Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
Like Tree1Likes

15xx version server or w/e it's called like ¬

This is a discussion on 15xx version server or w/e it's called like ¬ within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by coolboyp2 Those files are bugged as shit as they're nero's. Pretty much nothing is fixed so it's ...
Page: 2


  1. #16
    Senior Member 4YouNoHealStupiD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    Those files are bugged as shit as they're nero's.
    Pretty much nothing is fixed so it's gonna be a shit server like all of them.
    this guy .. is really stupid

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    am a witness that lloyd phillip's code is coded from scratch , since i been helping him since (3-4 months ago?) not sure tho , we started with 18xx client but we realized that 15xx was the "thing" for ps's server, well atleast that's what we think ,so yet blaming someone to use those shitty nero's files because you dont know the dude doesnt mean it is ,its actually something called humility cus he doesnt like to brag of what he's doing ,that's the main reason why he keep it hidden till its ready. that's the difference between we(engineers) and techs , that's all i gotta say.

    @Tek-Ko its not even in beta, its a PRIVATE test server, if you accidently got the info ,then either test some stuff ( since its not completed yet) or just pass it , it aint mean to be a public beta by the way.
    lol

    /10chars

    on a side note any one else find it a huge coincidence that someone is looking for "x" type of server and than someone who knows him posts that hes actually making "x" type of server lol...

  3. #18
    Senior Member Lert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Nagato posted it at 06.10.12, as I check Tek-KO FB and Forum they got registrations since first of the month.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Phillips View Post
    you just think you know so much. but thats just not true. and about the people who say its full of bug. It aint. if you just come to test it you will see has lots of features working.
    So what's your programming experience? I only ask out of curiosity, and every single time I do I get nothing, out of anyone, because so far, every single one of them has been leeching code and has no idea what they're doing. I mean you no offence if you aren't, but that's the PSKO community for you.

    You've been at this for 3-4 months, working with mgame's base I'd imagine? Seems a little bit too short if you were writing your own base (unless you had all your base components pre-written, because I found myself constantly rewriting my code for obscure use... only for KO...). Still using a static array for players or are you using a more suitable container, and well - more localised player lookups? Their region code's a killer like that. Skill system still terribly unoptimised? They overcomplicate it tremendously, and well... a LOT of it is client-side (not a great deal of changing that though, obviously. Best to just check and be sure the client's actually making any sense, which isn't that great for arrow skills... but meh.).

    But yes, very curious into your endeavour. I've been looking for capable developers for ages, and you randomly show up.

    Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    so yet blaming someone to use those shitty nero's files because you dont know the dude doesnt mean it is ,its actually something called humility cus he doesnt like to brag of what he's doing ,that's the main reason why he keep it hidden till its ready. that's the difference between we(engineers) and techs , that's all i gotta say.
    I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say, but evidently you're trying to be insulting in some manner. Perhaps make your insults more clear in future so that they're actually, y'know, insulting.

  5. #20
    Senior Member Lloyd Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I am not here to argue. I havent advertised my server yet as you can see. But I am working on. I am not a random person I am CS engineer and doing and knowing of things professionally. I do not care what others say about my codes. It might first be seen full of bug and I know they arent. But the truth is that my files have so much efficiency. No more further f.ck will be given to replies about my server bugs. ofc i will appreciate ppl who wil ltry to help me but not to the ones who always speak but do nothing and have no knowledge about at all. and everyone who wants to help me is so welcome both to find the bugs and also fix them.

  6. #21
    Senior Member Lloyd Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lert View Post
    Nagato posted it at 06.10.12, as I check Tek-KO FB and Forum they got registrations since first of the month.
    this souldnt be coincidence
    http://forums.sexyko.net/index.php?s...0&#entry360123

    Yes its true I know the guy who created the topic and havent talked to him for more than 3 months. ive been checking the forums and seen him posting this and thats it no more logic behind

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Phillips View Post
    I am not here to argue. I havent advertised my server yet as you can see. But I am working on. I am not a random person I am CS engineer and doing and knowing of things professionally. I do not care what others say about my codes. It might first be seen full of bug and I know they arent. But the truth is that my files have so much efficiency. No more further f.ck will be given to replies about my server bugs. ofc i will appreciate ppl who wil ltry to help me but not to the ones who always speak but do nothing and have no knowledge about at all. and everyone who wants to help me is so welcome both to find the bugs and also fix them.
    Um, I think you need to re-read what I said again. I wasn't arguing with you, merely asking you questions.

