Page 324 of 390 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 5836
Like Tree60Likes

Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT

This is a discussion on Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by twostars Okay, so we're back at this argument again. Rather than repeat myself, I'll quote myself from ...
Page: 324

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Okay, so we're back at this argument again. Rather than repeat myself, I'll quote myself from our forums:

When we're talking about gaps like this, the problem is really all in your head. You feel like you're so much further behind, but take into consideration just how long that is.
    And that's assuming you're not even playing.

So realistically, there's no difference. Your numbers are smaller. So is everyone else's. They're all proportionate to each other.
    Yes, people can catch up, but with how far ahead people are, realistically there's very little difference. Keep playing as normal and the gap will be maintained, so I guarantee you won't notice any difference.

It doesn't matter if it's 6 months or 1. The only time people can ever be given a chance to catch up if you stop playing for a still very extended period of time.

This isn't true at all. If you look at what I've been responding to (actually, don't bother - it's really not worth the time), it's literally just people who don't play and never would have played (without a relaunch, and even then...).
    It's not so much not agreeing with people as it is people jumping on this bandwagon because it's fun to troll spewing nonsense without backing any of it up. Regurgitated "EVERYONE HATES THE CHANGE" "DEAD SERVER" "RELAUNCH PLS" etc, etc.

See, if you were talking about like, a few weeks ahead I'd agree with you. But at least in the above case (and I'm sure yours works out similarly), we're talking about a 6 month lead. Half a year. Dropping back down to what, 1.5 months.
    And again, that's assuming you don't even play. If you're playing relatively consistently, you can easily maintain the gap for a lot longer than that.

So like I've been reiterating: maintain your activity and you will still maintain your lead.
    Really, when we're talking about these absolutely insane timespans like we are (HALF A YEAR!!) nothing's changed in that regard.

Rewarding top NP holders makes no sense. Everyone is in the same boat; top NP holders are no different. Rewarding top NP holders for the same proportionally high NP they still have and thus the ranks they keep doesn't make much sense.
    What I'm saying is, if we were to compensate players (for the confusion of the situation), it would apply to everyone. Considering the circumstances, it's certainly not off the table.

As far as wiping it goes, I've responded to this already also. It makes no sense to wipe the server, especially as compared to just rescaling everything.
    "People hate that their NP amount is smaller" "Let's get rid of all of their NP, that'll make them happy!" -- this is the logic being presented and I just don't even.

BTW, I saw your PM. Thanks for your feedback
    i play on a regular base, with np scrolls, prem everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ISpitOnYourGrave View Post
    i play on a regular base, with np scrolls, prem everything.
    Which means that nothing will have changed for you, in fact your average gains are probably higher than most so not only will you not be falling behind / losing out on anything, but you'll be progressing slightly faster than before.

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

Which means that nothing will have changed for you, in fact your average gains are probably higher than most so not only will you not be falling behind / losing out on anything, but you'll be progressing slightly faster than before.
    not really.

i missed out on 1 day of pk, and i lost my rank, which is fine but no the point tbh.

Because everything else was scaled as well? Existing NP, the costs, and its gains? Just like the post says, which you haven't read because you're just assuming things based on what people (who don't play) are saying here and entirely ignoring what I (who actually do know what happened) have to say.

We did not remove any NP. It was all rescaled to lower amounts.
    All of the existing NP is relatively lower.
    All of the costs are relatively lower.
    All of the gains are lower (technically a little higher relatively than before, but still reduced).

It's really not that hard to understand. Surely you're not actually that dense.
    Let me point one thing out. If what you wanted, was to make the ''average'' np 90% lower, by logic, you should of made everything that rewards NPS 90% lower right ..? I'm quoting you... ''We did not remove any NP. It was all rescaled to lower amounts.'' That is absolutely not true. If you would have really rescaled it to 10% of the original, the gains from cz/war/csw would of been 10% of what it originally was, in other words, everything that would have the base of NP as reward/cost should of been reduced by that same ammount ... Now what you did, is some sort of ''broken'' np reset, because players still gains a lot of NPS compare to what you've made them loose.

