Power Metal :D

This is a discussion on Power Metal :D within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; My favourite power metal band is stratovarius, what about u guys? any strato fans? symph x?...
Page: 1

mahmoodxD

My favourite power metal band is stratovarius, what about u guys? any strato fans? symph x?

Xtr3m3

Sonata Arctica is pretty good

WhimsicalOrangeRoad

my favorite is MasterPlan

Nactoble

most of the power metal i've heard is rubbish but Symphony X is pretty good due to it's progressiveness.

i never thought of Stratovarious or Symph-X as power metal really. I associate it more with bands like Manowar. Both those bands are more prog.

Nactoble

ya well, i wouldn't count Symphony X as power metal either.. they're progressive metal to me too. Bands like Rhapsody of Fire and Dragonforce are power metal. To me Manowar is more heavy metal than power metal because they dont sound that flowerish like most of the power metal bands do.

xXEdwiNXx

Omg 2 guys who know Manowar :P

I'm power/heavy/progressive metal addict :P

Stratovarius were such a great band, but their last cd is just crap... Symph X so good :P I'm lovin Micheal Romeo playing...
    I'd like to be with my brother when he saw both Symph And Stratovarius on stage...

I dunno exactly the difference between power/epic/progressive/heavy metal, so i'll post you some band i love :

Old
    Angra (Angels cry, ZITO, Wuthering Heights,Carry on...)
    At Vance (Classical cover : Vivaldi etc..,Only Human, Soldier of time, Eyes of the tiger)
    Blind Guardian ( Nightfall, Born in a mourning hall, The Bard Song)
    Edguy
    Entwine
    Epica
    Freedom call
    Gamma Ray (Shine one, Valley of the King)
    Hammerfall (Glory to the brave, hammerfall)
    Helloween
    Kamelot (Epica, center of the universe)
    Manowar ( Nearly all of their song)
    Rhapsody (Emerald sword, Wisdom of the king, Wizard last rhythm...)
    Symphony X (Out of the Ashes, Of sin and shadow)

That's all, this is what i use to listen... They are many more bands but they are not heavy/power/epic/progressive metal

And sorry if i was wrong about some title, or bands ( if they are not heavy/.../prog metal :P)