Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Guild wars 2

This is a discussion on Guild wars 2 within the Other forums, part of the Games category; lol sam, ofc I remember that rage-happy nub leveling doesn't take long. It seems like that at first but then ...
Page: 2

Little archer Senior Member

lol sam, ofc I remember that rage-happy nub

leveling doesn't take long. It seems like that at first but then you realize that pretty much everything you do gives you XP. From exploring, to crafting, to quests, events, gathering materials, completing a map or your daily achievements... meh.

Each level basically takes the same amount of time to get, provided that you are leveling in a zone according to your level.

I got my elementalist to 80 in about 3 weeks (or 4), but I didn't know what the hell I was doing, and I'm proud of doing it without the help of guides or youtube vids

There were 4-5 people from k4l playing at first but they suddenly vanished.

Yea, feels like lvl 2-3 took pretty much the same time as 23-24 lol, currently just doing all the group event stuff, goes pretty fast and its quite fun as well, gonna cheat and find myself some guides tho feels like im wasting skill and trait points on shit atm lol

you can re learn your traits for a very small fee.

about the skill points, once you're 80 you get a free skill point every time you level up again (you don't reach level 81, you just get a new skill point)

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

What is the PVP like? Is it as fluid as KO? And are the servers active? Thinking of trying another MMO (lord forgive me for this) but don't know what to go for. Someone posted a link to a game called Forge which looks interesting but raw, WOW is too expensive for a casual play, and I don't think I'd enjoy a game which has slow and blocky PVP.

Im not high enough lvl tp pk so far,but the movies ive seen looks intresting, and i got the feeling so far it will b a pretty good pvp game, Im currently playing one of the server with least populace still there is no problem finding people to play with, the map is HUGE tho

Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    What is the PVP like? Is it as fluid as KO? And are the servers active? Thinking of trying another MMO (lord forgive me for this) but don't know what to go for. Someone posted a link to a game called Forge which looks interesting but raw, WOW is too expensive for a casual play, and I don't think I'd enjoy a game which has slow and blocky PVP.
    You'd have to try it to know what it is like. It's kinda on the skill side (because of the dodge mechanic and similar gear tiers that are easily reachable) but it's not like KO.

There are 2 modes of pvp: structured pvp and world vs world.

Structured pvp is a mode that you can access directly from your interface while you are doing whatever. You get teleported to a map (think of it as a game lobby) where other spvpers are there sitting around. you get insta level 80 and can configure your specs and build. When you feel ready you can talk to a npc (who is the actual lobby) and join a room of your liking. there are only 5 maps right now, and every hotjoin game rotates all 5 of them in the same order.

those maps consist in capturing 3 nodes. 8v8, same gear for everyone, rank 1 to 80 (rank =/= PvE level).

and there's WvW... it's more like a KO war map. Only that it goes on 24/7 and there are forts and structures to capture. people rush usually in BIG groups and it makes my computer lag, so I stay away from it.

it's kinda like CZ but with an incentive on capturing things instead of just mindlessly running to enemy base and killing anyone in your way.

you get autoscaled to 80 as well, but the difference between an autoscaled char and a true 80 with the best gear tier is noticeable. your pve gear matters in that map.

Is there anything to gain by pking? Like tax income by these forts, or cape's or style options like ko?

Quote Originally Posted by casual View Post
    Is there anything to gain by pking? Like tax income by these forts, or cape's or style options like ko?
    Well, your server (or world, it's world vs world after all, your server vs other server vs other server) gets some minimal bonuses for pve I think?

Your guild also becomes famed. There are a few achievements to get too (titles, etc).

As for Spvp, you unlock better looking armors (for spvp. the spvp items are only spvp items, can't be used outside of it), titles, and a better rank for looks. There's also free tournaments and paid tournaments (paid tournaments award gems, the equivalent of Knight Cash, if you win)

the games growing quickly in content wise so it might get even better. there's a huge patch coming on dec 14th

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

May think about giving it a try who knows.

PS: casual your ronaldo signature is hilarious.

you should, the first game i tried, i actually feels like im going to keep up after ko, if u do hit me up and ill help u get started
    yea the sig is hillarious, stolen from google tho,

should pick a common server and play there

teh k4l guild lol

How do u change server anywayz? couldnt find anything at the website, im retarded tho

ah alrite, thanks, might switch server after i lvleed some more

Purchasing it to try it out tomorrow, I'll be playing on Gunnars Hold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12