Because right now, the ammount of NPs, that lets take as exemple ''Melody'' has would not take him as much time as it took him to get the 15 millions he has with the current NP gain. Current Melody's NPs : 1.6m ... How long could it take him to get 1.6m nps at the current rate, would it equal the time it would of took him to get 16m in the past rates ? Doubt it...

Regards,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatEvil View Post
    Let me point one thing out. If what you wanted, was to make the ''average'' np 90% lower, by logic, you should of made everything that rewards NPS 90% lower right ..? I'm quoting you... ''We did not remove any NP. It was all rescaled to lower amounts.'' That is absolutely not true. If you would have really rescaled it to 10% of the original, the gains from cz/war/csw would of been 10% of what it originally was, in other words, everything that would have the base of NP as reward/cost should of been reduced by that same ammount ... Now what you did, is some sort of ''broken'' np reset, because players still gains a lot of NPS compare to what you've made them loose.

Because right now, the ammount of NPs, that lets take as exemple ''Melody'' has would not take him as much time as it took him to get the 15 millions he has with the current NP gain. Current Melody's NPs : 1.6m ... How long could it take him to get 1.6m nps at the current rate, would it equal the time it would of took him to get 16m in the past rates ? Doubt it...

Regards,
    Frank
    Holy shit, Sherlock! This is the exact intention lol. Did you even read what twostars has said? This dude is spending his time typing pages of detailed explanation just for brainless people like you to understand. But you don't really want to see the reasoning, do you? He CLEARLY states that it benefits newcomers and players that are keen on NP-grinding IF AND ONLY IF top-ladder players stop PKing for whole 1.5-2 months. I get it, losing your NPs is frustrating (I had around 3M NPs), but you don't really lose anything. You are at the same spot on the ladder table as you used to be. You still have an advantage over new players. The reduction just allowed the PK scene to be more competitive since it is now easier to catch players above you in the rankings. This convo goes nowhere because you don't want to change your attitude. "The server sux, I am always right" attitude won't get you anywhere. )

Peace

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao View Post
    Holy shit, Sherlock! This is the exact intention lol. Did you even read what twostars has said? This dude is spending his time typing pages of detailed explanation just for brainless people like you to understand. But you don't really want to see the reasoning, do you? He CLEARLY states that it benefits newcomers and players that are keen on NP-grinding IF AND ONLY IF top-ladder players stop PKing for whole 1.5-2 months. I get it, losing your NPs is frustrating (I had around 3M NPs), but you don't really lose anything. You are at the same spot on the ladder table as you used to be. You still have an advantage over new players. The reduction just allowed the PK scene to be more competitive since it is now easier to catch players above you in the rankings. This convo goes nowhere because you don't want to change your attitude. "The server sux, I am always right" attitude won't get you anywhere. )

Peace
    Huh, I'm disappointed to see you siding with them xiao. Didn't you quit ages ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao View Post

Peace
    Mhmm, no reason to act like a complete dick. I'm not dumb, just seems like I didn't understood that part... But to me, it just seems like they wanted to lower the overall NPs, without thinking of the consequence on the way they tried to do it. Sorry, but if I would of been one of those top ranking, who had been playing for 2 years, grinding constantly to be in top, I would feel fucked right in the ass without lub ... At this point, don't you think if they wanted a true competition between the newscommers and the oldies the best would of been a np wipe ..? So everyone start from the same point ... Would be more fair for both sides, the newscommers and the oldies, no ..?

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Huh, I'm disappointed to see you siding with them xiao. Didn't you quit ages ago?
    I did but I came back to playing 2 months ago. I am not siding with them, I am just trying to be objective as this matter affects me too. I'm sure they have something in mind and they are telling us that this was done so they can implement various new things with the long-awaited PK patch. Time will tell...

I'm going to post this as a neutral third party that has no bias for either side of the argument. Ya'll can slay and slander me, chances are I won't log in on this forum until another week or so just to see if any decent server released where I can babashop to run around in cz for a week or two and leave.

From what I'm reading, first and foremost, if you don't even play this server, or quit a while ago and don't like the people running it, or for whatever reason you have, why are you even typing up a storm and slandering it? That makes no sense lmfao. There are other topics you can flood with all that talk. To each's own though, everyone live their best lives.

Now from what I am reading, correct me where if I'm wrong, the main issues.

• 90% of everybody's np's were removed.
    • Everybody requesting a relaunch of the server to reinvigorate the servers population

I can understand the frustration of players who had all those np's, pking and farming those nps until you hit the millions take time, lots of time, and to have that number reduced to a mere fraction of what it was is a bit disheartening. I would have voiced protest to that also. I don't know how exactly that was handled, if the community voiced that they wanted that, or if the staff just up and decided to reduce np's so my feelings on that is situational. If the community voted on that, then ok fine. But if it was a decision the staff made on their own and didn't receive the input of the community and their feelings on their decision then that is fucked up in my opinion.

As far as the relaunch, me personally I wouldn't mind that at all as I like the start of servers, since I like to babashop and one hit everything since coordinated pvp is not my strong suit. (Spike Thrust gg. All I want lmfao). But as a server owner, you have to look at it from their perspective. Why would I relaunch my server, that now has a steady population (And he claims is slowly increasing), for people to play for two weeks, and my numbers go right back to where they are? The people on his server right now are the people who are there to stay. The server already weeded out the players like me who stay for a specific amount of time and leave, and there is really no point in going through the stresses of relaunching just to appease the people who hop servers just for the fresh new start thrill. The people who keep requesting for him to restart the server, are people who don't even play his server (And no offense, but I see the majority of you on almost every server and leaving lol..)

Another thing I really can't wrap my head around as far as the relaunching right, is that the majority of the community in the psko scene complain and whine about servers that relaunch, saying that they're money hungry and clout chasing, but the one server that hasn't relaunched and remained online and consistent, you guys want them to relaunch? I'm lost lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodzilla View Post
    I'm going to post this as a neutral third party that has no bias for either side of the argument. Ya'll can slay and slander me, chances are I won't log in on this forum until another week or so just to see if any decent server released where I can babashop to run around in cz for a week or two and leave.

From what I'm reading, first and foremost, if you don't even play this server, or quit a while ago and don't like the people running it, or for whatever reason you have, why are you even typing up a storm and slandering it? That makes no sense lmfao. There are other topics you can flood with all that talk. To each's own though, everyone live their best lives.

Now from what I am reading, correct me where if I'm wrong, the main issues.

• 90% of everybody's np's were removed.
    • Everybody requesting a relaunch of the server to reinvigorate the servers population

I can understand the frustration of players who had all those np's, pking and farming those nps until you hit the millions take time, lots of time, and to have that number reduced to a mere fraction of what it was is a bit disheartening. I would have voiced protest to that also. I don't know how exactly that was handled, if the community voiced that they wanted that, or if the staff just up and decided to reduce np's so my feelings on that is situational. If the community voted on that, then ok fine. But if it was a decision the staff made on their own and didn't receive the input of the community and their feelings on their decision then that is fucked up in my opinion.

As far as the relaunch, me personally I wouldn't mind that at all as I like the start of servers, since I like to babashop and one hit everything since coordinated pvp is not my strong suit. (Spike Thrust gg. All I want lmfao). But as a server owner, you have to look at it from their perspective. Why would I relaunch my server, that now has a steady population (And he claims is slowly increasing), for people to play for two weeks, and my numbers go right back to where they are? The people on his server right now are the people who are there to stay. The server already weeded out the players like me who stay for a specific amount of time and leave, and there is really no point in going through the stresses of relaunching just to appease the people who hop servers just for the fresh new start thrill. The people who keep requesting for him to restart the server, are people who don't even play his server (And no offense, but I see the majority of you on almost every server and leaving lol..)

