Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The "Metal" has been stolen

This is a discussion on The "Metal" has been stolen within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Am I alone thinking the metal genre has been stolen by the mainstream community? Music genre's are highly personal considerations ...
Page: 1

Vishnu

Am I alone thinking the metal genre has been stolen by the mainstream community? Music genre's are highly personal considerations with no real boundaries indeed. But when radio channels seriously think they are sending really hard metal playing bands like Takida, Linkin park, new In flames etc and advertising it, I feel like they stole my music replacing the nu-metal tagg with the metal tagg. Imo nu-metal is a horrible name of a music genre, should be called modern rock or something else not connected with metal. People get confused, all these wannabe metalheads saddens me.

Mezmerize

categorizing music is retarded. for example slipknot is basically considered as a nu-metal band, but you can easily notice a big diffrence between the style of many of their songs, let's say "disasterpiece" and "wait and bleed". even though i like both they're compleatly diffrent but made by the same band.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

I gotta agree with Vishnu. Some one called slayer punk rock a few weeks ago, my blood boiled and I was so angry at how stupid he was I was stuttering....

I gotta agree with Vishnu. Some one called slayer punk rock a few weeks ago, my blood boiled and I was so angry at how stupid he was I was stuttering....[/b]
    be thankful you didn't spontaneously combust

dunno what u guys on about linkin park is fucking crazy metal and slayer? that shits classical rock

i be a metalhead

p.s whats nu-metal

p.ss i dont like metal just putting in my valid opinion

p.sss jk its never valid.

be thankful you didn't spontaneously combust

dunno what u guys on about linkin park is fucking crazy metal and slayer? that shits classical rock

i be a metalhead

p.s whats nu-metal

p.ss i dont like metal just putting in my valid opinion

p.sss jk its never valid.[/b]
    Slayer is classic rock? It's not rock.....it's one of the earliest forms of death metal, or that's how I define them.

mahmoodxD

xD slayer punk rock :P, i like punk too (mostly just the misfits) but thats just hilarious

That's like saying altars of madness is a pop album :P

fonzy

slayer is metal u dumbfuck just listen to what there saying and anyone who says its punk rock deserves to be kick in the nads>.>
    and linkin park is a prespubecent little bitch band

mahmoodxD

slayer is metal u dumbfuck just listen to what there saying and anyone who says its punk rock deserves to be kick in the nads>.>
    and linkin park is a prespubecent little bitch band[/b]
    i was replying to the statement that it was punk rock ^_^

as for slayers genre, i dont think of them so much as death metal, maybe some of it is. Perhaps Brutal thrash? I suppose looking at them as early death metal is valid, either way angel of death is still one of the best metal songs ever

Lord0fWar

Slayer is classic rock? It's not rock.....it's one of the earliest forms of death metal, or that's how I define them.[/b]
    hahahaahahahahaah this fails so much. At whitch stage of slayers music has it been death metal may i ask? ofcs slayers was one of the greatest influences for the earliest death metal bands like CC and ect.... but really slayer has and will allways be trash metal nuf said =P. Learn your genres b4 you talk about em

Banned Senior Member

I dont see how one can classify Linkin Park as Metal, I know technically they are Nu-Metal but to me, they are a mix of a little bit of everything

hahahaahahahahaah this fails so much. At whitch stage of slayers music has it been death metal may i ask? ofcs slayers was one of the greatest influences for the earliest death metal bands like CC and ect.... but really slayer has and will allways be trash metal nuf said =P. Learn your genres b4 you talk about em[/b]
    Fail maybe, but not that big of a fail. Learn my genres? I know metal like the back of my hand.

Zaczaco11

there are 6 bands that can be called the catalyst or births of metal: led zeppelin, iron maiden, metallica, ozzy, slayer, and ac/dc (i personally believe they're catalysts but w/e) and i believe metal died along with kirk cobain, anything after cobain's deat seems nothing more than a cheap immitation of what used to be great (even the greats such as metallica have never since been as good) so anything after that i don't feel comfortable with the term "metal" being tagged to it, now alternative metal, heavy metal, death metal, emo metal, sex metal, metal dildos...thats fine but metal, just as "metal" is no longer around.

(all my opinion)

don't get your panties in a bunch

us electronic listeners have grudgingly accepted the fact that every form of electronic music is "techno." i think the distinction between metal and rock is enough to ask for.
    now if only someone would distinguish techno and trance

riiiight

don't get your panties in a bunch

us electronic listeners have grudgingly accepted the fact that every form of electronic music is "techno." i think the distinction between metal and rock is enough to ask for.
    now if only someone would distinguish techno and trance

riiiight[/b]

I listen to techno, and you listen to trance. D:

Zaczaco11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1MnOJM4Sgg <--claims metal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgqxQmAbTBc <-- is metal

can u hear the difference?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast