Lol. Randy Rhodes 85? Wtf. That list is retarded.

Sharona

heheh, there is many that is better than Kurt Cobain at gitar, guess he just got high up on the list cuz he is a great song writer too (which shouldn't got anything to do with the "guitarists" list)

i also think Eddie Van Halen got a little too far down on the list.
    also Øystein Sunde should have been on the list, guess he didnt get in cuz he isnt that well knowned as Hendrix, Page, Ramone, Frusciante, etc..

Bukowski

I had to laugh at this list.....robert randolph at 97 and ben harper didnt even make the list at all...lol has anybody heard these two play the slide guitar? even if you havent taken anything you will feel as if you are tripping :P

Banned

List is subjective and some guitar players should be higher than others

Nactoble

Those are some really mainstream guitarists in the list.
    Can't see Muhammed Suiçmez (Necrophagist) Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) there..
    Even tho i dont like Children of Bodom at all but i must admit that Alexi writes some sweet solos:
    Kissing The Shadows Solo

This one is rly beautiful solo written by Muhammed Suiçmez, it's a bit repetive at times but i still enjoy it. (some random dude playing it in this vid tho):
    Fermented Offal Discharge

stadik-god

7 Stevie Ray Vaughan i agree with this one

these lists are always way off. It should be called "top 100 guitarists from big successful bands that we like".

What is frank zappa doing down at 45? Why is kirk hammett even in the list? Probably the biggest crime of all is the lack of IMO the 2 most gifted and technically unlimited guitarists of all time: Alan Holdsworth and Shawn Lane. The people who compiled it just listed their favourite bands, they are obviously clueless about real guitarists. Kinda sad really, Lane died and hardly anyone knows about him, he was arguably a genius on the level of Liszt.

Babek

Where's Johnny Marr? Eric Johnson? John Squire?

Tokar

Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen arent on list...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NfZBvRvkIg

Looks like someone deaf made that list.