Page 243 of 390 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 5836
Like Tree60Likes

Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT

This is a discussion on Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by YouGotPwndByMyAss this is one big b.s xD the server is death and you know it max 25vs25 ...
Page: 243

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotPwndByMyAss View Post
    this is one big b.s xD
    the server is death and you know it
    max 25vs25 in cz death af
    if ya think that just dont play, and stay out with your negative comments.

LoL how this could happen? #freeteddy!

Apex KO Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    so this just happened...
    one of the few bps on server, i guess some salty kids couldn't handle a bp solo tanking their party while every other bp on the server dies in 3 hits.

not even mad
    Seems to be because you were (trying to) equip two 2-handed items (if you've got steps on how to trigger this, please let me know as we don't want to be banning innocent people ^_^)

Send me a PM on the forums please and I'll get you sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Aesteris View Post
    Seems to be because you were (trying to) equip two 2-handed items (if you've got steps on how to trigger this, please let me know as we don't want to be banning innocent people ^_^)

Send me a PM on the forums please and I'll get you sorted
    i like my explanation more ty. honestly dont worry about it. i scratched my itch for ko.
    it doesnt itch anymore.

edit: not to mention, that explanation makes absoLUTELY zero sense whatsoever. I have never, in a decade of playing any server,
    been banned for playing with inventory up. having a hard time believing this one even a little.

edit 2:

steps:
    -duff f11 while switching str and hp set, while switching from 2h to shield
    -scroll click camera pan while 2h to shield while being boob in all chat

i played this server this way before. explain further the servers reasons for thinking i was *trying to* equip 2 items at once (even typing this feels half retarded), unsuccessfully do this, and STILL get auto banned (what you're going with apparently).

Apex KO Senior Member

i like my explanation more ty. honestly dont worry about it. i scratched my itch for ko.
    it doesnt itch anymore.

edit: not to mention, that explanation makes absoLUTELY zero sense whatsoever. I have never, in a decade of playing any server,
    been banned for playing with inventory up. having a hard time believing this one even a little.
    It's not something any of our GMs did - it's a piece of code in the item equipment functions which automatically check for this sort of thing, it auto bans because we have never (and to my knowledge you're the first one to) been able to do this without client modifications and/or cheats.

The log shows the following :
    "18:15:41 IAteTheBig0ne banned for equipping 2 2H items (Iron Impact (+11) and Iron Impact (+11))."

I never said you did it on purpose (or for that matter even know how it happened to begin with), I should've rephrased it to "Anything you did right before you got banned will be what caused it, can you take me through what exactly (including order) you did at the time so we can figure out if we should adjust the code checking for this particular issue?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aesteris View Post
    It's not something any of our GMs did - it's a piece of code in the item equipment functions which automatically check for this sort of thing, it auto bans because we have never (and to my knowledge you're the first one to) been able to do this without client modifications and/or cheats.

The log shows the following :
    "18:15:41 IAteTheBig0ne banned for equipping 2 2H items (Iron Impact (+11) and Iron Impact (+11))."

I never said you did it on purpose (or for that matter even know how it happened to begin with), I should've rephrased it to "Anything you did right before you got banned will be what caused it, can you take me through what exactly (including order) you did at the time so we can figure out if we should adjust the code checking for this particular issue?"
    i remember the sit i was in before i got banned, and it goes as follows:

-running out of hb bowl ent towards bowl, and find D0PER orc bp straying from group of orcs
    -he drops torment
    -i drop subside (rogue check)
    -he cures
    -no rogues>drop torment as soon as his cure lands (this is where im switching items)
    - while im dropping torment, im also in inventory switching out hp set for str, rols for rocs, shield for II.
    the second i get my str set on, i notice orc party sees me and heads my way - so i throw shield back on (like half a second before i dc)

i remember the sit i was in before i got banned, and it goes as follows:

-running out of hb bowl ent towards bowl, and find D0PER orc bp straying from group of orcs
    -he drops torment
    -i drop subside (rogue check)
    -he cures
    -no rogues>drop torment as soon as his cure lands (this is where im switching items)
    - while im dropping torment, im also in inventory switching out hp set for str, rols for rocs, shield for II.
    the second i get my str set on, i notice orc party sees me and heads my way - so i throw shield back on (like half a second before i dc)
    Pretty much just sounds like nobody played BP before and the auto detection wasn't tested with BPs swapping gear very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Pretty much just sounds like nobody played BP before and the auto detection wasn't tested with BPs swapping gear very quickly.
    Should this be the case, I would have valid enough excuse to be genuinely disappointed in the beta community shying away from a class that requires constant forethought

This raises another point:

Minutes after I disconnected from IAteTheBig0ne i logged my other priest ISpoiledTheBig0ne
    and continued doing the same t!hs I always do. Why wasn't I banned on that character too?

Should this be the case, I would have valid enough excuse to be genuinely disappointed in the beta community shying away from a class that requires constant forethought
    Efficiency is key. I personally only play BP in servers where it's "worth it". There's no point playing a class that requires tons of work for little reward. So if BPs aren't very strong at making solo nps, then there isn't much of a reason to play BP. I think when I tested BP in beta, they were not doing enough damage to make enough kills to make the class worth playing. Basically as long as sins can run away almost 100% of the time, you're better off playing a class with some sort of ability to catch them or slow/stun them, namely warrior.

Efficiency is key. I personally only play BP in servers where it's "worth it". There's no point playing a class that requires tons of work for little reward. So if BPs aren't very strong at making solo nps, then there isn't much of a reason to play BP. I think when I tested BP in beta, they were not doing enough damage to make enough kills to make the class worth playing. Basically as long as sins can run away almost 100% of the time, you're better off playing a class with some sort of ability to catch them or slow/stun them, namely warrior.
    To each his own. I've heard this tale time and time again. Some, edit: MAJORITY play for nps.
    I play for the challenge.

thinking further on your perspective of "worth it".
    We all have our own definitions of this, unfortunately the majority tend to outweigh the minority by way of congressional mediocrity: *whatever works the best, do that*

To each his own. I've heard this tale time and time again. Some, edit: MAJORITY play for nps.

