Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Slayer

This is a discussion on Slayer within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; cannibal corpse were WAY more extreme than all those bands. Not necessarily influential, just extreme. Not because the music was ...
Page: 2

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

cannibal corpse were WAY more extreme than all those bands. Not necessarily influential, just extreme. Not because the music was inherently evil, but because they went out of their way to make the lyrics as vile as possible. I met Jack Owen back in 94 in london and he basically said it almost became an inside joke to get as much negative media attention as possible. They didn't make the lyrics vague to avoid prosecution, they just basically described really disgusting shit in vivid detail which is what offended so many people.

The only band to come close were Deicide imo, but they only became big a bit after CC. They had a lot of death threats and were banned in many countries.[/b]
    You know you've made it to the big leagues when people forbid you from entering your country and want to kill you :lol:

Lord0fWar

So, it seems like you used last.fm some, So far I havent been able to "love" not even one song, but I got quite a blocklist. How can I get this damn program to actually play some good music? Even if it plays a band I DO like, it always play the songs I dont like by it. Do I have to sit and block songs for a week straight before it actually plays a song I actually enjoy?[/b]
    You shouldnt use the radio thigi it sucks ass. Try to go trought the similar artist thigin on the left its alot better if you want to find new artist that you might like. Thats what ive done and found a bunch of good bands.
    Last.fm ftw

ministry

really love slayer been listening to them since i was around 12-13 im 18 now. I really like their old school albums reign in blood and back there is really no bad song

Vishnu

Their last album on their contract should be coming out this year, cant fucking wait

MrT

I love Slayer and its prolly the best Thrash Metal Band ever but their last 2 albums are not THAT good, unfortunately. The Lyrics are still kickass but the style of their music changed a lil bit, which i dont really like that much. Best Album ever and also best Thrash Metal album in general is "Reign In Blood", especially the track Angel of Death is awesome... This Album has absolutely no weak songs, its kickin ur fukin ass from the first till the last second.

Vishnu

I love Slayer and its prolly the best Thrash Metal Band ever but their last 2 albums are not THAT good, unfortunately. The Lyrics are still kickass but the style of their music changed a lil bit, which i dont really like that much. Best Album ever and also best Thrash Metal album in general is "Reign In Blood", especially the track Angel of Death is awesome... This Album has absolutely no weak songs, its kickin ur fukin ass from the first till the last second. [/b]
    I like the heavier sound, as I rate God hates us all as the best album and Christ Illusion as the second.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12