    Edit:
    If you really did have something going there, I'd be willing to help you guys out (if you were up for it). Not exactly the public development I was hoping for, but some development is better than nothing.

  8. #23
    Senior Member Lloyd Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Um, I think you need to re-read what I said again. I wasn't arguing with you, merely asking you questions.
    Well, here is my sentence, infact you gotta re-read. I dont have to answer the questions related to my sources. You are so welcome to ask questions about the server properties but not the sources since i keep this secret.

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Phillips View Post
    Well, here is my sentence, infact you gotta re-read. I dont have to answer the questions related to my sources. You are so welcome to ask questions about the server properties but not the sources since i keep this secret.
    I'm confused as to why you're being so secretive...?

    This is why I'm thinking either:
    - you know what the hell you're doing, in which case you know there's nothing really to be kept secret: sure, you don't have to go into explicit detail - that may expose abusable flaws, but I'm sure you're not doing anything so revolutionary for PRIVATE SERVER EMULATION as needs to be kept under lock and key, and patented to no end. Obviously there's a problem with this, as you're refusing point blank to answer any question whatsoever.
    OR
    - you're just another idiot claiming to make it all work.

    Now, I just want you to know that I have nothing against you, but you're making it really hard to establish trust in you.
    I WANT you to be the first guy. I really do, because I'm sick to death of the number of others since "Nero's" updates were released.

    What I want: is to know that someone else out there's actually doing what they say they're doing in PSKO, and HOPEFULLY get involved (if they'll let me!). Sure, I've got my own project(s), but under the right leadership teams work much better.
    I've been screwing around with KO emulation since early 2008. Surely I must be of help with something.

    Are you that guy?
    Seriously, without the BS and completely unnecessary secrecy (jesus christ, it's KO; a game made in 2002 - almost 11 years old now...) - are you REALLY that guy involved in that project with that team that's going to make this work?

    That's all I want to know. I'm just personally curious. That's all. No hidden agendas.

  10. #25
    Senior Member Lloyd Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I am not gon say more words. but as i said you think you know everything and even though you have no idea about who i am , how on earth you keep talkin ? you shouldnt be talking about the things that you have no idea at all. and flaming people and making estimations with your little brain will not work always. just keep in mind

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Phillips View Post
    I am not gon say more words. but as i said you think you know everything and even though you have no idea about who i am , how on earth you keep talkin ? you shouldnt be talking about the things that you have no idea at all. and flaming people and making estimations with your little brain will not work always. just keep in mind
    I'm talking to a brick wall. Jesus christ.

    Edit:
    I'm going to say it again so your brain can comprehend it.
    One sentence: I WANT TO HELP YOU.

    Does this make sense?
    If so, read on. If not, don't even bother saying you're not going to say anything more, because it's rather annoying now.

    Now:
    I do not pretend to know anything about you. Never did - just telling it as I see it, because since "Nero's code" has been out, we've had dozens of people just like you (from all appearances) come onto this forum claiming to be doing up new servers (using that code - psh, who needs to maintain/update it).

    Each time I see a new person claiming this, I'm hopeful that it'll turn out. Hopeful that they're actually doing something constructive, actually developing the code. This is the type of project I'd be happy to help, if permitted (though it seems I'd have no chance of anything with you because you have no idea what I'm saying, and I seem to be coming across not remotely how I intend to be).

    That's all there is to it. All. I'm not trying to flame you. I'm not trying to "make estimations with my little brain" as you put it.

    I want to help. If there's something to help with.

    I'm not your enemy, I'm not trying to sabotage you or doing anything like that... just seeing if there is actually a project here. I've been around this community for several years (late 2005, early 2006). I've been messing with emulation since 2007. KO emulation, early 2008.

    There's really only one other person I know of that's doing (or did? No idea how involved he is now) something with KO, and that's SexyReplay...
    Recently I tried promoting public source development to coax any interest out of the community to spark any development, but as you can imagine, that really didn't work out.

    So, as the only other alternative is private development. My project's great, but I'd much prefer working in a team - stuff actually gets done (rather than simply working on it when the mood strikes most days, and sparks of active development maybe a week in every month). You're working with 15xx. You have a team. You piqued my interest.

    Obviously I'm going to have nothing to do with your server now (or, ever), so forget I even said anything. I can just be the random small-brained flamer that wanted to ruin your server because he felt like it. That's great, you can move on, and succeed with your project regardless. Best of luck.
    Last edited by twostars; 10-08-2012 at 09:17 AM.