We all have our own definitions of this, unfortunately the majority tend to outweigh the minority by way of congressional mediocrity: *whatever works the best, do that*
    well I don't really care about nps, but I wouldn't stand playing bp in 8v8, especially not on apex while 2 warriors would actually kill you maliced within 3 seconds. Even tho I played against you in bdw and you did well, even better than the other int priest, but you can't compare it as it was full random parties

Quote Originally Posted by tobol View Post
    well I don't really care about nps, but I wouldn't stand playing bp in 8v8, especially not on apex while 2 warriors would actually kill you maliced within 3 seconds. Even tho I played against you in bdw and you did well, even better than the other int priest, but you can't compare it as it was full random parties
    Funny you should say that. You're right, bp isn't for 8v8 parties. It can be done but only with a team that has perfect synergy.

Small party or solo pk is optimal for a class that requires you have total reliance on no other player but your own skill.

theres a reason why not many people play the damn thing. You'll see me dying all over the place, getting jumped, having to constantly town.
    This kind of gameplay has players believe the player is a scared poop or the more popular: the class is useless.

And then theres that one encounter where everything fits like a glove, 1vx and you manage 2 kills, the other gets tped or towns.
    This kind of gameplay has players wanting to try the class, oddly enough.
    Worth every death imo.

Playing with a party that just wants to make nps only ends up with you getting told *how to be better* by others who wouldn't dare try bp (they couldn't take dying and towning so much for so little gain). the satisfaction for them is in a symbol, not the fact that you just bested someone on a class everyone thinks sucks.I guess in that case you'd call me the ultimate asshole.

I'm 100% positive, if private servers eliminated bp entirely, like official servers, id be done with ko for good.

*that moment a rogue feels good about killing u in a 2v1* /install_rolleyes

Don't get me wrong, I love playing BP. I think it's probably my best class overall because there's an actual opportunity to outsmart your opponents by understanding game mechanics. I just hate playing a worthless class. I don't like losing, so if I feel like I could be doing 2-3 times better playing warrior or rogue (more kills per minute I guess, not so much the nps) then I feel like I'm wasting my time playing a ridiculously complex class rather than just playing something more brain dead.

After playing this game for way too long I tend to over analyse things, which kind of causes this "lack of efficiency" to make an impact in my decision making. Whoever has played with me during the past year must have heard me talk about efficiency and how I don't chase single kills, but instead aim to maximize kills per minute. At the same time it's also the reason why I like playing as a mage team against other mage teams. Efficiency and team work is the reason Invincible is the absolute top mage team around.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing BP. I think it's probably my best class overall because there's an actual opportunity to outsmart your opponents by understanding game mechanics. I just hate playing a worthless class. I don't like losing, so if I feel like I could be doing 2-3 times better playing warrior or rogue (more kills per minute I guess, not so much the nps) then I feel like I'm wasting my time playing a ridiculously complex class rather than just playing something more brain dead.

After playing this game for way too long I tend to over analyse things, which kind of causes this "lack of efficiency" to make an impact in my decision making. Whoever has played with me during the past year must have heard me talk about efficiency and how I don't chase single kills, but instead aim to maximize kills per minute. At the same time it's also the reason why I like playing as a mage team against other mage teams. Efficiency and team work is the reason Invincible is the absolute top mage team around.
    Let me see if i understand you clearly. You play to get more kills in a shorter amount of time, yet national points are not the basis. What then, is the point of this perspective? Fun? Killboard? Rank? Less opportunity of raging at death? Efficiency has just become a very broad term.

What I'm asking is - if it isn't about the National Points, then what IS it about?
    I'm genuinely curious as to why people play the way they do. I've always said people play games the way they live their life.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Let me see if i understand you clearly. You play to get more kills in a shorter amount of time, yet national points are not the basis. What then, is the point of this perspective? Fun? Killboard? Rank? Less opportunity of raging at death? Efficiency has just become a very broad term.

What I'm asking is - if it isn't about the National Points, then what IS it about?
    I'm genuinely curious as to why people play the way they do. I've always said people play games the way they live their life.
    Personally I would like to play KO to farm items than to farm NPs. If I have had 10 hours to spend on KO, I definitely would not like to spend all of them PKing.
    Newer KO version has achivements implemented, which I'm in love with. If the craft system was an actual craft system I could easily choose newer version over older ones.
    I don't know if it has to do anything about the way I live. I just like to play games with loot systems. I'm sure those who ever played Diablo 3, 2 or even 1 understands what I'm talking about.

If someone wanna become a known kill machine would choose sin/warrior. If someone wanna gain lot of NPs will choose archer/mage and so on.
    There are many reasons that leads to the decision of choosing a class and the main one is; Is there a friend or a group of friends who's going to join you ? Do you know that you'll meet any friends there ? If so, there is a bigger chance to go with a class like archer, mage or int priest.
    It has to do with the conditions of the time you're trying to play the game. If your group isn't a mage group and there isn't any support mage, someone who knows how to play support mage will choose to go that way, right ?

Playing in a mage group means that you're not looking to become "known" but to have lot of fun and NPs. Whenever you kill others as mage group you get a strange feeling that the enemies are dumb sticking all together every single time.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-21-2022, 06:42 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  3. Hits: 22
    08-22-2017, 03:34 PM
  4. Hits: 2
    05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    05-04-2017, 04:55 AM
  6. Hits: 2