Page 322 of 390 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 5836
Like Tree60Likes

Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT

This is a discussion on Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I joined this server 2 years late, and I went straight to PK from day 1, the gear gap was ...
Page: 322

I joined this server 2 years late, and I went straight to PK from day 1, the gear gap was not that big back then and got even smaller with recent patches (improving starter gear). I'm a casual player and I'm fairly geared by now (farmed everything via PK and occasional mob farming) so I can say even joining now you'll have a better starting point than I ever did and I'm doing more than ok.

It's a PK/Light-farm server, if you're looking for hardcore-farm or you need to fight full geared vs non-full geared players to stand a chance in PK, this is not the server for you, on the other hand if you hate grinding and farming just as much as I do and just want to get online and PK, I totally recommend it.

This server has by far the best client I've ever played, no lag, super smooth and feels great. To be honest, I don't even remember USKO running this good, although I last played USKO such a long time ago, ISPs and connections were a totally different thing.

It's good seeing twostars here talking about no relaunch as well, it shows that people behind this server cares about their community and try to do as much as they can to keep their server alive. At some point it could happen, yes, all depend on the circumstances, but the fact he is aiming to the opposite scenario shows me they have the right mindset, so kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    It feels sort of shit to join a server where you have absolutely 0 chance to get any sort of advantage on anyone (in terms of gear, in terms of NP, in terms of anything really) because you're joining so late, so your only option is to 1) buy a character for a couple hundred $$ or 2) wait for a relaunch
    Lastly, if this is your regular way of thinking, this server is not for you. You won't have gear advantage and you will be fighting pretty solid parties from the start. There's randoms here and then yes, but top clans have some really good teamwork, so don't expect to stand a chance without a solid party yourself.

Only downside I've experienced, is low population at certain times of the day (EST nights) to name a particular time-frame, but I must recon the recent Christmas event has brought a lot of PK to the server at such times.

This is how PK looks like during Christmas event peak time

https://youtu.be/6x3OY5WCUnY?t=386

Quote Originally Posted by Nath View Post
    This server has by far the best client I've ever played, no lag, super smooth and feels great. To be honest, I don't even remember USKO running this good, although I last played USKO such a long time ago, ISPs and connections were a totally different thing.
    Aesteris & twostars have spent many many hours in improving stuff like movement and cleaning up traffic between the server and the client. Apex is by far the most smooth server out there that i've ever tested.

Banned Senior Member

*this is a joke*

Take the following as my opinion.

Usko knightonline peaked when Ionia was released and at the time of C-west. Ever since then private servers flourished based on old players nostalgia and lack of community's dependence or willingness to pay for ingame goods to accomplish an equivalent level of hedonistic pleasure in usko. essentially, "less is more".

Now out of the rankings in private servers, this is by far the #1 private server out there in all regards. Activity in my opinion rivals and clearly surpasses that of usko and steamko servers. CZ activity is just different here. There is a loyal player base from all over the world playing here and the server, although it contains a small population is slowly but consistently increasing in numbers.

Long Live Apex KO

Everyone has their own opinions and they are rightfully entitled to it. I speak mine through experience and factual evidence I have observed throughout my time of playing this game since 2004 (xigenon release)

... Perhaps in the future, if time allows (outside of my real life situation which has become too busy to allow for free time), I may return to this server and pk !

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    I actually think you guys missed a good chance of just re-launching the server and continue on as with seasons. 1 / year.
    The NP reduction thingy is just completely weird and above you can see straight reactions what happens when you touch someones NP's that they have grinded for several years.

I don't know how many new players you are planning to gain with this, but a solid re-launch would have brought a lot more.
    It's because they don't have 1 braincell oriented towards customer satisfaction. Too self absorbed to see that for a change of this magnitude, no one really is pleased in the end lmao.

Turks holding off on starting because of NP symbols and other reasons still won't do it even if its "only 200k nps" to overcome. They will just pass this one up and not care.

Long time players (tuke on suicide watch) obviously will whine whether the NP is fully reset or just a portion of it, there's no helping this.

Nobody wins, just like with most of this godlike duo (trio?!) decisions.

@chris I didn't reopen this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    It's because they don't have 1 braincell oriented towards customer satisfaction. Too self absorbed to see that for a change of this magnitude, no one really is pleased in the end lmao.

Turks holding off on starting because of NP symbols and other reasons still won't do it even if its "only 200k nps" to overcome. They will just pass this one up and not care.
    Only people complaining are those that don't understand it or feel wronged by the fact they can't be several months ahead of everyone in NP instead of like, 1-2 now, so I don't know who these mystery people you're referring to are. The people who weren't playing to begin with because they've been wanting a relaunch? Speaks for itself.

