Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skyrim

This is a discussion on Skyrim within the Other forums, part of the Games category; I can't find any topics about ES5:Skyrim so I decided to make one. How many have gotten their copies already? ...
Page: 1

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Default Skyrim

I can't find any topics about ES5:Skyrim so I decided to make one.
    How many have gotten their copies already?

Personally I got it yesterday and been playing it all day. I just love the game.
    There are still a few bugs but they don't really bother me that much.
    The new talent system which is similar to the witcher 2 talent tree is freaking epic.

Anyway, what are your first impressions of the game?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

First 6 or so hours of the game flew by in what felt like minutes... Unfortunately I've been at work for most of the weekend so haven't had as much time to devote to it as I want. The time I have gotten to spend in it have mainly been doing whatever side quests I can and just exploring, semi-purposely avoiding the main story line for now.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    First 6 or so hours of the game flew by in what felt like minutes... Unfortunately I've been at work for most of the weekend so haven't had as much time to devote to it as I want. The time I have gotten to spend in it have mainly been doing whatever side quests I can and just exploring, semi-purposely avoiding the main story line for now.
    I just finished the main quest. It was really amazing.
    The good thing is I'm now free to do what ever I want. So basically I'm just another hero doing my shit now that the dragon problem has been solved.
    I think I'll try to get in contact with the dark brotherhood.
    I also want to test being a werewolf
    So yeah, dw about finishing the main quest, the game is far from over at that point. Gotta love free roaming <3

Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar

Well i hear most people say that Skyrim gets dull after completing the main quests. I personally like the game when i start playing.. and check the clock a bit after, a lot more time has gone by then i would have guessed :P

The main quest is just a small part of the game. I'm 32 hours into the game and I'm still not bored which is quite surprising to me.
    I'm almost done with most of the quests though, I still have some "major" quests to do for thieves guild and I haven't done any quests for the Companions but that's pretty much it.
    I gotta say I was disappointed in the Dark Brotherhood quests, they were alot more fun in Oblivion.

There are still quite a few bugs and I had to use console commands to skip/fix certain quests.
    Some people are having problem with the Cornered Rat quests but it can be fixed by extracting the files from the Skyrim - VoicesExtra folder.
    There's also a bug that prevents you from getting the quest Dampened Spirits (Thieves guild quest) but you can fix that by typing "Completequest TG03" into the console. To start the next quest type "setstage TG04 1" that should complete the Dampered Spirits quest and start Scoundrel's Folly quest.

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

I've always been an elder scrolls fan, my roommate got skyrim when it released at midnight and has been playing it since in between his school and work. It looks amazing, I'm going to end up making a character here soon.

Im still iffy on buying it i played it, and i love the idea of the game, and the graphics etc, but the battling system to me is just ehh

Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar

What a cool game. I just wanna play this all the time even keeping saints row 3 - zelda waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    Im still iffy on buying it i played it, and i love the idea of the game, and the graphics etc, but the battling system to me is just ehh
    You should stay away from Witcher 2 then, the battle system is just horrid compared to Skyrim.
    Personally I think it's pretty good once you master it. No complains at all.

Do you guys play it on first or third person?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

First, of course. All elder's scrolls games should be played in first person. Plus it's more fun playing a stealther in first person.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    First, of course. All elder's scrolls games should be played in first person. Plus it's more fun playing a stealther in first person.
    I can't bring myself to play it on first person
    I got too used to playing on third person while I was playing Fallout NV >.<

Banned

Been watching live streams of this game and decided to finally buy it. It is very addicting! @ Prodigy, get it you scrub <3 I started like 3-4 hours ago my life will now be consumed by Skryim and my bed will not see me for a few days.

One of the best games I've ever played! I've got level 100: Smithing, Sneaking, One-Handed, Light Armor, Blocking, Alchemy, Enchanting, Archery; finished the Main Quest line, Dark Brotherhood, and Thieves Guild quests. Working on all the Daedric God quests right now. Sooo many hours of gameplay, and I'm still going strong lol! Great game, I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

It's fricking amazing. I've just killed one dragon yet, but i'm saving up the main story for later because i'm worried that i wont play the rest once done with mainstory (happened to me lotsa times)
    tell me ur names btw
    I've made a nordic character and called him Alistar

My beauty. I'm thinking of making another toon once I get a new computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast