Otep

This is a discussion on Otep within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Found this band a few years back, got introduced to a song called T.R.I.C. by a friend, but lost it ...
Page: 1

Vishnu

Found this band a few years back, got introduced to a song called T.R.I.C. by a friend, but lost it due to harddrive corruptness and couldnt think of the band again until just recently.

There's a Nirvana cover (Breed) on the new album The_Ascension which is played in the beginning of Shoot Em Up, which is how I found em again.
    If you like faster, brutal, screamo metal you should try this. Oh and yeah, it's a girl singing. She's good and fucking hot

I cant stand scream/growl metal...it honestly hurts my ears, maybe because im getting old. Otep does have a few good songs though, she aint bad looking either but WT>OTepd in hawtness.

Vishnu

I cant stand scream/growl metal...it honestly hurts my ears, maybe because im getting old. Otep does have a few good songs though, she aint bad looking either but WT>OTepd in hawtness.[/b]

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm not a real big fan either of pure growling/screamo, there's a style in between growling and singing, there's not a whole lot of band that do it well, and those who do make shitty songs just like everybody else aswell.

Otep made a few really nice songs, if you havent you should try Sacriledge (The lord is my weapon), battle ready, possesions, T.R.I.C. from the album Sevas tra and Confrontation, breed, crooked spoons and Noose and nails from the new album Ascension. There she got a nice sound with less screaming.