The change was never intended as a replacement for a relaunch. It was a necessary change for future features.
    And even if it was, as already stated, we've never pandered towards those players. They don't represent the active, loyal community in any way, shape or form.

So whether or not those potential players care about it or not makes no difference to us. What matters is what the people who actively play this server think (within reason).
    Which is virtually nobody who's complaining about it in this thread, so I don't know why you think your opinion matters.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Only people complaining are those that don't understand it or feel wronged by the fact they can't be several months ahead of everyone in NP instead of like, 1-2 now, so I don't know who these mystery people you're referring to are. The people who weren't playing to begin with because they've been wanting a relaunch? Speaks for itself.

The change was never intended as a replacement for a relaunch. It was a necessary change for future features.
    And even if it was, as already stated, we've never pandered towards those players. They don't represent the active, loyal community in any way, shape or form.

So whether or not those potential players care about it or not makes no difference to us. What matters is what the people who actively play this server think (within reason).
    Which is virtually nobody who's complaining about it in this thread, so I don't know why you think your opinion matters.
    Who is this change aimed towards? Obviously you would think my opinion doesn't matter. If anything I would be shocked to see if there's anybody for the apex team™ whose opinion is worth a damn lol. You wouldn't even listen to your eventual advisors you had over the years. RIP Alpha and everybody else, they just couldn't deal with the rampant autism going on at the core of this server.

This change benefits no one. Most of the times, companies that make hard decisions have to alienate either their hardcore players to please potential newcomers, or (more rarely) the opposite scenario. Very few times can someone witness such a pathetic display where neither of both sides is happy, effectively pissing everyone off. I honestly fail to see how the 'loyal' players of this server would welcome a change that nullifies most of their progress over a long period of time, but maybe you see something I don't, you know, along the random voices in your head and all that, it wouldn't surprise me.

Of course, you will see a small influx of activity, as it happens with every yearly content drop or so, but don't expect this to last lmfao.

Who is this change aimed towards? Obviously you would think my opinion doesn't matter. If anything I would be shocked to see if there's anybody for the apex team™ whose opinion is worth a damn lol. You wouldn't even listen to your eventual advisors you had over the years. RIP Alpha and everybody else, they just couldn't deal with the rampant autism going on at the core of this server.

This change benefits no one. Most of the times, companies that make hard decisions have to alienate either their hardcore players to please potential newcomers, or (more rarely) the opposite scenario. Very few times can someone witness such a pathetic display where neither of both sides is happy, effectively pissing everyone off. I honestly fail to see how the 'loyal' players of this server would welcome a change that nullifies most of their progress over a long period of time, but maybe you see something I don't, you know, along the random voices in your head and all that, it wouldn't surprise me.

Of course, you will see a small influx of activity, as it happens with every yearly content drop or so, but don't expect this to last lmfao.
    Couldn't agree more tbh.

apex farm server relaunch yet? or server still has no clue where the powa lies?

the good times before apex decided to kill themselves going pk server:
    https://youtu.be/HIOV61HlQ9o

@SPANKME u remember how shit u are at this game? watch ur torment! I was in the front and u even missed me, LEL!
    https://youtu.be/HIOV61HlQ9o?t=33

Don't take it personally - the opinion of those who don't even play the server and only want to jump on the train for the lulz are those we don't care about, so it's not just you.

If you did play the server, you'd know firsthand that it changes nothing for existing players. And frankly, very few players actually care.
    It's caused a little confusion, but upon explanation the great majority of people have realised it doesn't affect them in any meaningful way and they move on with their lives.

And then there's this thread, where people who don't play but are crying for a relaunch are trying to make it out to be the biggest problem in the world, and we should've just relaunched instead, consistently reaffirming this with claims that "everyone" is against it and such but never actually clarifying who these people are, because from where I'm standing I'm only seeing a very few people who simply don't yet understand what the change *does* (the answer: next to nothing) and the couple that think that we should care that previously they didn't need to play for 6 months before someone could catch them, but now it's only 1.5-2 months. Because apparently we should care about this (still) colossal gap that requires them to not play, despite them playing frequently enough regardless that it's never been an issue either way.

While you're wrong -- it allows us to run promotions for the server again (which BTW, Alpha was the sole cause of to begin with), and implement future planned features to bring about fresh content and hence more activity (but sure, that doesn't benefit anyone, right?), it also isn't harming anyone either like you're claiming.

