Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

1098 Server or 1886 Server ? Make your choice!

This is a discussion on 1098 Server or 1886 Server ? Make your choice! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; 1886 Bugs : Upgrade,Lunar War vs But it is running. Server in case that could be...
Page: 3

1886 Bugs : Upgrade,Lunar War vs But it is running. Server in case that could be

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
    An 1886 will never be fully fixed even 1298 these days have bugs.
    That's big words.

Have you actually tried to code KO to 1800+ version and it seemed impossible ?

The only reason people are not trying to do this, it's because it requires time and when you're alone you don't even have to think about starting one project like this but yeah, that's up to you after all.

Even though i haven't checked SexyKO, i see people saying that it's running the 1886 version of KO and i've never seen anyone complaining about bugs or anything ?
    Except if with "fully fixed" you include even the macros which spam keys like z1. Well macros like this cannot be fixed, even on the most secured game.

Could anyone of you, who replies on projects like this one to tell me why you're writing like you're a doctor-guru of the KO community who knows everything ?
    Personally, i don't know this Zebelced2 guy and the goals he wants to achieve, even though his name is familiar to me. The point is that he's trying to do something really positive for the KO community.
    Zebelced2 likes this.

Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar

Either project will be hard, and it depends on how in depth you want to go with either or, such as level caps, skins, items you want to include, rates etc.

I mean if it were my personal choice i'd personally say 1098, i miss having a big old ugly ogre looking thing screaming at me, I miss breth/piana, I miss old school ko for that matter(not the server). I'm personally not a fan of all this japanese/chinese bs, if i wanted that crap i'd go play usko.

Either way its a hard call for both, and if you're willing to spend all your time and effort into fixing one set of files to "perfection" then well hopefully you've got the security to back it up in order to have a successful long lasting server.

1098 Light-Medium farm server.

Banned Senior Member

Basically? If you aren't going to put the effort into coding it and securing it? Don't waste our time putting it online.

1299 items + 1453 items (juraid mountain and bifrost) pk+medal system server myko time usko mobs like! lvl cap 72 in short ko4u
    Last edited by zamora21; 09-07-2012 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zamora21 View Post
    1299 items + 1453 items (juraid mountain and bifrost) pk+medal system server myko time usko mobs like! lvl cap 72 in short ko4u
    pretty sure question was 1098 or 1886 not 1299+ 1453 shiets

Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iRaiden View Post
    pretty sure question was 1098 or 1886 not 1299+ 1453 shiets
    don't mind him, he just goes to every server topic asking for people to change everything, seen him go to a few topics telling them change from 70 cap to 72 cap and stuff like that.

1098 Farm ? Medium ? Light ? Pk ? Make Selection

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Pk server !!
    Stifa likes this.

Light is cool

Banned Senior Member

1886 , pk server , could some one make a DECENT ONE ?

I highly doubt you know what you're in for with 1.098. Think there were a million exploits with 1.298? 1.098 was considerably worse, they were just rarely if ever abused back then.

It'd take a seriously dedicated effort to remotely secure 1.098 from the game server's end... there's some things that need a full rewrite even to work with some semblance of stability.

You're probably best off with 1886, that is... if you're using/developing from the source code. If not? Seriously, don't bother...

RealNiggaRollCall Senior Member

you know what i havnt seen in a while that kicks ass? a light-med farm pk server thats lvl is 83 max

Banned

I don't know if your serious about making it. I haven't really met a dev that got a 1098 version working, but if you are, I would say 1098.
    anything after 1300 is considered shitty to me. All those krowaz and darkness and primeval stuff is pure garbage. I personally want to go
    back to the old old times, where there were only 6 types of armors. Those was the best times of ko history >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Rec7on View Post
    1886 , pk server , could some one make a DECENT ONE ?
    Bro i want too 1886 pk but all want here 1098 -.-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast