Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Any v1098 pvp? :]

This is a discussion on Any v1098 pvp? :] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Avast well I have had it running the whole weekend and it satayed up no crashes with ...
Page: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Avast View Post
    well I have had it running the whole weekend and it satayed up no crashes with 17 pple online XD
    Thread/address/IP?

Edit:
    Looked over your last posts here, the recent listing, checked Snoxd... your server isn't really "out there"; if I can't even find it it's hardly surprising it hasn't been exploited yet.
    Last edited by twostars; 08-29-2010 at 10:37 PM.

Not Online for public right now just friends testing everything I will not be releasing this for very long time anyways + gives me time to save up to get a way better pc to put this on.

^ That was my point. If it's not public, you likely won't come across any crashes as there's nobody looking to exploit (and crash) the server.

I'd be very, very careful - the packet buffer overflow exploit alone can give attackers access to compromise your box.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    ^ That was my point. If it's not public, you likely won't come across any crashes as there's nobody looking to exploit (and crash) the server.

I'd be very, very careful - the packet buffer overflow exploit alone can give attackers access to compromise your box.
    It would be nice also if you help him to fix some exploit ;D

Quote Originally Posted by eupheuz View Post
    It would be nice also if you help him to fix some exploit ;D
    As you may be aware, I have my own project to finish.

Honestly, using the 1.098 files is a really naive move; 1.298 was bad... 1.098 is much worse. Back then cheaters were less bothersome. Now that these issues are being uncovered, who can really resist exploiting servers? Hell, there's a large number of exploits I've come across that have *not* yet been abused in 1.298 & 1.310... but I have no doubt that they will.

Going BACK quite a number of versions to a way more vulnerable EXE... ugh. Insanely inadvisable unless you're willing to spend the time and effort into securing it. You can't just make them go away by waving your magic wand and wishing for it to be so (or ignoring the issue, as seems to be happening).

Regardless, best of luck to you. I hope you do in fact realise that 1.098 can ultimately be a lot more trouble than you think it is and can, ultimately, resolve the many many many many MANY issues that stand in your path.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHipatos View Post
    The hacking activities back than when the MYKO files weren't published yet were already quite high, if a server would come online again with these very outdated files, the server wouldn't last for more than a day, because of all the numerous tutorials on how to hack with tbl files. You'd get raid by some weirdo with weird characters in his name that spams 50 skills a second on you, so really, what's the use of having to go through it all again, it's plain retarded.

Is it almost as bad as your grammar?

deathklock

I saw one of these I forgot where, but it was a turkish server.

well no matter what kinda server you put online you have hackers cheaters etc. I have had ran 2 servers in the past had no problems with hackers either and on these same files I have had over 100 users online on a shittier pc then what i am using now and I had dsl now i have cable but not to worried about putting it online if someone wants to play it I will be more then happy to givem info to my panel i have online to make an account and dl my cleint which is already uploaded.

Sergeant Senior Member AlwaysDown's Avatar

well no matter what kinda server you put online you have hackers cheaters etc. I have had ran 2 servers in the past had no problems with hackers either and on these same files I have had over 100 users online on a shittier pc then what i am using now and I had dsl now i have cable but not to worried about putting it online if someone wants to play it I will be more then happy to givem info to my panel i have online to make an account and dl my cleint which is already uploaded.
    Could you please private message me the client dl link and panel? I want to play this so bad.

I will send you a pm soon if you want to check it out

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

me too plx

I will send you a pm soon if you want to check it out
    Same here ^^

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234