Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Any private server with the old provoke skill

This is a discussion on Any private server with the old provoke skill within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi, I was just wondering if any private server had the old provoke skill with lower cooldown so warriors can ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default Any private server with the old provoke skill

Hi,

I was just wondering if any private server had the old provoke skill with lower cooldown so warriors can go provoke for mage parties ?

Quote Originally Posted by morf_is_a_looser View Post
    Hi,

I was just wondering if any private server had the old provoke skill with lower cooldown so warriors can go provoke for mage parties ?
    why would you want that? most mage parties are full of mages only tho.

Banned

Because i miss the old days where i could provoke.
    People might remember how AOE were done in eslant//cz with harpies//raven//cw etc...It never excited me even tho i gladly did it for the exp (back in 2006).

My thing was more about packing golems // giants // DS, i doubt you'll ever see a normal mage party doing that without a warrior on a server with non-boosted rates.
    But it was so rewarding exp/drop/fun wise

Ever had fun doing DMs AOE in CZ?
    I did. ^_^
    deepger likes this.

Your thing is so 2006, they still don't need you

Banned

As long as i can enjoy myself.
    And you underestimate how lazy mages can become when they have someone doing all the nasty work for them

Also, i doubt you've ever made any lures like i used to do, i actually doubt any mage can do it even with the best teamwork it'll be hard simply because the game has these small lags where even slowed, the golems sprint like a bawz and smash your face, and a mage can't tank all these damages, nooooop, never gonna happen.

If i could find a server with that settings, i could make a small video showing what i call AOE party XD
    deepger likes this.

great old times bro i played an ice mage (ares server year 2005 ^.^ ) it was alot of fun !

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

You mean, where monsters were following infinitively as long as you were in range? That's not skill related, it's the AI logic. If someone were to edit the AI server that way it would work again, a fix without it would be to add really long continous damage with low DOT damage to the provoke skill so it would spamm like " 1 damage per second" or something like that. However if someone were to edit the AI server to the old tracing logic, that would rather more anoying that anything else I can assure you, cause it would affect the game in other angles more in the negative way. Example "guards in wars, invasions, agro mobs never leaving you once you trigger them and so forth."

Banned

No basically they just made the cooldown so long that the mobs stop following you before the cooldown is up again.
    I just need the cooldown short like it was loooooong ago

Quote Originally Posted by morf_is_a_looser View Post
    No basically they just made the cooldown so long that the mobs stop following you before the cooldown is up again.
    I just need the cooldown short like it was loooooong ago
    False, what Sheldon said was correct. They just kept following you.
    retail likes this.

Banned

So how do you explain we had to provoke almost right after the cooldown was done otherwise they would stop following / rush back to their original spot ?
    Also, if what Sheldon says is true, then i guess reducing the cooldown of the skill would be 10 times easier as a developer than changing the whole mechanic of the game and in which case i completly agree with him when he said changing the IA would be a bad thing. On the other hand, adding a continuous damage over time would suck cuz it would make it too easy...
    So changing the cooldown would be best imo.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Actually what morf_is_a_looser said is correct too. There were private servers like Knight Imperia and PerseusKO where cooldown of Provoke skill was slightly reduced.

I remember the time I played USKO (2006 or something) I really didn't play for more than a month , but i remember me + my 2 mates did this one was a warrior to provoke rest did aoe dmg to the monsters, and we never checked thought did we need to spam provoke or were they just following with AI logic... either way I get what he is after , and I Doubt there is any servers like that as most are source based now.

Banned Senior Member

You can change the ReCastTime in main magic table/tbl for the cooldown of the skill, CastTime for duration of spell being casted.
    You can make provoke act like a blooding skill, to create a dot damage.
    You can make monsters following the provoke for longer time, without touching AI.

But, that's not the point of Provoke Skill. It just making mages even more OP in leveling/farming.

I remember servers using a Warrior Spamable Quake Skill, which could kill a spot aoe and no amination
    So I believe Morf, should make Provoke to have no cast time, and no Recast time, and just make it hit like 1.000, and make monsters to follow the skill forever! And he will have dream server :P

Imagine the warriors to run in CZ and quake the shit out of mages

Banned

I'm just looking for some fun, not a click to win button Masta
    Provoke has never been the problem.
    Access to gg gear too easily is the problem ^_^
    I remember a time where ice mages were dealing no damages and they had no purpose but slowing the mobs in PvE, light mages wouldn't be accepted in AOE parties because they were fucking up the lures with their stuns, even fire mages sucked unless they had the fire nova and a gg staff, diversity on build makes a good game.
    Then they added all the bullshit flame rings etc....and yeah, end up they nerfed provoke, mages replaced warriors by mages and mages never got nerfed so the problem wasn't fixed the way it was supposed to.

End up, mages have 3 useful trees, warriors just lost a complete way of playing.
    Man i loved fucking around with a lot of points into HP just to tank the shit out of everything

I was in a magic warrior clan on maxko when it was good, everyone told on us for hacking so they reduced the damage XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast