Tha Carter III sells 423,000 copies the FIRST DAY

This is a discussion on Tha Carter III sells 423,000 copies the FIRST DAY within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Lil Wayne's new CD sells 423,000 in a day June 11, 2008, 5:29 PM EST NEW YORK (AP) -- The ...
Page: 1

MirZa117

Lil Wayne's new CD sells 423,000 in a day
    June 11, 2008, 5:29 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) -- The excessive leaks and bootlegging of Lil Wayne's new album haven't prevented it from being a hot seller: The rapper's "Tha Carter III" sold 423,000 copies in its first day of release, according to Billboard magazine, citing figures from Nielsen SoundScan.

With such sales, Lil Wayne is on pace to sell about 900,000 copies of the CD in its first week and post the best sales debut of the year. Last year's first-week top-seller was from Kanye West, who sold some 957,000 copies of "Graduation."

Though Lil Wayne has been on the rap scene for years, "Tha Carter III," released Tuesday, was expected to be the album that catapults the critically acclaimed rapper into pop superstardom. Ubiquitous on mixtapes and a frequent collaborator, he has owned the No. 1 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 pop chart for the past few weeks with his song "Lollipop," and "Tha Carter III" is among this year's most anticipated CDs.

His last two albums, "Tha Carter" and "Tha Carter II," sold 1.1 million and 1.4 million copies, respectively.

The release date for "Tha Carter III" was pushed back several times because the album was frequently leaked and bootlegged.

The year's best first-week seller so far was posted by Mariah Carey. Her "E=MC2" sold about 463,000 in the first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

----------
    Source: msn.com

Damn, 423k the first day? O_O and it leaked 12 days before it came out
    gogo platinum first week! D:

Banned

Lil Wayne's new CD sells 423,000 in a day
    June 11, 2008, 5:29 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) -- The excessive leaks and bootlegging of Lil Wayne's new album haven't prevented it from being a hot seller: The rapper's "Tha Carter III" sold 423,000 copies in its first day of release, according to Billboard magazine, citing figures from Nielsen SoundScan.

With such sales, Lil Wayne is on pace to sell about 900,000 copies of the CD in its first week and post the best sales debut of the year. Last year's first-week top-seller was from Kanye West, who sold some 957,000 copies of "Graduation."

Though Lil Wayne has been on the rap scene for years, "Tha Carter III," released Tuesday, was expected to be the album that catapults the critically acclaimed rapper into pop superstardom. Ubiquitous on mixtapes and a frequent collaborator, he has owned the No. 1 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 pop chart for the past few weeks with his song "Lollipop," and "Tha Carter III" is among this year's most anticipated CDs.

His last two albums, "Tha Carter" and "Tha Carter II," sold 1.1 million and 1.4 million copies, respectively.

The release date for "Tha Carter III" was pushed back several times because the album was frequently leaked and bootlegged.

The year's best first-week seller so far was posted by Mariah Carey. Her "E=MC2" sold about 463,000 in the first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

----------
    Source: msn.com
    Damn, 423k the first day? O_O and it leaked 12 days before it came out
    gogo platinum first week! D:[/b]

I've had it for a good 2 weeks now.

Fav tracks:

3 Peat
    Mr Carter
    Got Money
    Comfortable
    Dr.Carter
    Tie My Hands
    Shoot Me Down
    Lollipop
    Good Girl Gone Bad
    I'm Me
    Love Me Or Hate Me.

Rest of them are wack.

MirZa117

I've had it for a good 2 weeks now.

Fav tracks:

3 Peat
    Mr Carter
    Got Money
    Comfortable
    Dr.Carter
    Tie My Hands
    Shoot Me Down
    Lollipop
    Good Girl Gone Bad
    I'm Me
    Love Me Or Hate Me.
    Rest of them are wack.[/b]
    Looks like you got the wrong one cause I'm Me & Love Me Or Hate Me are from The Leak. And Good Girl Gone Bad is a few years old. ;c

5DollahSuckySucky

He still wack-sauce

400k is nothing

No Strings Attached sold 1.1 million copies in one day and 2.4 million copies in one week.. N'SYNC > Lil'Wayne >_>

MirZa117

The album by No Strings Attached (whoever the fuck that is) probably came out 5 (or more) years ago, before albums started leaking everywhere 2 weeks before they actually came out.
    Selling 423k the first day is a big accomplishment nowadays and I don&#39;t think anyone will sell more this year. Last year Graduation sold about 400k the first day too and that was the highest selling album (the first day..) in the year. <_<

actually the album came out in NAPSTER&#39;s PRIME

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

In 1996, Metallica&#39;s Load album sold 680,000 in its first week, their follow-up album, Re-Load, sold 435,000 in its first week, in 1997.