Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Lil Wayne Vs Drake

This is a discussion on Lil Wayne Vs Drake within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Both talented but have no content. They rap about the same shit and it looks to me that those who ...
Page: 2

Both talented but have no content. They rap about the same shit and it looks to me that those who are fans are the ones who enjoy hip hop light. If you really wanted to go into it ,it's obvious that Drake is much better then Wayne. His rhyme scheme is pretty original and he has sickening wordplay. Wayne comes with a pretty good flow but he goes off into tangents in his rhymes simply because he really isn't that good. Drake has the potential to be great if he just upgrades his content and choose to rap about something that isn't as shallow as his current track listing. Wayne doesn't even have that option, he isn't that great a lyricist but his flow is on point.

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Ace View Post
    Both talented but have no content. They rap about the same shit and it looks to me that those who are fans are the ones who enjoy hip hop light. If you really wanted to go into it ,it's obvious that Drake is much better then Wayne. His rhyme scheme is pretty original and he has sickening wordplay. Wayne comes with a pretty good flow but he goes off into tangents in his rhymes simply because he really isn't that good. Drake has the potential to be great if he just upgrades his content and choose to rap about something that isn't as shallow as his current track listing. Wayne doesn't even have that option, he isn't that great a lyricist but his flow is on point.
    wow...... is all i have to say
    i mean ur right to ur own opinion but wayne a bad with his lyrics? lol go listen to some freestyles of his man

futureofhiphop

grim... smoking aces is right... wayne only talks about money,pussy, other random shit... the only thing that keeps wayne on top is his flow... wayne has one of the sickest flows.... wayne has some lyrics sometimes!!!!!! but wayne is still a beast.... but i understand where ur coming from smokin...

Quote Originally Posted by griml2eaper View Post
    wow...... is all i have to say
    i mean ur right to ur own opinion but wayne a bad with his lyrics? lol go listen to some freestyles of his man
    His freestyles are overrated, all he has is a nice flow. He can never keep on track with his verse , put it simply he sounds like he is rambling.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afnWRH5foQw]YouTube - Joe Budden Bet Cypher 2009[/ame]

THAT is a freestyle... He is on point the whole rhyme , he doesn't have to make up words to keep the verse moving. There are plenty of rappers who can come out on flow alone. To be honest a good flow is all that is really needed to be a top selling rapper. It appeals to the masses, I honestly need to hear some great lyrics before I think your worth anything. Look at 50cent, Method Man, Saigon( kinda ) they're lyrics are simplistic, but they flow like water. Wayne is in the same boat, if you don't believe me go ahead and compare Wayne to someone like Papoose, Joe Budden, Eminem, Nas (G.O.A.T) .

P.S. Only guys who can flow as good as Wayne on that list is Joey and Em.

futureofhiphop

yea i remember hehe... he ripped that shit hard...

its not a wet dream ur just gettin shot at while u sleeping ^^ holla!!

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Weezy's better

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

No one could ever beat Big L's freestyles tho.

futureofhiphop

big l is nice too.. i stilll listen to that big l and jay-z freestyle

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR9b9fkXmGY]YouTube - Lil Wayne Ice Cream Paint Job [No Ceiling] mixtape[/ame]

futureofhiphop

run this town from lil wayne is my fav from the mixtape...

nigga we r, so ready for d war
    c a r t e r, put the beat in e r

im colder then b r, add another 3 r's
    watch me like d v d v c r

nice lyrics and flow

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by futureofhiphop View Post
    run this town from lil wayne is my fav from the mixtape...

nigga we r, so ready for d war
    c a r t e r, put the beat in e r

im colder then b r, add another 3 r's
    watch me like d v d v c r

nice lyrics and flow
    lil wayne's flow is always good as hell
    lol but theirs so meny lyrics and lines that i like from alot of his songs
    heres a couple off top of head

" we Strap up Shut the fuck up And dipity de do"
    "your flow never wet like grandma's pussy"
    "Im the man around this motha fucka im so hot u probly catch a tan around this motha fucka"
    "i swear ya cant fuck with me... but i can fuck ur girl make her nut for me and slut for me then kill for me then steal for me and of course it will be your cash then ill murder that bitch and send her body back to your ass"

futureofhiphop

all my kicks fly like lui king
    ima monster everyday is halloween
    dude why would u even want her back? and just in case i forget my name i made her get it on her back/

Does any1 think Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Ace View Post
    Does any1 think Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive?
    Best ~~~ Not really

Smartest ~~~ Yes (Yea I know its wayne, and hes not that smart but when it comes to his money hes the smartest, because even though underground rappers, and some known rapper make fun of him for mixing up some pop and shit into his music, hes still doing what it takes to get on the radio and make money. Some rappers have mad skill but will never amount to anything because they cant get the WHOLE world behind them, just the few that actually like hip hop for hip hop. Wayne goes beyond just rapping for rapping and makes bank while he does it, Birdman even said his bankroll is now more then Jay-Z.)
    Last edited by T_rey; 11-20-2009 at 12:45 AM.

AphRaeL

all im saying

out of the topic 2..lil wayne.

best rapper..eminem

and with that, im outta hereee

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Music
    Refback This thread
    Hits: 1
    01-09-2023, 01:45 AM
  2. Music