Page 321 of 390 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 5836
Like Tree60Likes

Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT

This is a discussion on Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by SPANKME I actually think you guys missed a good chance of just re-launching the server and continue ...
Page: 321

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    I actually think you guys missed a good chance of just re-launching the server and continue on as with seasons. 1 / year.
    The NP reduction thingy is just completely weird and above you can see straight reactions what happens when you touch someones NP's that they have grinded for several years.

I don't know how many new players you are planning to gain with this, but a solid re-launch would have brought a lot more.
    I've been saying that for 3 years

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

I actually think you guys missed a good chance of just re-launching the server and continue on as with seasons. 1 / year.
    The NP reduction thingy is just completely weird and above you can see straight reactions what happens when you touch someones NP's that they have grinded for several years.

I don't know how many new players you are planning to gain with this, but a solid re-launch would have brought a lot more.
    amen brother

if im agreeing with spankme you know something is messed up

I really don't understand this argument: "you can see straight reactions what happens when you touch someones NP's that they have grinded for several years." -- yet you're saying we should have completely removed them?
    You're making the argument that we should have removed everyone's progression because (very, very few) people are upset that they have relatively less NP... while they've kept the exact same progression. Huh?

The only ones really complaining (thus far) are those selling accounts for USD, because they supposedly "lost value".
    Almost nobody else cares; as Roguean pointed out, the server's population's been growing quite a bit since.

No doubt a relaunch would bring more people. And then those people would hop on over to the next server that's relaunching.
    We don't care about those people. Never have and never will. Pandering to these people is quite often harmful in the long run.

They really don't represent a community. Those that stick around after the initial rush are the people we care about.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I really don't understand this argument: "you can see straight reactions what happens when you touch someones NP's that they have grinded for several years." -- yet you're saying we should have completely removed them?
    You're making the argument that we should have removed everyone's progression because (very, very few) people are upset that they have relatively less NP... while they've kept the exact same progression. Huh?
    Yes, i truly believe current players would have rather given 100% of NP's instead of 90% to get fresh start with massive population.

The only ones really complaining (thus far) are those selling accounts for USD, because they supposedly "lost value".
    Almost nobody else cares; as Roguean pointed out, the server's population's been growing quite a bit since.
    I don't know if you understand just how many players are waiting for Apex next launch. Literally everyone who has played Apex before, are waiting for new launch.
    I personally haven't logged in on Apexko for quite a while, but the activity is nowhere near what it used to be. Everyone who says otherwise are talking rubbish.

No doubt a relaunch would bring more people. And then those people would hop on over to the next server that's relaunching.
    We don't care about those people. Never have and never will. Pandering to these people is quite often harmful in the long run.
    If you decide to run the server as with seasons, for example 1 season / year. No-one will claim or call your server "short-time".
    I haven't been around on Apex forums, but even the top players from top clans are hoping for a relaunch. I don't know if you did community poll's with this decision, but i can bet my socks off that majority would go for relaunch over this 90% NP reduction.

They really don't represent a community. Those that stick around after the initial rush are the people we care about.
    Answers on top.

Last edited by YouGotPwndByMyAss; 03-13-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Last edited by YouGotPwndByMyAss; 03-13-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    I've been saying that for 3 years
    Well yeah, but isn't it just flatout weird that they run with 90% NP reduction instead?

Just relaunch the farm version of this server and problem solved that version was so fucking good..

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

It was good, and from what I can tell, they have improved on it.
    But they don't want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    It was good, and from what I can tell, they have improved on it.
    But they don't want to do it.
    Probably because we don't agree with relaunching for no reason other than people couldn't be bothered playing when it's not fresh, even if the gear gap's not that extreme.
    Also, farm servers really haven't ever been sustainable. They haven't even really tended to even bring in too many players on launch lately, compared to PK servers. It's been a really, really long time since a farm server pulled in a decent number of players on launch. I guess people have learned.

People get bored easily (oh no, it's been a few days, we'll never catch up to other people now -- relaunch PLS), which is the same reason we don't like relaunching. The same people will be advocating a relaunch a month later, if not a week.
    The temporary influx of players isn't even remotely worth it. We actually value player's time and effort, despite what some people here seem to misleadingly claim.

Go play some random Turkish server if you want to deal with that. This is not the server for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymes View Post
    Just relaunch the farm version of this server and problem solved that version was so fucking good..
    yeah, go farm aoc at 8am np

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

I can't believe that there are people out there who are asking for a server relaunch when there are people still playing on the server.. suggesting for a server relaunch is one thing but calling it a shitty server just because owners do not agree with you ? meh.
    If you really cared about the server, the owners' effort who're maintaining it with constant fixes/updates/events and if you really wanted to be part of their server's community then you could have started on the server no matter if it's 1 month old or 3 years old.
    Those people who 're asking for a relaunch are the ones who gonna hop onto another server in couple of months (after they make some money by selling their accounts, of course) and they'll return months later begging for another relaunch.

You endorse all those greedy server owners, who're relaunching their servers every couple of months just for milking as much money as they can, and you're giving 'em a reason to keep doing it over and over again..

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    I can't believe that there are people out there who are asking for a server relaunch when there are people still playing on the server.. suggesting for a server relaunch is one thing but calling it a shitty server just because owners do not agree with you ? meh.
    If you really cared about the server, the owners' effort who're maintaining it with constant fixes/updates/events and if you really wanted to be part of their server's community then you could have started on the server no matter if it's 1 month old or 3 years old.
    Those people who 're asking for a relaunch are the ones who gonna hop onto another server in couple of months (after they make some money by selling their accounts, of course) and they'll return months later begging for another relaunch.

You endorse all those greedy server owners, who're relaunching their servers every couple of months just for milking as much money as they can, and you're giving 'em a reason to keep doing it over and over again..
    It feels sort of shit to join a server where you have absolutely 0 chance to get any sort of advantage on anyone (in terms of gear, in terms of NP, in terms of anything really) because you're joining so late, so your only option is to 1) buy a character for a couple hundred $$ or 2) wait for a relaunch

I think the issue people have with relaunches is the fact that servers never improve. Often times server owners will just relaunch with the same exact bugs, and ultimately the server doesn't feel like it's progressed at all. But if a server like Apex were to relaunch, I'd think it similarly to like a seasonal system in Diablo 3, why do you think that gets so many people (or even Path of Exile?). Sure there's new content, but its ultimately because it's a completely fresh start for everyone, so people can all enjoy it from the start together, even if it's just for a few months, it's worth it to those players (take it from me im a server hopper).

If Apex were to relaunch every 1 year, each time with some different theme (say a PK theme, some farm theme, etc etc), or even just alternating between farm / pk, or even just the same, there would be an astounding amount of players (probably rivaling that one server that launches every 4 months MYKO style) due to the fact that it's one of the few servers that has some excellent development behind it (despite arguably lacking the management to support it).

Apex is the only stable server and with the best client,thats why its been up for so long.Also cuz,im assuming,people are still donating and as i see items have $$$ value,people buy/sell stuff for usd,so as long as the owners and the players can make real money,i dont see why they should relaunch. Most of the english player base cant last more then a month on any server,they no life for a week,pk for a week and then sell out. Tbh i didnt like the fact that the server was lacking updates,and the fact that the GMS were rather inactive,but that was long ago,idk whats the situation now,idk how much the server is up xD.The np reset or halfing it is a good attempt to bring new users to it,but idk how much of a gap there is between a player that would join now and a player thats been on it for so long (gear vise). Theres always pros and cons with the relaunch,here there is no reason to relaunch cuz the server has a player base that logs in and donate on a regular base,so theres no point investing time and money in to advertisment and re launching. Also the concept was good (when i played it) you get a free genie,so you can afk exp,and you can farm afk aswell,it was like the MYKO servers that are poping up now,basicly you farm for the gear but theres no need to no life,i think it took me less then a month to get a krowaz set +8 ada +8 and full accesories (with some help from the clan and the brazilian slave owner) Just get some new events or something in that manner to atract new people and its gonna be fine. I wonder are those Chinese people still playing,there was so much of them when i played lol.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    It feels sort of shit to join a server where you have absolutely 0 chance to get any sort of advantage on anyone (in terms of gear, in terms of NP, in terms of anything really) because you're joining so late, so your only option is to 1) buy a character for a couple hundred $$ or 2) wait for a relaunch
    I don't think that you need to buy an account to have fun playing on an old server.. farming is part of it and eventually you'll end up with a decent gear needed to start PK. You won't spend as much time as older players did to farm their own gear, I guess they are making it easier as time passes..
    Other than that, indeed waiting for a relaunch is an option. When the server runs out of active players' amount that owners desire to have and they still want to work on the server then they might consider relaunching.

I think the issue people have with relaunches is the fact that servers never improve. Often times server owners will just relaunch with the same exact bugs, and ultimately the server doesn't feel like it's progressed at all. But if a server like Apex were to relaunch, I'd think it similarly to like a seasonal system in Diablo 3, why do you think that gets so many people (or even Path of Exile?). Sure there's new content, but its ultimately because it's a completely fresh start for everyone, so people can all enjoy it from the start together, even if it's just for a few months, it's worth it to those players (take it from me im a server hopper).
    Indeed seasonal games is a thing nowadays but it must be done right and that requires time, lot of time, to implement the system and to make sure everything is working automatically and without any issues. At the moment there is nothing seasonal on PSKO though, it's just a "wipe & launch" loop.
    I was thinking about 2 years ago to implement the non-seasonal & seasonal system that D3/PoE have, it's doable (partially got it working) and it sounds good to keep both dedicated players & server hoppers satisfied, but private servers are not ready for such a thing (yet).
    Due to their low population it doesn't worth the effort, if a server had 5,000 player-base it would be a thing. There are some private servers claiming to have thousands of players online but in reality it's either fake counts or duplicated accounts used by same players for merchanting (or mining in newer versions).

If Apex were to relaunch every 1 year, each time with some different theme (say a PK theme, some farm theme, etc etc), or even just alternating between farm / pk, or even just the same, there would be an astounding amount of players (probably rivaling that one server that launches every 4 months MYKO style) due to the fact that it's one of the few servers that has some excellent development behind it (despite arguably lacking the management to support it).
    As I said, if you don't give to players the opportunity to switch between seasonal / non-seasonal servers then I've doubts that this is gonna work. Owners who care about their server and its community instead of their pocket, wouldn't risk to lose their core/dedicated players.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-21-2022, 06:42 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  3. Hits: 22
    08-22-2017, 03:34 PM
  4. Hits: 2
    05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    05-04-2017, 04:55 AM
  6. Hits: 2