You're making a fuss over nothing. If you don't understand why, you don't understand the change we're talking about and should read up about it on our forums before jumping on the bandwagon with your misinformation.

FYI the gradual noticeable increase has occurred after this change was made. I never claimed it was responsible, but the point is that people aren't just leaving left and right because they find fault in it -- in fact activity's growing instead.

We tend to use actual hard numbers around here, and not the word of people who don't even play the server. :-)

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

the hilarity of this all; there's 3 forum threads (as far as i'm aware) related to this topic and not a single post is supporting or defending this except from one of the admins, they're basically just plugging their ears and screaming while literally their most loyal players tell them how retarded of an idea this was

https://forum.apexko.com/topic/7559-...math-together/
    https://forum.apexko.com/topic/7544-...-reduced-them/
    https://forum.apexko.com/topic/7490-...#comment-51180

like when brook and tuke are telling you to just relaunch the server, you know you dun goofed

inb4 well its the same 5 players posting in all the threads

then maybe you should think of some way to poll the userbase on some upcoming change and garner opinions in game (I thought this was being worked on literally 2 years ago, I believe Alpha told me this was an idea that was being thrown around internally, back when UTC was being ready to deploy in the summer of 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    the hilarity of this all; there's 3 forum threads (as far as i'm aware) related to this topic and not a single post is supporting or defending this except from one of the admins, they're basically just plugging their ears and screaming while literally their most loyal players tell them how retarded of an idea this was

https://forum.apexko.com/topic/7559-...math-together/
    https://forum.apexko.com/topic/7544-...-reduced-them/
    https://forum.apexko.com/topic/7490-...#comment-51180

like when brook and tuke are telling you to just relaunch the server, you know you dun goofed

inb4 well its the same 5 players posting in all the threads

then maybe you should think of some way to poll the userbase on some upcoming change and garner opinions in game (I thought this was being worked on literally 2 years ago, I believe Alpha told me this was an idea that was being thrown around internally)
    If you actually read those threads (2 of which are the same thread, reopened) you know their gripe is with the fact he had a 6 month gain instead of 1.5-2. Something I've referenced repeatedly in this thread. It's nothing new.
    I don't understand why you care so much about a server you don't play, and won't entertain the notion of without a relaunch. No, we're not relaunching anytime soon, so just move on?

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

If you actually read those threads (2 of which are the same thread, reopened) you know their gripe is with the fact he had a 6 month gain instead of 1.5-2. Something I've referenced repeatedly in this thread. It's nothing new.
    I don't understand why you care so much about a server you don't play, and won't entertain the notion of without a relaunch. No, we're not relaunching anytime soon, so just move on?
    they have to keep re-opening because you guys insta-close the threads literally before a second page can be reached ? don't think it's very fair to just close some loyal players threads because they aren't some native english speaker and can't understand your explanation / thought process, why not let the threads sit open and let the community discuss it more? that's arguably one of the worst elements of apex over the years; the severe lack of communication (or rather, extremely poor communication) between the administrations and the community, partly because no one uses the forums from the community, but a bigger part of the blame is on you guys imo

I care, and so do many others, because this is literally the only KO server that anyone gives a flying fuck about because of the development and improvements you've implemented (some bad things sure (mage damage omegalul), but overall it's much more pleasant to play than USKO or any others)

unfortunately the server in it's current state is not playable for me, or some other users, simply because the population is pathetic (no offense, but there's no point to play private servers that are this inactive in my opinion), whereas a relaunch would fix both of these problems (people's passion to play this server and the population)

edit: you also had similar statements to the PK launch back when the farm version died regarding the relaunch, so if you wiggled once, who's to say you won't again? i'm not doing this to prove i'm right, i'm doing this because i genuinely (and i'm sure a very big part of this community and maybe even the turkish / chinese community) want to enjoy that shit again

dumb shit
    See this is the problem. You two have your heads so far up your own asses that you are physically unable to see anything wrong with both of your actions or decisions; I assume this is partially because you were never a player - you don't know what KO players want in a game. Carry on with your dead husk of a server, hopefully it has gone from barely being able to pay for itself to anything slightly more decent

PS: I hope you were not implying with your post that I am in the group of people even remotely interested in playing a relaunch of your server. I'd rather eat shit LOL.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-21-2022, 06:42 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  3. Hits: 22
    08-22-2017, 03:34 PM
  4. Hits: 2
    05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    05-04-2017, 04:55 AM
  6. Hits: 2