Another thing I really can't wrap my head around as far as the relaunching right, is that the majority of the community in the psko scene complain and whine about servers that relaunch, saying that they're money hungry and clout chasing, but the one server that hasn't relaunched and remained online and consistent, you guys want them to relaunch? I'm lost lmao.
    I'm actually unsure if they spoke about it before doing it, all I've seen is they did a post on forum to let players know of their future updates. However, in my opinion, such changes should be spoken with the top clans/players on the server, since it's going to be them that gets affected the most out of it. Anyway, what's done can't be undone. On that, lets just play and enjoy the damn game.

peacee

They did this in a very arbitrary way, it was just announced and executed.
    Yes, I think it could have been handled in a better way. I called them out on that matter, they need to be more transparent with their community.
    If this is part of a bigger scene (as they said it is), we would gladly appreciate if they share their plans in advance with us.

I lost around 3m NPs, I don't even care (if this helps to bring more players and implement new features) how come?
    1. People upset about this are those who see their account as an IRL currency to (possibly) sell and get profit. It's not about a symbol or rank (they still have it, since everything was re-scaled), is about money. twostars gave his opinion on this matter.
    2. They spent good amount of money on war premium and NP scroll in the past just to see all those gains disappear. WnxMiqdaq gave a good explanation on this a couple posts back.

Easy, players that join a server, PK for 2 weeks, sell out, and call it a day. If you read all the posts from twostars he clearly states that's not the audience they're aiming for. And since I'm not a server hopper, I'm glad about that.

From my perspective all these players asking for a relaunch are those who know how good (quality wise, client, hosting, etc) this server is, they just don't want to put in the effort to start a little behind the rest, or need to utterly out gear everyone to succeed.

As for all those players saying "stay away from this server, this server is crap" and whatnot, looks like they have their own rant with the people behind it. To each his own, so I make no comments on such matter.

I'm also not siding with them, since I have witnessed a couple arguable decisions from them on my own, but what can I say, this is still the best PSKO that I have played, and aside from occasional low population on my timezone, this server suits my gaming needs perfectly.
    Last edited by Nath; 01-05-2019 at 09:30 PM. Reason: formatting

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nath View Post
    From my perspective all these players asking for a relaunch are those who know how good (quality wise, client, hosting, etc) this server is, they just don't want to put in the effort to start a little behind the rest, or need to utterly out gear everyone to succeed.

As for all those players saying "stay away from this server, this server is crap" and whatnot, looks like they have their own rant with the people behind it. To each his own, so I make no comments on such matter.
    as a player that wants a relaunch, the only reason I'm recommending it is because it makes the population big enough for me to enjoy the server, the current population isn't enough to motivate me to go farm and PK to try and improve my character

As player active on apexko. i dont think restart server will be good idea. i saw my nps reduce so much that i dnt play anymore to increase them, but still whatever they do to bring newplayers join its fine.
    still im with 2stars he just should ignore thse suggestion from those players who dont even play anymore on apexko.
    relaunch lmao what for to see again those big clans making rush nps after 1 month selling all for usd and quit again then crying again and again sagol.

Little archer Senior Member

I never advocated for relaunch but to think all those players will simply leave if you restart the pk server, why would that happen?

SexyKO remained a staple pk server for years, with ridiculous activity 24/7. Why can't that be your goal instead?

Unless you mean a farm server relaunch, something that would indeed be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    re-launching the server and continue on as with seasons. .
    That's actually an extremely good idea

Basically copy WoW seasons - 30 days long or so

If it rewarded permanent capes from each season with decent logos on for the wank factor to the top 5/10 each nation, I'd be well up for that, irrespective of gear differences.

I'm sure they could code in custom achieve titles as well for each season.

Pretty sure everyone would stop giving a fuck about NPs all of a sudden and care more about ladders, who would care who's got dragon if you got "Ruthless Gladiator XXXX" instead with some fucking dope golden cape with a big "1" on it or something.

The elite gear / title / cape WoW PvP system back in like S9/10 was by far the best and most rewarding system to keep players attracted to the game and keep grinding that I've ever seen, just copy that no?

Knight online definitely needs a shifting away from the NP/Symbol reward system for PvP and into something that provides much more instant or near-instant gratification. WoW removed the whole point ranking system like 10 years ago...

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-21-2022, 06:42 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  3. Hits: 22
    08-22-2017, 03:34 PM
  4. Hits: 2
    05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    05-04-2017, 04:55 AM
  6. Hits: 2