  12. #27
    Senior Member Lloyd Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Yes I would like someone to help me out. Why not , but I dont see you in that mood. I believe you are here to say shit about people like you always do. I never seen you constructive. Well I might not have basic English to understand what you say, It would be hard to understand if you and I worked at the same project. But if you still think this is a fake server like others, then just consider why I should pay 400 USD/mnth and also buy domain name for nothing. As I said , we are working on it, and will TRY to fix everything soon. doesnt mean that I will succeed for 100% chance. but still if you wanna help me , just add me on msn send me your msn address if you use.
    and what i mean by the "team" was to say actaully we are two who are friends in real life. and if you wanna feel more convinced , I HAVE NOT used nero's files.

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Phillips View Post
    Yes I would like someone to help me out. Why not , but I dont see you in that mood. I believe you are here to say shit about people like you always do. I never seen you constructive.
    Mmm, constructive feedback. I tried that, for most of my time working with PSKO (early 2006-now - long time when dealing with the same issues, every single day). Evidently that got the PSKO community nowhere because everyone, and I mean, everyone disregards any advice, or seems to have any semblance of independent thought and just leeches like there's no tomorrow. The sad fact is, most of the public PSKO work is mine. I know not all of it is, and there's various tools and what-not I've probably never even heard of, but for the majority of issues we've had with PSKO, more often than not, I've been the one to fix it and publicly release it, for everyone to use. The interesting thing? People abuse it, claiming it to be their own work, and/or making things out to be so insanely unique - using it to attract attention to their server, when in fact... it's public, and every server should be using it anyway. Majority of players don't know this though, and suck it all up. When it comes to exciting players over things that have been publicly released since 2008, 2009... it's kind of ridiculous, and IMO, worth pointing out. That's all.

    For most of my early work, I used to give extensive information regarding how and why stuff worked, so that it might help others to better understand and implement their own fixes, or figure out more client formats, and even packet structures. The sad fact is, this was for no reason at all - just a waste of my time. I remained the sole active contributor.

    Recently, I tried the same thing, but as previously mentioned, to coax source development from the community. Yes, it was mgame's code, and yes it was insanely horrible, but no - there was really no contributions whatsoever. A whole lot of interest, and a whole lot of complaint when it was taken down (after a month + no other contributions)... but upon bringing it back up, indeed, I was still the sole active contributor (beating around the bush, as it were, waiting for someone to get involved so that I could help them become familiar with how the game works + actually have something to do).

    It's for this reason I believe you don't know me very well. As you might imagine, because of this my attitude towards developers has become considerably harsher. Not the greatest thing in the world, but 99.9% of the time my provocation is "justified". I ask these things in order to tell the leechers from the developers. Again, sad fact: there have been none, yet. You're the most promising.

    SO, after that reasonably sized rant, I apologise if I've come across harsh. I'm not intending to be 'nasty', or flame you. Fact: Most of these servers released (and have been released + subsequently died) are copypasta. It's fairly depressing waiting for a real project to emerge. First impressions tend to be fairly accurate, which is why I may have pre-emptively affirmed my suspicions based on your completely unnecessary secrecy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Phillips View Post
    but still if you wanna help me , just add me on msn send me your msn address if you use.
    and what i mean by the "team" was to say actaully we are two who are friends in real life. and if you wanna feel more convinced , I HAVE NOT used nero's files.
    Sure, but first - what language + environment? I don't expect you to send me code or anything, but if it's in, say, pascal, that language makes my eyes hurt, so it's probably better I don't get involved.
    PS: That's the only way I'm going to be able to help; in the programmer capacity. Otherwise, no point.
    Last edited by twostars; 10-08-2012 at 09:50 AM.

  14. #29
    Member DevilCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    BattleKO Tek-KO Official WebsiteIndex

    15xx Test Server. soon official opening

  15. #30
    Senior Member lSpikesl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Whereeverthehellisayitis
    Posts
    106

    Default

    BloodyTearz final pk movie was amazing, especially the end. I could never minor like that, my arm would be like...just a noodle lol..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 10:07 PM
  2. S> LVL 70 UD Rogue PvP Server(US Version)
    By Pete in forum WoW Market
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 04:38 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 09:39 PM
  4. Translated version of Server Maintenance
    By gubernaculum in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 01:36 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 10:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •