Mercary Awards Winners

This is a discussion on Mercary Awards Winners within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Just finished watching this years Mercary awards and was plesantly suprized my choice got there. The Klaxons are one of ...
Page: 1

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Just finished watching this years Mercary awards and was plesantly suprized my choice got there.

The Klaxons are one of the new faces of music in the UK and their album is very very very deserving of such an prestigous award.

I would highly reconmend people listening to their mega track - Golden Skans.

It's really nice to have some fresh UK talent still comming through year after year. If you like Golden Skans then their album is "Myths Of the Near Future" is a good buy/download.

Just sharing my of my views on my music tastes as for a long time I found it really hard to find any "new" bands to really get into .

ArtOfFighters

Just finished watching this years Mercary awards and was plesantly suprized my choice got there.

The Klaxons are one of the new faces of music in the UK and their album is very very very deserving of such an prestigous award.

I would highly reconmend people listening to their mega track - Golden Skans.

It's really nice to have some fresh UK talent still comming through year after year. If you like Golden Skans then their album is "Myths Of the Near Future" is a good buy/download.

Just sharing my of my views on my music tastes as for a long time I found it really hard to find any "new" bands to really get into .[/b]
    +1

The Klaxons are awesome, totally under-rated just now, give them time and they will make it big

ArtOfFighters

Magick is awesome too =]

and the clap clap song lol XD

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Some cracking tracks , a very fresh sound too!

ArtOfFighters

It's a big spin off of Enter Shikari tho... however, I prefere Klaxons to ES anyday.[/b]
    LOL?

theyr nothing alike :P

enter shikari = screamo

klaxons = indie

ArtOfFighters

Rock and Rave concept is still there for both of them. Just cuz the singer and lyrics are different doesn't mean the whole band is.

I suppose they are massively different but if you give ES a slow drum and a British singer... you get Klaxons[/b]
    lol it changes the whole concept, completely changes the style of the music :lol:

also the guitar for the klaxons is not as "heavy" as enter shikari

enter shikari also have "dance" beats mixed in with their tunes, the klaxons do not :P

they are 100% different :lol: